Author Topic: Sims Anonymous  (Read 111584 times)

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
Re: Sims Anonymous
« Reply #375 on: February 25, 2013, 12:11:21 AM »
Small Sim world for you Magz. I think that is so cool. I come here because there is no one that I know that is a fellow simmer.

Hi there, It has been ages since I came to a meeting but I am a proud Sim Addict. I guess I felt I had a hold on my addiction so I stopped coming. But now I think I've gotten a little out of hand.

I am not a computer tech person at all but when my game wasn't working I went through every possible solution there was. Finally I find it was the fan that wasn't moving therefore my computer was overheating. Instead of taking it to the shop - remind you I am NOT a computer tech, I went on YouTube to find out if there is a video on how to replace my fan. And success there was a video. So I order me a fan from the manufacturer and get to work.

Well a week later I have replaced my fan and 8 screws didn't make it back into the laptop. But it turned on so I'm a happy Simmer. Then about a month later the laptop becomes strangely slow. I turn on the game and it's skipping like a music CD. I am now wondering if those 8 missing screws were more important than I thought.

And so I am terrified of opening my laptop again. And it was a snow storm planned for this weekend so I needed to be able to play my game while cooped up in the house all weekend by the snow. So I did what any sensible Sim Addict would do. I went and bought me a cheap laptop to play my game on for the weekend and kept the receipt so I can return it when my laptop is repaired. Yes I could have taking it to the shop but the computer show would not have gotten my latptop back in time for the snow storm.

Welcome to all Sim Addicts. Hope I am still welcome to the circle!  ;D

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #376 on: February 25, 2013, 12:33:49 AM »
Small Sim world for you Magz. I think that is so cool. I come here because there is no one that I know that is a fellow simmer.

Hi there, It has been ages since I came to a meeting but I am a proud Sim Addict. I guess I felt I had a hold on my addiction so I stopped coming. But now I think I've gotten a little out of hand.

I am not a computer tech person at all but when my game wasn't working I went through every possible solution there was. Finally I find it was the fan that wasn't moving therefore my computer was overheating. Instead of taking it to the shop - remind you I am NOT a computer tech, I went on YouTube to find out if there is a video on how to replace my fan. And success there was a video. So I order me a fan from the manufacturer and get to work.

Well a week later I have replaced my fan and 8 screws didn't make it back into the laptop. But it turned on so I'm a happy Simmer. Then about a month later the laptop becomes strangely slow. I turn on the game and it's skipping like a music CD. I am now wondering if those 8 missing screws were more important than I thought.

And so I am terrified of opening my laptop again. And it was a snow storm planned for this weekend so I needed to be able to play my game while cooped up in the house all weekend by the snow. So I did what any sensible Sim Addict would do. I went and bought me a cheap laptop to play my game on for the weekend and kept the receipt so I can return it when my laptop is repaired. Yes I could have taking it to the shop but the computer show would not have gotten my latptop back in time for the snow storm.

Welcome to all Sim Addicts. Hope I am still welcome to the circle!  ;D

....but...but..but.. I thought a Simmie addiction was never cured~ D=

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #377 on: February 25, 2013, 04:35:25 AM »

....but...but..but.. I thought a Simmie addiction was never cured~ D=

I don't know anything about a cure. That's why we're here - I mean that's why I'm here.  ;D

I'm not sure how many steps there are in these program but I'm only at step one of admitting I'm and addict. I would say that after taking apart a laptop with no experience and then buying a laptop simply to play for three days and then take it back, that I am far from cured.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm not looking to be cured. Sim addict and proud of it yeah!! *raises fist in the air* :P

Offline yruvian

• Occult
« Reply #378 on: February 25, 2013, 08:05:52 AM »
Hi... I'm yruvian. Started playing Sims when it came out, waited a while to 'upgrade' to Sims 2. I always said I wouldn't go for Sims 3... and I didn't, until my health went completely down the drain and forced me to give up work... Real life is a lost cause with no improvement in sight.

January 2013. I caved in and bought Sims 3 Vanilla, declaring my intention never to buy the expansion packs...

January 2014. All Expansion packs are accounted for (they have been since the release of Supernatural)... and I've started collecting the SPs as well.

By now, my youtube recommendations are mostly Sims 3... When I get up in the morning, (nearly) the first thing I do, is check this forum. The next thing... is checking out the daily offer in the sims store ;). Even though I can't spend an entire day on Sims (body won't let me... otherwise I'd definitely spend all of my time simming), this 'game' has basically become my life.

Right now, I get irritated if something gets in the way of simming... even something as important as a patch. I can hardly wait until EA brings out a new EP to feed my hunger... and no matter how buggy this thing really is, I just can't stop starting it up.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #379 on: February 25, 2013, 08:14:42 AM »
Hi... I'm yruvian.

January 2013. I caved in and bought Sims 3 Vanilla, declaring my intention never to buy the expansion packs...

January 2014. All Expansion packs are accounted for (they have been since the release of Supernatural)... and I've started collecting the SPs as well.

Wow did I lose a whole year playing Sims, my calendar says it's still 2013!   :o  Must buy new one... Seriously we do lose sight of everyday things simming so much.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline yruvian

• Occult
« Reply #380 on: February 25, 2013, 08:39:07 AM »
hehe. No, the error is all mine... Years go buy so quickly I kind of thought I'd had four seasons already <.<

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #381 on: February 26, 2013, 03:57:52 AM »
Time sure flies when we are having fun Simming!!

Man if it wasn't for this job thing and the mommy thing (and I suppose everyday needs), cars would be flying by the time I came up from my game.  ;D

Oh my goodness I am going through withdrawal people! I want to play the game but I am not done installing the patch. I feel like it's been downloading for days. I started when I went to work yesterday morning and forgot about my laptop's power settings so it fell asleep and didn't complete. So I come home all excited and it's still not done. So I go an adjust the settings but apparently I didn't do THAT right because in my frustration I changed the wrong settings. So now it's like 3am and it's still not done!!  >:(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Kaye

• Kooky, Cutie, KIRBY!!!!
  • Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #382 on: February 26, 2013, 05:25:47 PM »
Hi, I'm Kaye! I started playing Sims in 2004, when I was 10. At first, it was only the console versions, which I quickly fell in love with. Then, when I was about 14, I started playing the PC versions, both Sims 1 and Sims 2. And thus, my addiction was born.
The outside is quiet, but the inside is on full blast.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel
Cherry Blossom Daycare Center

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #383 on: February 26, 2013, 06:15:14 PM »
I'm in the process of reading the thread, but in the meantime I am going to post.

Hi, I'm Rosa, and I'm addicted to the Sims 3.
(Forum: Hi, Rosa)
I, like many of you, started playing the original The Sims back when our computer could only handle one EP at a time (we had to choose whether we wanted to play Unleashed or House Party--for me, it was Unleashed, for my brother it was always House Party) and my brother and I fought over who got the computer to play. Now, I have all the expansions, and Ifight negotiate with my husband over who gets to use the computer that will run the game. This has led to a very odd sleeping schedule for me. People look at me funny when I say I get up at 02:00, and my hours of playing every morning has become a joke amongst my co-workers, but I don't care. It's worth it to me.
Right now is a hard time for me because since the latest patch I can't load any save files. This means I can't play the Callahans (my Life States Dynasty family), Snow White's family (for my Immortal Dynasty), or the Generes (Baby Boomer challenge) and if I don't fix it soon I will have to put my new Bachelorette story on hold. We just got a new operating system too and I was so looking forward to the computer being able to use the 10GB of RAM that we bought so that my game wouldn't crash anymore or Error 12 and I could finally play the Callahans again  :'( Instead all it's done is cause more problems so far. I'm hoping that installing Uni will fix it but we can't afford to pre-order it so I'll have to wait until it goes on sale.
Since I can't really play, I've been subsisting on the Forum. It's bittersweet because I have some Sim access but seeing everyone's stories and all really makes me want to play more. I just want my game back! I'm tired of all the problems.

Whew, it feels better to get that out.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #384 on: February 26, 2013, 06:50:38 PM »
Hi, I'm Artsygirl. You can call me Artsy.
I have been into Sims since Sims 1. I watched my dad play it from when I was 3 to when he would let me play at age 7.
I got my brother into it so we fought over who got to play it. We played that until I was 11. My brother and I were looking at new games to get. We saw Sims 2 University. We wanted it so bad. When My mom finally got it for us. The first ones we got were Fun with pets, University and some stuff packs. Our new obsession got bad. That was all we played. We ended up getting all the expansions and stuff packs. Then I saw the release of Sims 3. Around the release of WA. I wanted it. But it took a while to get my mom to get it for me.She finally did in January of 2012. My brother had stopped playing Sims cause he dedicated himself to guitar. Now at age 13 I am a total Sims addict. And I love it and would not want anything different.  ;D   

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #385 on: February 26, 2013, 08:08:48 PM »
Forum says Hi Artsygirl  :D

Well today I am a little down. Remember I said my laptop is not working and I bought another one to tide me over during the snow storm this weekend?  Well the weekend is over and I am going to have to take it back now. I was trying to see if I could work the budget so that I could keep it but I these stupid bills I have to pay. I guess without electricity the laptop won't work after the battery dies so...

Anyway, I will be back to the laptop that doesn't work so I will be wandering the forum more and playing Sims Freeplay on my phone. It's a real bummer because I too have a story I'm working on  (Evil Family Business) and I was hoping to help out Rosa with her Bachelorette project.

I just feel whiney right now.  :'(

Thanks for letting share. I tried to whine to my friends but it's like I'm speaking Simmish to them.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #386 on: February 27, 2013, 08:23:58 AM »
Hi, my name is Eldridge. You can call me Eld for short :)

There's a time when I looking at game magazine and I look into The Sims 2 review for PC. Back then I just wonder, that will be great if I can play this game. I was hooked when see the feature, especially when I see that every life stage has it's moment. I really want that badly, but I can't. My parent won't let me. I remember that I only enjoy The Sims and The Sims 2 for console. I usually play it together with my sister. Though, it's not like the PC version but I'm satisfied for the moments.

For The Sims 3, I can't remember the date when i first time play. I started the game much recently. When I play it first, I totally lost for what to do. I don't get used on PC game. I don't know how to control either but after the time passes I started to get used to it. At first, I only play just for fun. I do the things that I can't do in real life mostly... like make people that I hate suffer and burn someone house lol. I get bored easily when I just play like that, so I decided to play different style.

But, when I search info about the background of story especially townies, I somehow want to give them a happy ending. I know it's only a game, but it's really sad when I read the story. For example about that Agnes Crumplebottom, I try to reunited her with Erik Darling at all cost, lol.

I guess for me The Sims is not only for gaming and just to have fun. I am learn a new things too from this game about life.  When I first play, I really hate baby and elder. For the baby they are so annoying and elder is so ugly. But, when I try too see them from different aspect and put heart into it... I begin to like them, hate less than before. Strangely, it's affect me too in real world, lol.

The things that I love in The Sims is that "Family Tree" things. I love to see how everyone can be connected each others.

I'm addicted with it and can't stop playing.

I love to read other simmers story. And kinda envy them who can make such a good story and amazing legacy lol. The first Sims 3 story that I have been read is Alice and Kev, I was touched. And I want to try to make my own story too.

And guess what? Not long ago, I stumbled into The Sims 2 and I finally can play that game I wanted before. And I say: "oh, I remember, I do really want this game back then. And it's really awesome.". I love The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 boths, each game has it's up and down. So, it's not fair when people say this game better, that game suck :D

Too bad, my friends that I know not into simmie things and not interested so we can't talk a lot. It's weird that when only me that so passionate talking about sims and the other just say ohh... lol. And too bad, I don't know how long my PC can handle more Sims games, because from the beginning my parent didn't approve PC use for gaming lol.

I guess that's it for now. Thanks ;D
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #387 on: February 27, 2013, 02:38:56 PM »
Too bad, my friends that I know not into simmie things and not interested so we can't talk a lot. It's weird that when only me that so passionate talking about sims and the other just say ohh... lol. And too bad, I don't know how long my PC can handle more Sims games, because from the beginning my parent didn't approve PC use for gaming lol.

I guess that's it for now. Thanks ;D

Same here. That's why I am so glad I found the forum. I don't know of other besides the official site because I didn't look after here, but no matter what Sim-thing I have on my mind there is somebody that understands where I'm coming from.

I think I can speak for everyone in this SA group, by saying we understand and support  your Sim Addiction!   ;D

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #388 on: March 13, 2013, 12:24:35 PM »
Hi, it's me Rosa again. Today I realised I have a real problem and I need to talk about it.

Number one, my mum, dad, and husband all yawn unconsciously every time I bring up the Sims. My husband told me today it's because I talk about Sims to the exclusion of pretty much everything else. He asked me, "Don't you have anything else to talk about?" Well...I'm sure I do, but this is a major part of my life right now. It's not just a game, it's an obligation I have to hundreds of people (optimistic guess) who are waiting for me to update my stories, and I can't because my game is broken. It's my release after working with pre-adolescents all day and dealing with end-of-term stress at university. It's my creative expression. Sad as it sounds to non-Simmers (you will understand), my Sims are my friends. They are important to me. The thought of never again playing Marjorie and Zack or Snow or Goodwin or Marielle again--well, it really chokes me up.

The proverbial last straw was last night when I tried unsuccessfully not to be too hopeful that installing University Life would fix my game. I didn't even allow myself to think too much about playing the actual game, I couldn't think about the new content, I was just hoping and trying not to hope that installing it would mean I could have my Sims back. The game was cruel--it let me open a file, and I had a glimmer of hope. But that hope was shattered when the computer crashed and I couldn't open a new file in the same town. I'm not ashamed to tell you I cried. (Although I wouldn't tell that to anyone who wouldn't understand like you will). I mean, really, really cried. Sobbed. So much pressure, and I tried not to hope, but I knew in that moment I had failed. Installing University Life was my last hope; now I am just hoping that we can get a laptop so I can play. I can feel myself shutting down the emotions connected with the game to protect myself so I don't break down in public.

I know trying to explain this to anyone without an obsession would be pointless, and result in ridicule. So even though writing about it makes the pain resurface, it is worth it to tell someone who will understand.

I am Rosa, and I am dealing with the pain of Sims withdrawal.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #389 on: March 13, 2013, 03:30:58 PM »
Oh Rosa, the people on this forum understand your pain and stress and especially your attachment to the game. 

My Sims are like my children.  For a start they're are better behaved and actually do what I tell them to do (mostly).  I have to go away for some time at the end of the month and the thought of 10 whole days without Simming has me near to breaking point.  I am actually thinking of buying a laptop so I can at least cruise the forum while I'm gone.  Like you, Sims gives me the outlet for creativity my now indescribably dull and demanding job doesn't.  If my game couldn't open I'm sure I would go into a total tailspin.  My very sanity would be on the line - seriously.

I'm just lucky my nerdy IT savvy son still lives at home and attends to any glitches.  I came home from a totally rotten day at work and he's installed the new University Life EP, so I don't have to wait to Sim.  He cleans out the caches, scans disc, defrags, upgrades memory or graphics cards etc and whatever else is needed and his price is for me to make his favourite dinner.  He also understands my addiction to Sims, he's the one who got me hooked!  He reads my stories, he even brought me chocolate when Agnes died!

I'm Margaret and I'm unashamedly a Sims addict. 
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler