Author Topic: My Sims's Imaginary Friend has suddenly become a Sim  (Read 4220 times)

Offline SammiPineapple

• Nooboo
My Sims's Imaginary Friend has suddenly become a Sim
« on: November 18, 2014, 11:50:33 AM »
One of my Sim's Imaginary Friend's randomly became a Sim. The IF still walks and has the same chat options as a normal IF, and the only one Sim can see him, however he looks like a Sim, with the exception of that glowing ball thing on top of his head.

The IF doesn't turn back into a doll at all, so when his Sim goes to sleep the IF just stands next to him and watches. Sometimes the IF even follows his Sim outside the home lot.   

Has anyone else experienced this and what can I do to fix it?

(PS I have been using testingcheatsenabled true for a while so that might be glitching the game)   

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: My Sims's Imaginary Friend has suddenly become a Sim
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 05:16:52 PM »
@SammiPineapple --- To turn off testingcheatsenabled true, use testingcheatsenabled false
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/cheats.php
Sims 3 Cheats

I hope this helps you with your imaginary friend problem.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 01:06:12 PM »
I've had this happen too, without any testingcheats. When this happens I use a potion to make the IF real and move them out of the house..'just too creepy and disruptive.

Offline Loconut

• Llama Wrangler
    • My DA
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 11:28:20 AM »
I've had that happen too, with dolls that I didn't want. Eventually I used Nraas Master Controller to nuke them from the game and got a mod to bring down the chance to receive the dolls. I love the IF but not every child needs one xD. Never found a reason for the bug happening, nor found a fix even though I tried resetting the sim, deleting it and then bringing it back with overwatch etc.
Blob.

Offline Happy

• Llama Wrangler
  • Sims 3 is awesome!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 03:42:28 AM »
Don't worry, when that happens, you can still turn it into a real sim and the glowing ball on the head will disappear. Also, when I clicked to let my IF sim turn back into an IF doll, it looks normal. I think it is just cosmetic affect or glitch.
People shouldn't insult each other, after all, we all are human beings, how different are we?

Offline Atalanta

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 12:36:31 AM »
I turned testing cheats on and then clicked “delete object” on the IF when my Sim had her teenage birthday. Those things are creepy, and prevent your child Sims from forming relationships with real Sims.

Er...I just typed “real Sims.”

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 01:02:23 AM »
@Atlanta
Thanks for making me smile! Too funny!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.