Author Topic: 2015 Challenge Tournament Overview  (Read 45803 times)

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
Re: 2015 Challenge Tournament Overview
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2014, 03:38:04 PM »
True, but in my opinion those lamps are not going to win a challenge for anyone. We will keep our eyes out for overpowered items as more stuff is released.

The lamps are pretty powerful.  They give you access to emotional auras for pretty cheap ($100 per lamp I think) from the very start, which is impossible otherwise.  With 2 of them you get a +2 aura, so painters can very easily get into very inspired from the get go.  Basically you get +2 mood for any emotion you want for $200 Simoleons.  They made a huge difference in the way I play when I got them.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2014, 07:02:21 PM »
Added the following ban as a general rule for all events:

Editing Non-Home Lots - you obviously can change your own home lot, but cannot make changes to any other lots.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MischaMusic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2014, 12:32:03 PM »
I've got last place stitched up for the challenge tournament this year! LOL

Deklitch, I wouldn't bet on it!! I'm pretty tough competition for your spot!! Ha!
"'Ah, music,' he said, wiping his eyes. 'A magic beyond all we do here!'' -J.K. Rowling (via Dumbledore)

Offline Eloise

• Nooboo
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2014, 07:14:45 AM »
What's an exploit? This is my first time trying the challenges for real!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2014, 10:21:27 AM »
What's an exploit? This is my first time trying the challenges for real!

Basically a little trick you or someone else discover that is probably not the developers original intent. For example in Sims 3, if you queued up songs for your guitarist to play but were in Map mode (zoomed out), the songs would cancel after they played a couple seconds. So, you could burn through 8 songs in no time. That's an exploit because if you were close up and watching your guitarist that would not happen.

So, bottom line - if you discover something like that - you have to tell us to make things fair so we can ban it.

Offline Eloise

• Nooboo
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2014, 04:45:01 PM »
Oh, okay! Thank you

Offline rubywyld

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2014, 10:10:04 AM »
Yay, so excited the 2015 challenges are about to start!!  I'm one of those who have been having a bit of a time getting into Sims 4 like I did the previous incarnations of the game, really looking forward to some 'goal' style playing with others... even if I do usually do pretty horrid!   ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Poffin

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2014, 12:40:38 AM »
The lamps are pretty powerful.  They give you access to emotional auras for pretty cheap ($100 per lamp I think) from the very start, which is impossible otherwise.  With 2 of them you get a +2 aura, so painters can very easily get into very inspired from the get go.  Basically you get +2 mood for any emotion you want for $200 Simoleons.  They made a huge difference in the way I play when I got them.
I agree. With lamps, Sims can just walk into a room and get the "Very Inspired" mood with no effort. That negates a lot the need for mood prep work, like taking an inspired shower, browsing Simpedia, eating high quality food, having other decor, and so on. Why spend the extra time? The hours shaved off of mood management can be much better spent on scoring aspects.

Would the team consider allowing modded objects that give the same emotional auras for the same price? I'm not sure if such a mod exists, but it would level the playing field.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2014, 04:06:33 AM »
Sounds to me like I need to figure out how to get these lamps into my game. :P
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2014, 07:04:46 AM »
Would the team consider allowing modded objects that give the same emotional auras for the same price? I'm not sure if such a mod exists, but it would level the playing field.

Not at this time. Some of you are exaggerating the value of the lamps. Yes, for a given room it is easier to get into a "very" emotional state. But, in the big scheme of things and depending on what scoring components are for a challenge - they have little impact. There were some items in Sims 3 that had to be banned because of how powerful they were. The lamps do not fall into that category.

Offline pithenia

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2014, 07:28:23 AM »
I am super excited! This is my first tournament and I cannot wait to get started!  ;D
Just keep Simmin'

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2014, 10:08:36 AM »
The first two events of the season begin in less than 3 days. :) I know I am excited. I hope all of you are too. Please look over the General Rules as well as the two individual rule sets one more time before beginning to clear up any remaining questions you may have.

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2014, 11:30:29 AM »
I can't believe, as many years that I've used this site, that I never knew about this tournament! I'm super excited to do this! :)

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2014, 12:26:27 PM »
Just a quick question...

You say we can not go into manage world ever, but what if our home lot gets bugged? That's a thing now and the only way to fix it is by going into manage world, evicting your sim, re zoning your lot to residential, and moving back in. With your lot bugged, you can not ask visitors to leave and they NEVER leave on their own. It's quite frustrating.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2014, 01:07:27 PM »
Just a quick question...

You say we can not go into manage world ever, but what if our home lot gets bugged? That's a thing now and the only way to fix it is by going into manage world, evicting your sim, re zoning your lot to residential, and moving back in. With your lot bugged, you can not ask visitors to leave and they NEVER leave on their own. It's quite frustrating.

Just ask permission - the team is always agreeable to that kind of stuff, and you'd have your answer very quickly.