Author Topic: Sims Anonymous  (Read 111593 times)

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
Re: Sims Anonymous
« Reply #150 on: March 18, 2011, 02:04:06 AM »
EDIT: I Forgot earlier. I'm such a simaholic, I'm listening to the theme music on YouTube right now! 8)

I feel so much better now, knowing that I'm not the only one who does that lol.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Nibbles

« Reply #151 on: March 20, 2011, 04:13:31 AM »
Heya I'm Nibbles and I am addicted to playing Sims. My first experience was with SimTowers, I would sometimes just stare at the family condos and wonder what those little people were doing.

Some how I heard about Sims 2, bought it, played it and got hooked. But you're probably asking, 'But Nibbles...' (please, call me Susan) '...how can you skip Sims1 ?!' Simple, once you're used to Sims2 why backpedal to Sim1?

With unhealthy interest I followed development of Sims3 and descided it is the best thing EVAR. Shortly after buying the game I realised my dinosaur of a pc couldn't handle its awesomeness. Boo. So bought a more powerful one. And I replaced the mouse, speakers, headphones, and screen.(See? I'm that addicted.) For me I can't enjoy a game unless the graphics settings are sky high. On a good day I play up to 6 hours but weekdays work enjoys more priority so maybe 2 hours. Usually I'm either working on maxing out my Omni Sim, however, it would seem Leto beat me to it. Or furthering my Dynasty or Legacy(s).

It feels good to say it out loud. But I can quit anytime I want, right? Right?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #152 on: March 20, 2011, 04:43:33 AM »
But I can quit anytime I want, right? Right?

I highly doubt it. Once you're addicted, it's forever. lol ;D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #153 on: March 20, 2011, 05:25:47 AM »
I highly doubt it. Once you're addicted, it's forever. lol ;D
I think this is the correct answer, but the question I wanna know is why would you want to quit in the first place?  ;D Welcome to the forums Susan!

Offline Chopsticks

• Townie
« Reply #154 on: March 30, 2011, 02:32:30 PM »
Hello, I'm Chopsticks and I'm a simaholic!

I'm such a simaholic when I was five I snuck into my sisters room to play her Sims 2! My only memory of it was being unable to get the mother to pick up the toddler to get her into the house, lol. I rediscovered the sims when my best friends sister (also a simaholic) bought it and it was all he talked about for weeks. Getting sick of not knowing what he was talking about I bought it. I've never looked back.

I'm Chopsticks and I'm proud to be a simaholic!
"Doors are for people with no imagination" - Derek Landy

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #155 on: March 30, 2011, 02:51:17 PM »
Hello, I'm Chopsticks and I'm a simaholic!

I'm such a simaholic when I was five I snuck into my sisters room to play her Sims 2! My only memory of it was being unable to get the mother to pick up the toddler to get her into the house, lol. I rediscovered the sims when my best friends sister (also a simaholic) bought it and it was all he talked about for weeks. Getting sick of not knowing what he was talking about I bought it. I've never looked back.

I'm Chopsticks and I'm proud to be a simaholic!

Congratulations! You are accepted into the 'Proud Simaholics' VIP club! ;D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Chopsticks

• Townie
« Reply #156 on: March 31, 2011, 11:03:19 AM »
Yay! (Goes off chanting I'm a simaholic)
"Doors are for people with no imagination" - Derek Landy

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #157 on: March 31, 2011, 11:17:59 AM »
Hey! I wanna be in the Club! >:(
Formerly Simstar3

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #158 on: March 31, 2011, 12:26:55 PM »
Hey! I wanna be in the Club! >:(

You're already accepted into the club! ;D

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #159 on: March 31, 2011, 01:59:00 PM »
Hi, I'm Debbie (or Katluvr, whichever you prefer) and I'm addicted to the Sims...and World of Warcraft, but that's another story.

I played The Sims and The Urbz on my Nintendo DS and really liked SimCity back in the bad old Nintendo console days.  I forget if it was N64 or SNES (yes, I'm that old!)  I never really got into the PC version of the games mainly because I found them confusing and my Sims ended up living like slobs until they died of starvation.

A very dear friend of mine (who also happens to be responsible for my WoW addiction) plays TS3 and, since she and I have similar tastes in games, I decided to give TS3 a chance this past January.  LOVED IT!!!  In very short order I ended up with all the EPs and SPs and found this great community to help me understand the game a little better.  Sending out big hugs to all my new friends and fellow simaholics!

The good news is I'm almost completely cured of my WoW addiction.  The bad news is that TS3, and to a lesser extent TSM, have replaced it.  Oh well, once an addict always an addict - but dang, I'm a HAPPY addict!

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #160 on: March 31, 2011, 09:12:04 PM »
You're already accepted into the club! ;D
WOOT~! ;D
*Pops champagne*
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #161 on: March 31, 2011, 09:13:50 PM »
I think I'm a part of that club too right?  ;D Hi Debbie, being an addict isn't bad as long as what you're addicted too is awesome haha. And we all know the sims are awesome!  ;D I'm also proud to announce my older sister and my 3 year old niece are now addicted to them thanks to me. HAHA!!  ;D

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #162 on: March 31, 2011, 09:38:50 PM »
I think I'm a part of that club too right?

Are you kidding?  You're one of the club's officers at the very least.  :P
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #163 on: March 31, 2011, 09:40:37 PM »
Are you kidding?  You're one of the club's officers at the very least.  :P
Awesome!!  ;D ;D

Offline mysticmirror

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #164 on: March 31, 2011, 11:59:16 PM »
Hi my name is Heather and I'm a Simaholic

I have been playing since the very beginning. I remember very well the first time I played Sims 1. I was horrible at it! I killed Betty and Bob Newbie...poor Sims.  But nonetheless I didn't give up and just kept playing until I got better and better and pretty soon my Sims weren't dying anymore, LOL. Still I was terrible at house building. Then the Sims 1 expansions starting coming out and I thought I was in heaven. Never really did get any good at being a celebrity though, it was too hard. And I always struggled to get to the top of a career do to the fact it was so hard to keep friends. But I knew then I was hooked. I had to have all the games. Then Sims 2 came out and what can I say but I instantly fell in love with the game. Now your child didn't have to stay a child forever. You could have generations of families. It was great. My addiction just grew. Yes, had to have all the expansions all the stuff packs...I was greedy. Then low and behold Sims 3 came out and I just knew I had to have it. Couldn't live unless I had that game. Went and bought it right after it came out on the shelves. Came home put it into my computer and it kept crashing. Ohhh no! Come to find out my graphics card and a few other things just weren't up to par :(. I tried upgrading my computer but no matter what I added, Sims still wouldn't play (I'm not that computer savvy). So I eventually gave up! But ohhh I wanted it so bad. I'd go and watch videos that people were making on it and I'd just drool. Finally this year at tax time I got quite a bit back...my first thought, buy a new computer so I can buy the Sims game. So I called Dell up told them the requirements for the game and then stated I want even more then that. Spent way to much on a very nice computer but inside I'm thinking when Sims 4 comes out I'm all ready, hehe. Well back to my addiction. Didn't take me long and I wanted all the expansions all the stuff packs they have out. Finally got them and now I'm a happy simmer again, feeding my addiction.

anything