Author Topic: Around The Worlds ~ The Amin 4x4 (Complete)  (Read 40519 times)

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Around The Worlds ~ The Amin 4x4 (Complete)
« on: January 18, 2015, 04:08:04 AM »
Welcome to my 4x4 tale, I wasn't at all sure if I would get to the end of this dynasty, especially when I had a surprise incident half way through but Trip kindly let me continue, so thank you very much for that Trip  ;D

I had no story in mind while playing this, each world and generation seemed so different and their stories so individual to me it was too hard to weave into something consistent so this is more of a narrative tale based on events that happened than any overarching storyline.

General Dynasty Set Up

Expansions: World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Supernatural, Seasons.
Stuff Packs: All up to Master Suite Stuff
Various Store Items

I own all EP's but turned some off for various reasons, performance, annoying interactions, mermaid invasions etc. The only one I really regretted was Pets as I would have liked the plastic surgery option a couple of times when my heirs had a few issues, weight being the primary one, one of my poor boys was a bag of bones while his grandmother was constantly ballooning up to Judy Bunch proportions, no amount of body sculpting or exercise could fix those two as they would just revert back, luckily they didn't pass it on.

Names

I am dreadful at naming sims, I can never think of anything so generally resort to baby name sites, this time I decided to have a sort of theme, the Amin name comes from Seth's grandfather who was Egyptian so I decided to use that as a basis for naming along with Sanskrit names as I found far more of those than Egyptian, I then added others depending on the world, so for example in Dragon Valley I included Irish and Celtic names in my search. I mostly stuck to two sites, I did notice different places sometimes list different origins for names so some may not be totally accurate to what I was intending depending where you look.

Baby Gender

I made a self imposed rule for this and only deviated from it once. Basically it was wish based and went like this:

Mother and father both wish for the same gender, wish is granted.
One parent wishes for a boy, the other parent rolls no wishes, the wish is granted.
Nobody rolls a wish or they roll opposite wishes, baby gender is left to chance.

In the case of my deviation father wanted a boy, mother didn't care but I wanted a girl as it made my life easier, in the end I left it up to chance and lucky for me I got my wish granted, they had a girl.

Chapters

Dragon Valley

Generation 1 - Kiran
Generation 2 - Layla
Generation 3 - Tara
Generation 4 - Shani
Goodbye To Dragon Valley

Monte Vista

Generation 5 - Eliana
Generation 6 - Jay
Generation 7 - Lucie
Generation 8 - Leon
Arrivederci to Monte Vista

Lucky Palms

Settling In
Generation 9 - Stephanie
Generation 10 - Rohan
Generation 11 - Isaac
Generation 12 - Aiya
Farewell to Lucky Palms

Aurora Skies

Journeys End
Generation 13 - Aaren
Generation 14 - Joren
Generation 15 - Lynae
Generation 16 - Soren

*Warning this link contains spoilers*

Read at your peril or you know just if you are feeling nosey  :P

Amin Family Tree

World 1 Dragon Valley

Dragon Valley Game Settings

Seasons: All, 14 days each
Population: Fairies on all others off
Fixed moon phase

Founders - Seth & Donna

Seth Amin
Traits: loves the outdoors, family oriented, virtuoso, schmoozer, angler
Lifetime Wish: swimming in cash

Donna Amin
Traits: slob, commitment issues, family oriented, kleptomaniac, athletic
Lifetime Wish: swimming in cash

If you have read my immortal dynasty you might remember these two, Seth was generation eight and Donna was his prom assigned babysitter clone girlfriend. That description really doesn't do her justice as personality wise I actually rather liked Donna and Seth was totally besotted with her.

My only objection to her was her generic face so I tweaked it a little, not too much else she wouldn't be Donna, just enough to get rid of any zero sliders and make her less generic. She is also now a witch.

Other than that they are as they have always been, no trait changes but a lifetime wish change to swimming in cash for them both. One that soon got fulfilled after Seth found a tiberium in a dumpster and Donna also managed to convert an apple into another one.

I chose a house in the center of town nestled between the grocery store and business office and opposite the cemetery, that proved to be an interesting choice when the ghosts started wandering over to make use of the facilities.

So that's about it as far as they are concerned, they lived a very happy life together and left me with a nice home and two large tombstones towards the moving requirements.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: Around The Worlds ~ The Amin 4x4 Generation 1
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 05:06:18 AM »
Generation 1 - Kiran

When Kiran was born his parents were living in an empty shell of a house using the toilet for a seat as there were no others and dumpster diving for a bit of cash and furniture.

But then their luck changed when they got the tiberium, it wasn't soon enough though and it became obvious that the baby would arrive before the house was rebuilt, they did at least invest in a new crib.

Kiran wasn't born at home because Donna decided she was going to walk to the hospital while having contractions, give birth, then walk home again with the baby.

By now the tiberium had grown and been sold, both their lifetime wishes were complete and the house was given a makeover while they took Kiran for a stroll, the general footprint remained but the inside had been gutted, downstairs now had just two rooms, kitchen and living room, a new upstairs had three bedrooms and two bathrooms and the attic had space for whatever they wanted to do up there.

Days passed and Kiran grew up, it was already pretty clear he was a mix of both parents, mother's hair and witch powers, dad's eyes and square jaw, but he had been spared the Amin nose, a gift from Seth's grandfather.

Toddler training was a breeze thanks to his family oriented parents, not even his father's abysmal violin skills could put him off.

Childhood arrived and the first thing his dad did was take him fishing, Seth has three passions in life, Donna, music and fishing. Fishing is not in Kiran's future though so it's more of a father and son bonding thing than a serious hobby.

Kiran wasn't the only baby born around that time, this was a good thing as it meant he had kids to attend school with, even better they were all girls.

Debbie Mithrilen, Joanne O'Reilly and Gretchen Eames, a colourful trio of little girls but one in particular caught Kiran's eye even at that tender age. Perhaps because her hair was his favourite colour maybe?

Teenage years were spent working on his alchemy skills up in the attic when he wasn't at school.

And turning a few townies into werewolves and vamps with his elixirs.

His birthday fell on prom night, he wasn't going to miss it though so he had his birthday alone on the side of the road when it was over, even so it turned out to be the best birthday ever after he spent the night dancing with a certain someone.

Kiran had to wait for his new love to have her birthday as well but as soon as she did he went round to see her and make things more official.

He could have chosen any of the girls that night at prom but he chose Joanne O'Reilly, that little girl who had so entranced him with her bright orange hair.

Most of his time was spent in the attic making elixirs, maxing the career had been easy but making 150 elixirs was rather time consuming but he did get out on occasion. One such outing was to a party that Joanne also happened to be attending, for Kiran it seemed the perfect moment to pop the question.

Completing his requirements had been a doddle, partly because he was the first to do so and also because he'd picked an easy career and skill, he finished on his adult birthday and decided to celebrate by getting a tattoo, he choose to have an orange haired grey skinned lady tattooed on his upper right arm in honour of his future wife. His birthday though decided that no tattoo was going to stop it from arriving so he still got older.

Joanne dislikes the outdoors so they chose to have the wedding inside, setting the wedding arch up inside the living room.

It wasn't long before Joanne was expecting, she was so excited to tell her big sister Morrigan, the only vampire in town thanks to a teenage Kiran.

The days passed and Joanne grew larger, Donna and Seth were quite old now but both desperately wanted to meet their grandchild, they still had plenty of time Grim willing.

Then the moment arrived, Joanne decided on a home birth, well it meant she didn't have to go outside for one thing.

She gave birth to a little pink baby girl to go with her pink blanket, they named her Layla, she's a witch just like her father.

So now Kiran's work was done and the torch, or wand if you prefer, was passed on to his little girl.

Generation 1- Kiran Amin
Traits: Slob, friendly, good sense of humour, born salesman, family oriented
Lifetime Wish: LTW Alchemic Artisan
Unique Maxed Career: Alchemist
Two Unique Best Friends: Tera Wagoner, Laurel Carrier
Three Unique Skill Challenges: Excellent Elixirs, Master Alchemist, Alchemists Anonymous
Four Black Ops: Add It Up, Alchemis Mastery, Frequent Fatigue, No Sweat

Spouse - Joanne O'Reilly
Hates the outdoors, great kisser, disciplined, good, excitable

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Around The Worlds ~ The Amin 4x4
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 10:03:32 AM »
I'm glad to see Seth get a second life!

The house looks cool. :D
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 12:44:20 PM »
Hooray for another 4x4 dynasty and for Seth continuing the dynasty line! Can't wait to see how Layla turns out  :)

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 01:29:05 PM »
Thank you both  :D

I don't know how you feel about it but I always feel like the last generation gets cut off in their prime so to speak, to me Seth's story was unfinished in my mind as he never got his wedding to Donna, never had a family of his own, I just really wanted to give him that chance, of course now I feel the same way about gen 16 of this one, it's a never ending cycle of guilt playing dynasties  :P

I think the Dragon Valley house was the easiest one for me, where I grew up there were quite a few old Tudor buildings in the local area so that kind of architecture is very familiar and I've always really liked it, I did find some odd glitches though with some of the Dragon Valley items, the roof ridge despite being way above them in the attic kept stopping them from getting at stuff so I took it off in the end, and I put Bonehilda up there as well, sometimes she'd exit into the roof space instead of in the room and get stuck, or she'd end up over by city hall instead  ::)

Definitely my favourite house of the challenge though.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 06:38:44 PM »
Joanne is gorgeous! And hooray for the little girl, she is such a pretty color!

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: Around The Worlds ~ The Amin 4x4 Generation 2
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 02:50:50 AM »
Yeah I really liked Joanne a lot, in some ways it's a shame she was an unborn baby as that particular sim wont ever exist in another DV game, out of all my couples, excluding Seth and Donna, Kiran and Joanne were by far the sweetest and most affectionate, they really adored each other.

Generation 2 - Layla

Layla was an Amin by name but an O'Reilly by nature, she did at least get her hair colour from her grandfather Seth, other than that she looked just like her mother albeit a pink version.

Her father was going through a bit of a non mid life crisis during her early years, when the tattoo had failed to make him stay young he had drunk one of his potions instead, but this new lease of life had made him feel liberated in an unusual way.

For his parents though time was marching on, if Seth turned out to be anything like his father and grandfather then his was fast running out.

Layla's birthday arrived and at first all went as expected.

That was until Kiran got up to his tricks again. No little girl needs to see her dad like that.

But it wasn't Kiran who upset her birthday celebrations, Seth had held on until it was over and the plates had been cleaned away but he could hold it back no longer, it was time to go.

He had been immortal once but had given that all up to have a life and family with Donna knowing that Grim would be punctual as ever, little girls birthdays mean nothing to Grim when he has a job to do.

Donna did her best to carry on without him, spending as much time as she could with Layla.

But soon it was her time to go as well.

It had been a rough start to her childhood but thanks to grandma's help she had got her A grade in school anyway, and she had also made a decision, one that altered things a little but that in the long run worked out fine, she wanted to be a doctor when she grew up.

But being a doctor wasn't enough, learning logic was fine but she needed another skill for her requirements, so back to plan A for that, sculpting.

Kiran once again had his adult birthday and entered into a real mid life crisis, he did keep his clothes on this time though.

Having got her A and attended her romance free prom it was time for Layla to grow up.

First thing she did was run over to the hospital and apply for a job. She worked hard and got steady promotions, in her spare time she continued sculpting and doing opportunities such as delivering sculptures to those naughty criminals.

One of her co-workers was an elderly man named Aiden O'Connell, he was an old friend of her mothers so when he invited Joanne to a party at his place both Layla and Kiran tagged along, Layla decided it might be a good time to throw one her fathers potions at this old man, you know to keep him around for a bit for future generations.

But whatever thoughts Layla had about future generations soon vanished when Aiden made it clear in no uncertain terms that he wasn't interested in that, no he was interested in Layla and didn't care who knew it, not even his fiancee who was standing right behind him.

Party over the guests left one by one, her parents going home without her, she really should have gone home with them it being her mothers birthday and all, but somehow she just didn't wish to leave and seeing as Aiden's fiancee already disliked Layla there seemed little reason not to go the full hog so she asked Aiden to break it off and go steady with her instead, he agreed to both without any hesitation.

Kiran had finally got over his naturist tendancies and had now developed an obsession with toadifying Joanne, I suppose it's preferable to love charms but only just.

Layla received two opportunities in Egypt so she booked herself a trip and went to meet her ancestors, literally. Little Imsety of course had no idea who she was but it was a strange moment coming face to face with her grandfathers grandfather and his family.

She arrived home in time for Kiran's elder birthday. Thanks to his use of the fountain of youth he had ended up younger than Joanne by some days. Then shortly after it was her own turn.

Old age didn't stop Kiran's misbehaving, but he loved Joanne no matter what she looked like which was actually rather sweet. Or maybe he just had a frog fetish, who knows.

Layla was doing well at work and had started giving neighbourhood clinics, during one such clinic she had to vaccinate Aiden who surpisingly for such a big strong man turned out to be a real baby.

Before long she had maxed her career and finished her requirements, Aiden gladly moved in when she asked him to and soon after they were married.

Would the next generation be another little witch? and would they be a rainboo as well?

Well as it turned out it was a yes to both, and as if having a new grandaughter wasn't nice enough, Tara was Kiran's favourite colour too.

Generation 2 - Layla Amin
Traits: Excitable, friendly, lucky, savvy sculptor, genius
Lifetime Wish: Become a world renowned surgeon
Unique Maxed Career: Medical
Two Unique Best Friends: Teague McMillan, Leonardo Browne
Three Unique Skill Challenges: Chiselmeister, Master Sculptor, Prolific Sculptor
Four Black Ops: An Old Ruse, Scarab Ecology, Senet Strategy, Sculpt A Suspect

Spouse - Aiden O'Connell
loves the outdoors, vehicle enthusiast, schmoozer, athletic, friendly

I just have to add that Kiran must be the best looking elder I think I've ever had, he has such good bone structure it's stood up really well to the ravages of old age. At first I wasn't totally sure about Tara's skin tone it's subtle but it's definitely orange.

As for Aiden well it was a very spur of the moment thing, he was old, very old, and I didn't want him to die during his party so I threw a fountain of youth at him, I certainly never expected him to then start hitting on Layla but he wouldn't stop so I just went along with it and Layla was more than happy to do so.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 05:09:28 AM »
First off, congratulations on finishing the challenge! Kiran is definitely a very young looking elder, so glad Seth's nose isn't passed down I've always hated it, lol.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2015, 01:00:31 PM »
Yes me too, at certain angles it's not quite so bad but head on it just totally dominates his face, and when they get old their noses get even bigger! I really wasn't sorry to see that go  ;D

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2015, 02:40:02 PM »
Congrats to Layla on finishing her requirements! Kiran is still quite handsome for an elder  :D

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: Around The Worlds ~ The Amin 4x4 Generation 3
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2015, 03:20:17 AM »
Generation 3 - Tara

The O'Reilly genes were strong, Tara was like a little peachy orange version of her mother only with her grandfathers black hair.

The festival grounds were just across the street from their house so the family visited often, although the current face painter could do with a bit more training.

And the food merchant didn't even have a uniform, you would think just for food hygiene purposes they would make Dillon Lawless cover those hairy arms, after all werewolves always joke about how much they shed their fur and who wants that in their food.

It's also a good moment to take a family portrait, something to remember them all by when they are gone, it seemed that very thought was on Tara's mind.

And it turned out she was right.

Joanne found some comfort from an understanding source, Donna knows what it's like to lose the only man you ever loved.

But she can at least still smile about her grandaughter, boasting about how Tara takes after Donna in being a kleptomaniac.

Even though elementary School was short Tara had no trouble getting her A grade, before she retired Joanne was the school principal and so was very helpful when it came to tutoring.

Like her father Tara is athletic, Dragon Valley is a very pretty place to go jogging and Tara spent hours doing just that.

Kiran had died on his 52nd birthday the same as his father before him, Joanne lasted much longer but even she couldn't evade Grim forever, finally at 60 he came to collect.

Winter arrived and with it the winter festival.

For Layla and Aiden though it turned into an emergency situation, I Imagine when the poor girl mentioned she felt poorly she never expected not one but two doctors to rush to her rescue.

Tara had her young adult birthday so now she could really start to work on her requirements. At first glance she appears much like her mother, a little plump but not really overweight, but in reality she is 100% muscle just like her father was before he got old and lost it.

For Tara her choice of career was obvious, what else would an athletic Kleptomaniac do? she was born for this work.

So now it was a case of work, exercise, more work and even more exercise.

Since their meeting when Tara was a child she has remained friends with Dillon, although she found him attractive she wasn't really interested in him other than as a friend. But even that got tested at times when he growled at her.

In fact the circumstances of her meeting her future husband were rather bizarre, the family's maid Bonehilda was rather prone to going walkabout, more often than not they would spot her wandering around outside city hall, but today she had decided to try a bit of ice skating, scaring the life out of poor old Riordan Mithrilin.

So Tara and Layla went over to collect her but while Layla was trying to get Bonehilda to go home Tara found herself face to face with the man of her dreams, unfortunately he was older than she'd imagined but that was easy to fix.

Fountains of youth have a strange sense of humour at times and chose to dress Riordan in swimming trunks and flippers, much to Layla's amusement.

Both Aiden and Layla wished to see their little girl get married but Aiden never got that chance, he was 52 as well, sometimes I think Grim really hates the men of this family.

For Tara work was becoming a grind, not that she minded too much as she was a workaholic but promotions were slow, some nights they would claim she hadn't shown up when she had, other nights they didn't tell her there was an extra shift on her day off until last minute, it was holding her back so she took to asking her boss for promotions whenever possible and spending her time off chained to the computer working from home.

Eventually by spring she was done, Riordan had got himself a job at the festival so she hung about with her mother till his shift ended then armed with a cure elixir she asked him to move in.

His wings weren't the only thing he ditched, the mullet hair went too! They married in the garden under the same arch as her parents with a proud Layla watching.

And so the cycle continues to the next generation once more, a blue father and an orange mother what would this mean for the next little rainboo?

How about Hot Pink!

Generation 3 - Tara Amin
Traits: Athletic, Genius, Kleptomaniac, Night Owl, Workaholic
Lifetime Wish: LTW Become a Master Thief
Unique Maxed Career: Criminal - Thief branch
Two Unique Best Friends: Sherrie Boyer, Jamie Lajoie
Three Unique Skill Challenges: Marathon Runner, Body Builder, Fitness Nut
Four Black Ops: Welcome To The Family, Adonis In The Making, Simoleons Under The Table, The Complete Circuit

Around the time of Shani's birth I suffered a severe migraine that laid me up in bed for a day and for a week or two afterwards a dull pain hung about and my eyes were really oversensitive, to me Shani's skintone was an assault on my poor eyes, which aren't that great to begin with having been born with poor eyesight, and I honestly could not bear to look at her for long so did my best not to and when she became a child I covered her up from head to toe just so I could play. As she got older I started giving her suntans to make her skintone a little less painful for me to look at, It's a shame really but her generation was a real trial to me as I couldn't bear to look at her.

She was also my sim with the yo-yo weight issues so screenshot continuity in the next chapter will be rather lacking, pink then purple then pink again, fat to thin to fat and so on, hopefully not too confusing though. I really didn't understand that as Riordan is a stick insect and Tara is super fit yet Shani's natural weight level is almost at full on the slider. I honestly thought Riordan was on the blue slider as his whole family including sister Debbie born at the start of the game were blue, I guess it goes to show that unless you check in CAS you never can tell.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2015, 08:30:00 AM »
Oh, sorry to hear about your eyesight, I can't imagine what it must have been like for you to play during Shani's play through. Poor Tara, that face painting reminds me of a few festival disaster I've seen in the past few years, lol. The men in your dynasties are really unfortunate, I've never had that happen to me.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: Around The Worlds ~ The Amin 4x4 Generation 4
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2015, 03:48:25 AM »
It got better after the move, I think partly as my eyes felt better and also the different lighting in the next town, and yes the men of Dragon Valley were cursed to an early grave if they married my family, every single one of them died the day their bar filled up, that got better as well a bit, the women did well though, at 60 Joanne was my longest lived sim until world four, this is just looking at the number of days shown not counting any life extension tricks mind you, I'm sure technically many lived far longer than that.

Two chapters coming up today, Shani and the move.

Generation 4 - Shani

Shani's favourite colour was hot pink which I guess was handy seeing as so was she.

The last days of spring were spent collecting eggs, Layla had already found three fancy ones for the family collection and the first one Shani collected turned out to be the fourth.

Most of her childhood was spent dressed as an alien, even going to school like it.

When she became a teen it really was about time to ditch the mask though.

Most of the colourful residents of Dragon Valley were long gone now, of those that remained two were family, vampiric Morrigan O'Reilly and fairy Debbie Mithrilen, and then there were the two Lawless brothers and their adopted sister Cara, still alive because they rarely changed out of their werewolf forms. Everybody else in town including her school friends were decidedly average looking.

Layla never retired from her job, instead she worked right up till the end helping the sick and needy. She didn't live quite as long as her mother but she was close.

Summer arrived and with it the tanning booth.

Although Shani's first try went a little bit wrong and made her look more like a vampire than a witch.

In the middle of Tara's birthday the doorbell went, the family rarely got visitors but this was an old friend.

Dillon had come to pay his respects to his friend and co-worker.

Shani redeemed some of the families festival tickets and got herself a home tanning booth before summer ended, when it worked right she turned a deep purple colour. Joanne put in an appearance for her birthday celebrations.

Shani is a natural cook so applied for a job at the Diner next door, between shifts she practiced cooking at home filling the fridge with salads.

And learned every recipe she could to complete her lifetime wish of culinary librarian.

She got an opportunity phone call from Orion Lawless one day, he was throwing a party and wanted some very nice food for his guests, he had heard about her cooking skills from his girlfriend who happened to be Shani's boss.

She soon became best friends with both the Lawless boys, like her Orion was a natural cook.

Unfortunately he was also a tad on the grumpy side and would often lash out at Shani, but he would also apologise afterwards which was a bit unusual.

Shani wasn't having any of it though. Truth is she quite liked Orion but she liked her career more and she wasn't about to upset her boss when she needed those promotions.

But then she was also very fond of Dillon as well, for Shani making a choice between them was at the moment impossible so she just stayed friends for now.

Despite her workaholic tendencies Tara decided to retire, both Riordan and herself were getting on now and she wanted to spend as much time with her husband as they had left.

It didn't prove to be very long at all, it was getting dark by the time Grim came for him on his 52nd day, he actually thought he might live past it this time, but no such luck.

Adulthood arrived for Shani and she had a bit of a mid life crisis, she took to visiting the local pub down the road with her mother where they drowned their sorrows together.

But eventually her mother found some solace in her fathers nightly visits. And Shani got over her crisis with a nice cup of tea.

Time moved on and Shani drew ever closer to her final goal, maxing her career, but then a phone call from a distraught Orion changed things a little and threw a curve ball at her, her boss had just died.

She rushed round to comfort her old friend while all the time hoping this wouldn't affect her chances of promotion, she was so close to the finish now.

Thankfully for Shani by working her socks off on her next shift she still got that final promotion regardless of her new boss not really knowing her.

Now with her requirements over Shani had to make some decisions about her future.

Generation 3 - Shani Amin
Traits: Friendly, loves the heat, ambitious, natural cook, great kisser
Lifetime Wish: Culinary Librarian
Unique Maxed Career: Culinary
Two Unique Best Friends: Jenelle Britton, Jared Engel
Three Unique Skill Challenges: Menu Maven, Star chef, World class chef
Four Black Ops: Very Nice!, Muscle Showdown, Overtime Hours, Insider Dining

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: Around The Worlds ~ The Amin 4x4 Move One
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2015, 04:02:04 AM »
Goodbye to Dragon Valley

A couple of days after Shani got her final promotion Tara passed away.

At least dad was there to comfort her.

But now she had some decisions to make, a move was on the cards but should she go alone or should she finally make a choice between those Lawless brothers.

On the one hand you had Dillon, sweet and charming and always ready with a bunch of flowers to brighten her day.

Then on the other hand you had Orion, he was grumpy.

and argumentative.

But for some reason she just couldn't leave him alone, when he asked her out on a date she agreed, but then he did something quite unexpected.

But even though it upset him and put a dent in their friendship she had to say no.

They didn't speak for a while after that until they met once more at a costume party hosted by Morrigan.

At this point Dillon was looking far more appealing and far less scary.

But since then time had passed and things had changed, Orion was a heartbroken old man, Dillon now had a girlfriend and Shani found herself alone.

Any attempts to console Orion got thrown back in her face.

So did attempts at affection.

But eventually a promise of a new start won him round, much to Dillon's delight.

A potent cure and a fountain of youth later and Orion was like a new man. A lot of his general demeanor had come from his lycanthropy more than his grumpiness, once that was gone he became far less stroppy.

He also finally got his wish to move in with Shani even if it was to her house instead of his.

But soon it was time to leave so Orion said goodbye to his brother, while Shani said goodbye to her aunts.

So that was it, they were off to a far sunnier climate with little more than the clothes on their backs and some money in their pockets to make a fresh start, together at last.

Family Museum Total = 78,726

Collection 1 - Elixirs - 2114 each = 8456
Collection 2 - Sculptures - 5975, 7731, 5900, 12390 = 31996
Collection 3 - Festival eggs - 592, 561, 612, 579 = 2344

Collection 4 - Wedding Presents - 600, 3750, 1490, 30000 = 35840

Career Rewards - Globe Statue - Criminal lvl 8, Insouciance No.12 - Criminal lvl 9, Fox statue, Medical trophy of honor

Tombstones - Seth Amin, Donna Amin, Kiran Amin, Layla Amin

All properties and buildings owned and upgraded, one vacation used.

Goodbye from Dragon Valley, see you again in Monte Vista!

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2015, 08:24:25 AM »
Shani is totally gorgeous! Are you going to add her to the swap shop?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2015, 08:37:46 AM »
Tanning is interesting for colorful sims, but I'm glad that it was somewhat useful for Shani. Aside from the skin, she got a really nice mix of features.

I'd congratulate you on finishing the first world, but you've seen better things. :P

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2015, 11:37:15 AM »
Congrats on completing the first world! I love the goodbye picture at the end. It was awesome  :)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2015, 05:35:22 PM »
Ouch, Shani's skin hurts my eyes a little so I'm pleased you were able to get a work around it. Love the end shot with everyone in it and can't wait to see what the Amins get up to in Monte Vista.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: Around The Worlds ~ The Amin 4x4 Generation 5
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2015, 03:07:38 AM »
Thank you everyone, I can certainly see about putting Shani on the swap shop  :D

World 2 Monte Vista

Monte Vista Game Settings

Seasons: Summer only 28 day cycle
Population: Fairies, Vamps & Werewolves on all others off.
Fixed moon phase

Founders Shani & Orion

Shani Amin
Traits: Friendly, loves the heat, ambitious, natural cook, great kisser

Orion Lawless
Traits: Neurotic, bookworm, natural cook, grumpy, genius

Italian and Latin names are thrown into the mix for this world along with the Sanskrit and Egyptian of the first world.

Generation 5 - Eliana

Shani and Orion arrived in Monte Vista early one morning. They had spent almost all their money purchasing a house out in the hills, it was not the biggest of homes but it had a massive garden and an extra building that might prove useful in the future.

Shani had also spent a little more money on a special gift for Orion.

They married there and then, a new home and a new start as husband and wife putting their past troubles behind them for good.

They wasted no time in starting a family and before long Eliana arrived. Although a slightly darker shade she was green like her father, but it seems the magic got left behind in Dragon Valley for despite her unusual appearance she was human.

She also had her mothers yellow eyes, and her grandmothers black hair.

Money was tight at first, Orion and Shani had both transferred their jobs but his was only at the mausoleum so didn't bring in a lot, Shani kept trying to create a tiberium the same way as Donna had before her but all she ever made were emeralds or jades.

Eliana was quick to make friends when she started school, Horace Rossi had been born a fairy thanks to his father changing into one while his mother was pregnant, there were several children in town the same age as Eliana and a few older ones too.

Orion had planted a few alchemy plants in the garden shortly after they arrived, now she was old enough Eliana took over caring for them, early one morning she went outside to water and weed when suddenly things got rather dark.

Realising what was happening she called her parents and they all ran as far away as possible, the meteor hit smack bang on the spot where Eliana had been standing, wrecking her garden and starting several fires.

But despite the mess and the large crater it turned out to be worth a tidy sum so their money worries were averted for a bit longer.

It paid for a rather old car so Orion could teach her to drive.

And there was a very good reason to learn, you see it also paid for a tractor so now Eliana could really get her garden growing.

High school was over, now she could concentrate on her gardening full time, and with her new tractor it should be a breeze.

Before leaving Dragon Valley Shani had learnt the Ambrosia recipe and now thanks to Orion learning to fish via tabcasts on the multitab she could finally make some, but first she needed to upgrade the replicator she had purchased so there would be more than enough to last for generations if needed.

One nice thing about this town was its market, Eliana could pretty much get any plant she desired there, apparently when he isn't playing for the Llamas Pepe Moretti likes to tend vegetable stalls in his free time.

Eliana's garden was coming along nicely, she spent hours watering, and fertilizing, the days were filled with the noise of her tractor going round and round, she loved that thing and was rarely off it.

But she did sometimes leave it alone to go out, like when she went on a date to the beach with Mikhal Costa one of her old school friends.

And then there were the swimwear parties Horace invited her to, surrounded by semi naked men and she didn't even bat an eyelid.

But then a chance meeting in the park changed her life forever, Orlando Romano had been a child when Shani and Orion arrived in Monte Vista, he was in high school when Eliana was in elementary and left when she started high school, like ships in the night they had passed each other by, until now that is.

The attraction between them was strong, they stayed in the park all afternoon neither one wishing to say goodbye, even Orlando's mother gave them a knowing smile when she passed them by as if she too could sense where this was heading.

And it did, having become the garlic growing queen of Monte Vista Eliana was finished with her requirements and could now do as she pleased and there was only one thing she wanted to do.

They got married in the garden watched by her parents, despite the invite Paola had failed to turn up to see her son marry.

All this time though Orlando had been hiding something, he'd never once let on to Eliana about his true nature but it soon came out once he had moved in.

Had she made a mistake marrying this mean spirited man? maybe if inappropriate Mikhal had tried to kiss her before she was married and pregnant he might have got somewhere and Orlando would have been out of the picture, but then again Orlando had never been anything but a gentleman to Eliana and there were ways of making sure he always would be, perhaps a mid life crisis was in order before the baby arrived.

Any last remnants of Dragon Valley vanished with the arrival of Jay, a rainboo no more, although maybe there would still be a little bit lurking in his eyes.

Generation 5 - Eliana Amin
Traits: Neurotic, loves the heat, over emotional, green thumb, family oriented
Lifetime Wish: Perfect Garden
Unique Maxed Career: Gardener
Two Unique Best Friends: Ariceli Ortega, Irene Ortega
Three Unique Skill Challenges: Master Planter, Master Farmer, Botanical Boss
Four Black Ops: Absolutely Great Produce, Uncommonly Good, Outstandingly Rare, Stomping Grapes

Spouse - Orlando Romano
Loves the outdoors, athletic, family oriented, flirty, mean spirited ( changed to genius)

Green thumb sims love that tractor, it was nice in a way as I never needed to worry about the garden while Eliana was alive, in fact it was probably over watered and fertilized, she never autonomously harvested which was a good thing as at first I worried about others using it but they only did so if I told them to.

A couple of generations on and I forgot about telling them to water the plants occasionally so all my money trees vanished leaving a pile of bills worth almost 200,000  :o

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2015, 08:25:19 AM »
And she's pretty gorgeous too!

Sorry about the disappearance of the rainboo color.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2015, 08:26:13 AM »
Eliana is a beautiful name and so is she. That meteorite must have been exciting as well as Eliana and Orlando's relationship.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: Around The Worlds ~ The Amin 4x4 Generation 6
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2015, 02:59:22 AM »
I had absolutely no clue Orlando was mean spirited, obviously a trait he got while growing up as he doesn't start with it, but he's also flirty and he never stopped flirting long enough to be nasty to her, I don't think I even looked after moving him in, it was only when he had a go at that woman I thought "Huh? what was that for?" so yes he hid that very well.  ;D

Generation 6 - Jay

At first glance Jay looked completely normal, no unusual skintone and brown hair like his father, that was until you saw his yellow eyes.

Orion had changed a lot since the move, he was rarely out of sorts and grumpy now, although for Jay that meant his poor cheeks were getting pinched on a regular basis.

Grim's curse that had plagued the men of the house in Dragon Valley finally left as well, for Shani though this wasn't good news.

Indifferent as ever Grim just helped himself to a drink from the Bistro's bar while poor Eliana grieved over her mother.

As soon as they had the funds the family had bought a small plot in town and relocated all the tombstones there so Orion laid his wife to rest next to her parents.

All too soon though he joined her.

Before she died Shani had magically upgraded three nectar makers for Jay, as soon as he was old enough to use them he got to stomping grapes. With his mother providing the fruits from her garden he planned on making a career of it once he graduated high school.

After he moved in Orlando got himself a job at the stadium, putting his athleticism to work. Unfortunately for Jay he didn't take after his dad's physique, instead he grew up all willowy like his mother, which looked fine on Eliana but not so great on poor Jay, still Shani had left behind a body sculptor so he could always beef himself up if he felt like it, but as Shani had discovered it was only a temporary solution.

Orlando soon lost his muscles to old age though, and Jay finally reached young adulthood.

Now school wasn't getting in the way of Jay's nectar making he could finally make it a full time occupation.

He soon amassed a cellar full of quality and some not quite so great nectars.

Eliana's garden had mostly been turned over to money trees now but she kept two sections exclusively for Jay's fruits, and she also planted some fruit trees for him.

Because of the availability of nice quality fruit in town Jay was able to try all sorts of combinations, some worked and some didn't but Life Fruit and Pomegranate proved a winner. To save his mother the hassle of growing things that may or may not be a great combo he would buy them from the market first to try them out.

On one such visit he spotted a pair of wings sticking out of the ground, obviously a fairy had become trapped somehow but what could he do? well he did the only thing he could think of and zapped her with the moodlet manager, it worked but not quite as he'd expected.

You would think Tomeka Monty would be happy to have been rescued from her underground prison but apparently not. As first meetings go it wasn't a good one.

Jay did his best to apologise and eventually she did forgive him for zapping her naked, they even left as friends.

But while Jay was making new friends his father was leaving his behind.

Because of her fairy nature Orlando's mother was still young even though her son had grown old and passed away, Jay was best friends with his grandmother so when she asked him and his mother to a party at her house he accepted. It was at this party he met Nicoletta Lombardi, yet another fairy and one Jay took an instant liking too, Eliana more than approved.

But Nicoletta wasn't the only woman he'd taken a liking to, Emma Perry was another contender for his affections, sort of.

The thing is Emma was the one who first flirted with Jay but if he ever tried to flirt back she rejected him, as far as Emma was concerned she was free to flirt if she felt like it but nobody could flirt with her as she had a boyfriend, this situation was very confusing to Jay, did she like him or didn't she? one thing was certain though Nicoletta welcomed his advances and made plenty of her own, even at a party hosted by Emma herself Nicoletta made it clear to all attending that she was interested in Jay by walking up to him and giving him an amorous hug.

Eliana had so wanted to see her son marry but Jay's indecision meant she never got that chance.

Yet her death pushed Jay into finally making that decision, he had waited too long when he knew deep down in his heart there was only one woman for him. He'd had it all planned out, he would take her to dinner at the bistro, he'd got the ring and a potent cure elixir it would be perfect but his plans went wrong when just as he was about to ask Nicoletta to go steady she mentioned some other guy she'd just started seeing. But they were on a date! how had she failed to mention this guy when he first asked her out? what happened did midnight strike and some mysterious force pushed her into this other man's arms?

Well half his plan had changed but there was no reason it all had to.

As soon as the potent cure took effect Jay asked her to move in, as Nicoletta was currently living in a tiny starter home she was more than happy to accept. It didn't take long for her to realise she wasn't really interested in the man she'd mysteriously hooked up with during their date and was far more interested in the man in front of her right now. Particularly when he was down on one knee offering her a beautiful diamond ring.

They married on the spot, Nicoletta still in her work clothes, but it didn't matter because they were married at last.

When the time came for their child to be born Nicoletta might have gone for a home birth if Jay hadn't panicked quite so much, his screaming really wasn't helping.

So instead they headed to the hospital and emerged a short time later with their new daughter, Lucie.

Generation 6 - Jay Amin
Traits: Friendly, brave, heavy sleeper, hopeless romantic, born salesman
Lifetime Wish: Bottomless Nectar Cellar
Unique Maxed Career: Nectar maker
Two Unique Best Friends: Joelle Berman, Cullen Berman
Three Unique Skill Challenges: Flavourful Feet, Nectar Master, Mix Master
Four Black Ops: Great plums, Pure Pomegranate, Limes Are Key, Excellent Veggies

Spouse - Nicoletta Lombardi
Great kisser, bookworm, excitable, snob, ambitious

I was cursing story progression for that one  >:( their date was going really well I got them up to extremely irresistible and was just about to ask her to go steady but instead got "ask to break up with whatever his name was" memory has failed me there  :P So yes very irritating when it hooks your date up with another man right in the middle of it.

Tomeka is the unborn Monty baby, I almost feel with these sims I should write it like Tomeka Unborn Baby Monty, Joanne Unborn Baby O'Reilly etc.  ;D

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2015, 05:58:04 AM »
The Monty's always have a boy in my playthroughs so I call him Claudio =D I was laughing so much from the naked fairy lady, was sure she and Jay would get together after that incident  ;)

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2015, 07:29:35 AM »
I kind of expected a Monty boy too, was very surprised to see her trailing into school behind Bianca and Antonio when Eliana was in high school. Next time I saw her she was already a fairy, must have happened straight after she aged up.

In general I let my sims decide their partners, I go by wishes and just behavior around the other sim mostly, Shani didn't pick Orion I did but she never picked anybody else either and of the two brothers Orion was the one she would autonomously flirt with. I still wasn't sure I'd done the right thing when they first got to Monte Vista but they soon proved I had, they could be really sweet together at times and rolled tons of wishes for each other.

So that is why Jay did not get with Tomeka, he just wasn't interested, he liked both Emma and Nicoletta though but in the end he rolled the deciding wish for me to kiss Nicoletta. Something Eliana managed within two minutes of meeting Orlando, I love it when it's that straight forward and decisive, instead of these ditherers who wont make their minds up  ;D

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2015, 12:31:39 PM »
Those yellow eyes were quite striking! I really like how you set up the family graveyard. Those little individual plots looked really nice.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: Around The Worlds ~ The Amin 4x4 Generation 7
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2015, 02:56:01 AM »
Thank you, I did a different design in each town, just to give the ghosts some variety, In each town though they had a tea set, they love that thing plus it fills motives for them, I don't like my ghosts being all tired, hungry and bored.

Generation 7 - Lucie

In the same way that Joanne's features had dominated the Amin's of Dragon Valley it appeared that Orlando's would dominate the ones of this town. Not even those yellow eyes could withstand the genetic onslaught this time.

Jay was getting old, he didn't really want to so he had eaten some ambrosia on his birthday, unfortunately he woke up shortly after going to bed that night with a strange tingly sensation, it would seem he had left it to late to try and stop time.

It was a little strange to be so old while having such a young daughter but he didn't want to resort to alternative methods of becoming young so instead he decided to just make the most of the time he had left. And if he wanted a little extra there was always more ambrosia.

But as it happened he needn't have worried, he was there for Lucie's first birthday.

And the next two as well.

And her graduation.

He'd lived to see his daughter grow into a lovely young woman and with luck he'd one day attend her wedding too.

But Lucie wasn't ready to settle down just yet, she longed for adventure, so armed with her camera she set off to travel the world and take pictures of it all. First stop China to take some photographs of the Dragon Cave.

And get in a little tomb raiding as well.

She did various adventures for the locals in an effort to earn herself a level 3 visa, that was how she met Abi Yat Sen.

Abi wasn't alone though, her son was also at the scholars garden that day, it would seem the fates had aligned for Lucie and Liang and who could argue with that.

But as much as she would have loved to get to know him better she still had more work to do for that visa, and more traps to get caught in.

Once she had it though she went straight round to see him.

Her time in China was soon over but even as she handed the Dragon Cave photo to the person who had commissioned it her thoughts kept wandering back there.

Lucie spent some time just taking photographs around town or doing the odd visa photo for somebody but then she got asked to take some photos in France.

There were quite a few Chinese adventurers staying at the base camp but the one Lucie really wanted to see wasn't among them.

But just because he wasn't staying at the same place as Lucie didn't necessarily mean Liang wasn't there.

In fact he was staying outside of Champs Les Sims and commuting there each day, another chance encounter outside the general store gave Lucie the opportunity to finally ask him to go steady.

Inevitably they had to part once more, but at least this time she had a picture to remember him by.

A picture is never as good as the real thing though.

Liang only came for a visit but he ended up staying for good.

Jay had got his wish to see his daughter married and Abi had got to do the same for her son.

They spent their honeymoon in Egypt, Lucie taking photos of the pyramids and showing Liang the ropes of tomb raiding. When they returned Lucie delivered her photographs and was now free to start her family.

For Jay though time had finally run out, he had got to see so much of his daughter's life but sadly he would not be meeting his grandchild.

But at least Nicoletta would still be there for little Leon.

Generation 7 - Lucie Amin
Traits: Excitable, Brave, Adventurous, Photographer's Eye, Flirty
Lifetime Wish: Swimming In Cash
Unique Maxed Career: Photographer
Two Unique Best Friends: Tricia Robles, Andrea Daniel
Three Unique Skill Challenges: Architectural Eye, Photog, Human Form Expert
Four Black Ops: The Dragon Cave, Visa Photograph, French Photos, The Pyramids

Spouse -  Liang Yat Sen
never nude, easily impressed, neat, good, handy

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2015, 10:15:01 AM »
Aw, Jay lived so long, heartbreaking that he didn't meet his grandson. I love Lucie's holiday romance, and glad she chose Liang, he's one of my favourite WA Sims.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2015, 06:14:36 PM »
I'm glad that Jay to stay around long enough to see Lucie grow up and get married  :)

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: Around The Worlds ~ The Amin 4x4 Generation 8
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2015, 03:11:21 AM »
After what happened with Kiran and the tattoo not working on his birthday I guess I should have known ambrosia wouldn't work either, I just thought it might, but it seems once it's your birthday you can't stop it unless you go back a whole age group, same thing happened with Aiden, I had him eat a couple of life fruit just so he could be there for Tara's wedding but he was 52 when he ate them and obviously already flagged to die that day  ::)

Liang is definitely my favourite WA sim, always has been so when Lucie liked him I was delighted, especially as I find him a nice looking sim and getting his genetics in the family would be awesome, well that was the plan anyway  :P

Generation 8 - Leon

Leon was an adorable little toddler, at this age it looked like he might resemble his father.

But as he grew those droopy down turned eyes showed the only thing he got from dad was their colour.

Leon loved fishing right from an early age, he would have got along famously with Seth.

Grim finally came for Nicoletta, thanks to being a fairy she had lived for a long time already before she even met Jay so she just accepted death gracefully.

Lucie took her mother's grave to the family graveyard and placed her with her father, she even got to chat with one of her ancestors, complimenting Tara on her ghastliness.

Leon's future was definitely going to revolve around fish, they were all he thought about, even in his dreams.

He shared his teenage birthday with his mother's elder one.

Lucie wasn't too bothered about getting old, checking herself out in the mirror frequently, as far as she was concerned she still had the allure.

Liang had some strange ideas about propriety, while he claimed to be never nude, actually not a lie considering he bathed in his swim trunks, he thought nothing of wandering around the house and doing chores in his tiny underpants, even riding the tractor, and didn't seem to care who was about to see him, just so long as any relevant parts were covered the rest didn't matter apparently.

At first glance Leon looked like a really miserable teen, he wasn't though, in fact he was very happy although you could never tell that by just looking at his face, the droopy eyes and down turned mouth hid his true nature a bit too well.

Although he had good reason to be pulling faces when his mother offered to give Leon and his school chum a hayride, Liang wasn't fazed, he'd fought off a mummy in Egypt no hay ride was going to scare him.

The town of Monte Vista was still well populated, new families arrived all the time to replace old ones, Leon met several teens in high school, sometimes visiting their homes after school, it's nice to think he was just smirking at his homework on the multitab and not the dress sense of his new friends, well of course you could think that but you could never quite prove it was the case.

Time passed and his father grew old, not yet choosing to give up his semi naked ways but at least getting some slightly less skimpy boxers.

Soon high school was over and it was time for prom, maybe those girls already wearing their prom dresses were just over eager, Leon though reserved his suit just for the night itself.

Finding your true love at prom is not unheard of, finding nothing more than a teenage fling happens sometimes as well, occasionally though you get swept along in the romance of it all and make choices you later wish you hadn't.

The following morning Leon was having exactly those kind of second thoughts about his choice of prom partner.

But it really wasn't worth worrying about, after all he graduated from high school shortly after.

Now he could spend his days doing what he loved the most.

While there were many new families in town most of the old ones had long gone, only the longer lived ones remained now but even they were getting on. There was one though who Leon very much wanted to meet, he'd heard the tale of his grandfather rescuing a fairy from a fate worse than death, okay it had been exaggerated slightly in the telling but even so this mysterious fairy intrigued Leon enough to seek her out.

And he was very glad that he did.

When Leon had asked Tomeka if she was single she had said yes, but it wasn't until Tomeka's housemate Emma Perry kicked up such a fuss when she saw them kissing he knew something wasn't right here. As it turned out Tomeka had been in an extremely long relationship with David Haines which was news to Leon as David was his grandmother Paola's long term boyfriend. What's more David, Emma and Tomeka were all living in the same house.

But Tomeka agreed her relationship with David was going nowhere, it never had done and it probably never would, especially as he was now a very old vampire and had a steady girlfriend. Why settle for that when Leon loved her and wished to spend his life with her, be it here or anywhere she wished to go. So she ditched her wings, told David she was leaving and moved in with Leon.

She was also sick of working at the bistro so she quit, that wasn't her dream at all, in fact she longed for adventure and to amass a large relic collection worth a fortune, luckily Lucie had already got most of it but a trip to China would finish the collection nicely and give Leon a chance to meet his grandmother.

It's hard to say what Abi actually thought of her grandson but you can take a wild guess.

Because of Lucie having a high level visa they purchased a vacation home, for Leon and Tomeka it seemed like the perfect place to get married.

Leon had his bride but he had not yet finished all his requirements, they still had plenty of time left in China though for more fishing and meditation. With luck he would finish before he became an old man, maybe.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: Around The Worlds ~ The Amin 4x4 Move 2
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2015, 03:21:38 AM »
Arrivederci to Monte Vista

The family stayed in China for some time, Liang spent much of his days with his mother.

Leon spent his fishing.

While Lucie gave Tomeka her first taste of adventure.

As much as Leon loved fishing he also loved practicing martial arts, his father proved to be a great sparring partner, while he could have taken the easy route of becoming a timber terminator he decided to go for the longer challenge of master of meditation.

It was easy enough if a little time consuming sitting about for hours on end.

Tomeka was having a far tougher time of it, the reality of adventuring was far more scary than the idea of it, she had yet to actually meet any monsters but she felt sure they lurked around every corner.

Still she did enough to impress her new grandmother-in-law and earned herself a level 2 visa.

Back home again and Leon had his adult birthday, he was still some way off maxing his career although the time spent fishing in China had helped a bit.

It seems Grim was back to his old tricks again, despite being younger than Lucie he took Liang first, on his 52nd day once again, Liang didn't look too bothered though, he'd had a good life.

But Lucie was devastated, did she die of a broken heart? maybe so.

As much as Leon loved fishing even he was starting to get fed up having to spend all his time catching deathfish in the garden pond, what's worse is his phone had stopped ringing and he wasn't getting any younger.

In fact he was getting old, all he needed was just one phone call, everything else was now done but it never rang and so with little choice he had to give in to old age.

But then the next day he did finally get a call, somebody wanted some training in martial arts, well he could do that no trouble.

So the day after his elder birthday he had his elder unbirthday.

There really wasn't much left for them in Monte Vista now, with Paola's death the last of Leon's family was gone, Tomeka's older brother Antonio was still about but for how much longer who could say.

It was time to leave for pastures new, or maybe somewhere a little more arid.

Generation 8 - Leon Amin
Traits: Loves the outdoors, disciplined, angler, easily impressed, loves the heat
Lifetime Wish: Presenting the perfect private aquarium
Unique Maxed Career: Fisherman
Two Unique Best Friends: Daniela Mosley, Felecia Mosley
Three Unique Skill Challenges: Amateur Ichthyologist, Commercial Fisherman, Master Of Meditation
Four Black Ops: Scavenger Hunt - Rare elements, Fishing for Suits, Say Hello to My Little Fish, Need Training

Spouse - Tomeka Monty
Adventurous, loner, hates the outdoors, virtuoso, coward

Family Museum Total = 54,160

Collection 1 - Money Bags - 511, 575, 413, 414 = 1913
Collection 2 - Life Fruit Pomegranate Nectar - 2744 each = 10976
Collection 3 - Photographs - Nectary 3888, Dragon Cave 9731, Pyramids 10382, Abu Symbel 8833 = 32834
Collection 4 - Relics - Ancient Chinese Snake Of Simhara 2925, Antique French Dropa Stone of the Stars 1319, Ancient French Dropa Stone of the Stars 1414, Antique Wandering Tiger of Baroo 2779 = 8437

Career Rewards - Gardening Hero's Trophy, Nectar Certificate, Nectar Makers Symbol of Honor, Photographers Key

Tombstones - Shani Amin, Orion Amin, Eliana Amin, Jay Amin

All properties and buildings owned and upgraded, four vacations used.

Arrivederci from Monte Vista and say hello to Lucky Palms!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2015, 08:45:18 AM »
It's time to say goodbye to Monte Vista already  :'( Leon is so cute. As ever those family relations are just too weird and funny. I wonder where they will go next  ;)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2015, 11:29:33 AM »
So Tomeka made it into the family after all! Nice  :) I love her traits; they certainly don't bode well for adventuring...

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2015, 11:38:15 AM »
Tomeka got a happy ending after all! And she also seems to be the only sim that can pull off that skirt. It never looks right with my outfits. :(

How long did the trend of your dynasty men dying at 52 last for?

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2015, 05:46:31 PM »
I had a hard time dressing Tomeka, most things made her look fat but she isn't she's just rather well endowed up top, that skirt and top turned out to be the only things that showed off her figure without making her look fat.

She was a hoot to take adventuring, wanting to do it but always scared and fainting, I loved tomeka, she was one of my favourite spouses :D

As for the men, well the first to go past it was Orion and I thought it might be okay after that but then it started again, some managed 53 or 54 days but weirdly my longest lived sim was a male heir in world 4 who lived till 68 then it crashed and on reload he lived till 65, still beat Joanne though who up until then was the longest at 60 days, most female sims lasted between 55 and 58.

Of course none of that counts any life extension, it was just weird how so many died at 52, but then in my immortal dynasty I had a few die at 90, it's just how it goes sometimes.

Currently playing the Sims 4 free trial, I never bought it as it didn't really appeal, it's nice to get a chance to see if what I felt was right and I have to say so far I was. It's just not doing it for me, yet I came back to this thread, read the replies and found my self grinning in recollection at my dynasty game and these sims, Sims 3 is definitely still where my heart is but I shall carry on playing Sims 4 till my trial expires.

Looking forward to getting back to the real Tracey and Dallas though, these emotional imposters just don't match up to my avatar pair.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2015, 04:37:09 AM »
Do you have screenshots of Tracey and Dallas from Sims 4? Please share  ;D

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: Around The Worlds ~ The Amin 4x4 Settling In
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2015, 04:48:17 AM »
Things started getting busier in this town so these chapters are longer, in Monte Vista they arrived, bought a house got married had a baby, even just that was less straightforward here and deserved it's own part, I think I am getting a little more wordy as I go along as well, there just seemed to be a bit more of an interesting story for these sims  :D

Just got the final two generations to write now, so I'm ahead of what I'm posting but not actually finished yet.

World 3 Lucky Palms

Lucky Palms Game Settings

Seasons: Summer only 28 day cycle
Fixed moon phase

Founders Leon & Tomeka

Leon Amin
Traits: Loves the outdoors, disciplined, angler, easily impressed, loves the heat

Tomeka Amin
Traits: Adventurous, loner, hates the outdoors, virtuoso, coward

Settling In

When Leon had enquired about the property before leaving Monte Vista the estate agent had assured him he would love it, he had made it sound so appealing living next to a golf course with space all around it. What he had failed to say was it was more like living on the edge of an old bunker with sand finding its way into all sorts of places, and the beautiful modern house shown on the website? an artists impression only and didn't actually exist, but for an extra fee they could always get one built. Well that would be fine if they could actually afford it but the exorbitant price for the plot alone had taken most of their money.

Well with luck they could make some back maybe, after all there was a casino in town, Tomeka was willing to up their odds a little by hacking the machinery.

But the Casino was used to those kind of tricks and had their own failsafes put in place to prevent it.

But she really needn't have bothered as Leon was doing fine without it anyway.

By the time the sun set over Lucky Palms they had managed to put quite a bit of winnings in their pockets add to that the inheritance money they had both recently received and they just might get that house after all, or at least make a start on it.

So they hung about at the casino roasting marshmallows and waiting for the call that their new home was ready.

Ah yes, now this was more like it.

The house was by no means finished but the important areas had been furnished, their bedroom, the kitchen area and bathrooms.

Oh and of course a nursery.

Leon found Lucky Palms quite different from Monte Vista when it came to fishing, for one thing the main fishing hole was indoors, he wasn't very happy about that, but outdoor hating Tomeka thought it was great.

A night at the graveyard resulted in a few death fish so he bought a fish tank so he could breed more, Tomeka was already a good cook thanks to her former job as a chef, in time she might be able to learn the ambrosia recipe and for that they would need these fish.

All too soon the baby was on its way, and as per usual dad started to panic, flapping about like some demented bird, it really doesn't help the situation.

It was a girl, they named her Stephanie, would she be the first blonde heir? I guess we shall see when she grows up.

In actual fact my boyfriend named her, I said give me a name and he said Steffi, but to me that sounds more like her nickname so I decided on Stephanie as her actual name.

As far as names go for Lucky Palms being a Vegas style place I just thought any name origin would work but other than Stephanie I still stuck to my original naming plan first of Egyptian/Sanskrit and added another later on as it fitted but I wont say more than that because spoilers!!

Do you have screenshots of Tracey and Dallas from Sims 4? Please share  ;D

Just because you asked so nicely :D I didn't spend too long fiddling in CAS so I could probably get a better likeness with more time, but I did take this last night, they were on a date and right in the middle of him professing his undying love to her Katrina Caliente stuck her nose in, the look they gave her was pretty priceless  ;D

Sims 4 Tracey & Dallas

I wish that male hair was reversed, it's the closest to his sims 3 hair but the forehead is too large and the parting is the wrong side. Still it doesn't really matter as my trial will be up soon anyway and I doubt I will buy it.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2015, 04:57:46 AM »
Lucky Palms is one of my favourite worlds, so glad you picked it. That screenshots of them at the pool is really beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing, love their expressions, lol. If you don't mind converted Sims 4 hairs, I think there are quite a few out there where the style is reversed or de-puffed.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2015, 05:10:40 AM »
I'd say out of the four worlds I played in, and other than Monte Vista this was the first time I'd played for more than a couple of days in any of them and even Monte Vista was only about two weeks, Lucky Palms was the most fun I had, I liked Dragon Valley for convenience, living in the middle like I did it was all close by and the only far away thing was Tara's job at the criminal warehouse.

This dynasty is a great way to explore untried worlds  :D

Hmm still got a few hours left of that trial I might go on a hair hunt then, personally I really dislike the hair, it sits too high on the head a lot of the time, like it's a badly worn wig, One thing I would have liked in CAS was a grab point for foreheads to make them shorter, would help with that hair issue a bit I think.

Still enough of my Sims 4 off topic this is a Sims 3 story after all  ;D

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2015, 11:31:36 AM »
Sims 4 Tracey and Dallas look really nice. Glad that they're making a comeback  :)

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2015, 03:31:38 PM »
Just found this (and bookmarked it).  I'm glad Seth got another chance at a full life :).  I love the way you coloured that Boho outfit for Eliana.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: Around The Worlds ~ The Amin 4x4 Generation 9 Part 1
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2015, 03:45:40 AM »
Thank you Malley and Hazelnut  :D

Two chapters coming up today.

Generation 9 - Stephanie

Looks wise Stephanie was just like her mother, when it came to hair she was like her father, but at least she hadn't inherited her father's miserable looking features. Would the Monty genes dominate Lucky Palms like the Romano and O'Reilly genes had dominated the last two towns?

Despite his rather downcast features Leon could be very expressive at times, especially when hit in the stomach by a well aimed water balloon. His daughter sure had a strong throwing arm.

For Stephanie childhood was a time of fun, sparklers and rainbows.

She loved the festival and spent the entire weekend there, even gave her doll to the Tanner toddler, she never played with it anyway and he looked so bored just sitting there with nothing to amuse himself with.

Maybe if big brother Ethan had thought to bring him something to play with it might have helped, but by all appearances he couldn't even remember his own clothes let alone a toy for his brother.

But childhood didn't last very long and soon it was time for high school, although a bit shy she did manage to make some friends, she soon became best friends with Tabbi Claremont and they'd often do their homework together.

Now Stephanie knew that she was of Chinese descent, she also knew way back in her ancestry was Egyptian blood too, her mother was adventurous as was her late grandmother, but the last thing she expected was to find the boys at high school dressed like they were explorers on a vacation in Egypt, with bees, lots of bees.

But then dad said that in his high school all the girls dressed like everyday was prom day, with added bees, so maybe it was just some strange fashion fad she wasn't quite up to speed on.

When the weekend arrived she got a phone call from one of those boys asking her out on a date at the spa in town, despite her shyness Stephanie decided to take a chance and go.

But she was in for a bit of a surprise, Hanson Gilbert had grown rather a lot since she saw him at school the day before, he still had that awful hat on though.

Well she decided it was time to do something about that so she took him to the salon but there was no stylist available, so they went back to her house where she did the job herself, and a pretty good one too.

But there was still something missing, ah yes, wings!

Stephanie found she felt very comfortable around Hanson and only a little bit shy, they had a really nice time that day and by the end of it she had a new best friend.

Stephanie was a very disciplined person like her father, she was also rather handy and the total opposite of her cowardly mother, becoming a firefighter seemed like the obvious choice as far as she was concerned.

It was hot work but she enjoyed it.

Which was a good thing as her co-workers were rather unreliable.

Joshua Gilbert, Hanson's younger brother, was a rather absent minded person, most days he never showed up for work, or else he'd be seen wandering past the fire station, alarms blaring, and the noise might jog his memory enough to make him go inside.

But by then he was already too late as Stephanie was on her way to take care of the emergency without his help.

She still saw quite a bit of Hanson, he often made it clear he wished for more than friendship but her shyness would overcome her and she'd change the subject, it wasn't that she didn't find him attractive, she just never plucked up the courage to tell him and in the end Hanson found somebody else.

That was until Stephanie pulled off the second most heroic feat of her career.

Nothing makes an impression like saving the man you love from a blazing inferno. Hanson was very impressed indeed.

She'd won him back and this time she wasn't letting him get away so she invited him over, threw a potent cure at him and asked him to move in.

There was a good reason that Stephanie and Hanson were so attracted to each other, they had a lot in common, both were very disciplined so it seemed like a perfect time to visit China and learn some martial arts.

So while Tomeka got to work on getting their vacation home back.

Leon, Stephanie and Hanson headed off to the academy.

But Leon was in for a Surprise when he got there, against all the odds his grandmother was still alive and bizarrely looking far better for her age than he did.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: Around The Worlds ~ The Amin 4x4 Generation 9 Part 2
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2015, 03:51:57 AM »
Perhaps Abi knew the secrets his ancestors once did, the trick to immortality, he knew it involved ambrosia but obviously that wasn't all of it else that alone would have worked to keep some of his family alive in Monte Vista, Seth had never passed the secret on but then maybe he didn't really know it himself, perhaps it was a closely guarded secret of elderly grandmothers like Abi and Seth's ancestral founder.

It didn't really matter it was just nice to see her once again.

As their first day in China came to an end Stephanie was already perfecting her moves.

Back at base camp she put her handiness to use fixing all the broken plumbing.

Tomeka had spent her time running here and there collecting rocks and metals and various other items for the locals in an attempt to get her visa up to level 3, she finally did it so got straight on the phone to the estate agents.

That night they moved back in to the vacation home that had once belonged to Lucie and now belonged to Tomeka.

There was a good reason for getting that particular house, it contained a very important artifact and one that Tomeka needed so she could go exploring.

By the time the trip was over Stephanie and Hanson were getting quite adept at martial arts.

While on vacation Tomeka had done a lot of skill book reading, she had finally mastered cooking so could make some ambrosia at last.

Stephanie upgraded her a replicator so she could store plenty for future use too.

As mentioned before, rescuing Hanson was only Stephanie's second most heroic deed, her first most heroic deed was this.

Somedays you just can't help being awesome, this was one of those days.

That night she had one more job to do, those criminals had been at it again, the huge clouds of smoke billowing across the sky meant Stephanie was hours trying to put it out but eventually she did.

She celebrated with a plate of ambrosia then went home and proposed to Hanson.

They were so caught up in the moment they failed to notice the man who suddenly ran past them and out the front door, somebody spotted him though and the next day Leon went in search of his missing relative.

At first the events of Kiran's sudden resurrection were a little sketchy but it soon became clear what had happened. In Monte Vista the family had it's own personal graveyard, here they had yet to acquire one so the tombstones of their ancestors had been placed in storage, before the trip to China they were taken out and placed at home, it was only meant to be temporary but on returning they didn't get round to removing them.

Now at the same that time Stephanie was enjoying a plate of ambrosia at the hangout down the road from the criminal building, Hanson was supposed to be eating his own plate at home, only he didn't do so, instead he replicated it and put it down then wandered off, so while Stephanie was busy proposing the ghost of Kiran was busy munching on Hanson's meal. Even in death he still misbehaved.

Leon wasn't about to let him get away that easy though, after all what would he do, become some hobo living homeless on the streets, he was family and he should be with his family, so Leon asked him to stay.

I'm sure never in his wildest dreams did Kiran think he would attend his great great great great great great granddaughter's wedding.

But now he was back he might as well make himself useful once more.

With three martial artists in the house money was no problem, the garden was full of strange plants these days.

But for a time Stephanie had to stop breaking space rocks as she was expecting.

She drove herself to the hospital in her fire engine, well why not? it was an emergency after all.

There she gave birth to a son, they named him Rohan.

Leon never got to hold his grandson, they returned from the hospital to find a very unwelcome visitor in the garden.

But at least Tomeka got that chance.

Generation 9 - Stephanie Amin
Traits: Brave, disciplined, easily impressed, Shy, handy
Lifetime Wish: Physical Perfection
Unique Maxed Career: Firefighter
Two Unique Best Friends: Charlene Swafford, Brain Swafford (not a typo  :P )
Three Unique Skill Challenges: Tinkerer, Plumber, Electrician
Four Black Ops: Settle an argument, Broken Laptop, Handiness How-To, Bursting with energy

Spouse - Hanson Gilbert
Good Sense of Humour, disciplined, bookworm, excitable, easily impressed

Time for some explaining I imagine, basically this is what happened, Stephanie finished her requirements late on her elder birthday, I really didn't want her to get old so had Hanson replicate her some ambrosia then dragged it into her inventory, as soon as she came out the criminal warehouse I sent her to the nearby hangout with some potent friend elixirs, all she needed was her two best friends and she was done.

Once that was sorted I told her to eat the ambrosia, it's a small place but full of tables inside, she could have picked any of them but no she chose the one picnic table outside that EA had placed against the wall, and she put the plate on the wall side of the table, grrrrrrrrrr!

So now she complained she couldn't eat it and I couldn't move it myself either, I guess some other hungry sim on the lot was trying to get to it as well. This went on for some time but eventually I resorted to getting somebody at home to buy the lot on the computer just so I could move the plate and finally get her to eat it.

At the same time I first told Stephanie to eat hers I told Hanson to get his own plate but with all the goings on I didn't check if he actually ate it, I just assumed. That was my biggest mistake as by the time Stephanie got home and was proposing to him Kiran had appeared. I saw him float past one second then a live version ran back the other direction and out the front door, gobsmacked doesn't even begin to describe my reaction, my annoyance with Stephanie was suddenly forgotten in the shock that I might have failed.

And to cap it all Stephanie aged up anyway  ::)

I have to say a big thank you to Trip for letting me continue for HoF after this happened, and to Shirin for her helpful input in the dynasty thread, I think I would have carried on regardless as I was enjoying myself but the drive was stronger to continue knowing it was still eligible.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2015, 05:38:29 AM »
Good to see Stephanie enjoy the firefighter career, and she actually got to save Sims and not just put out pathetic fires, lol. I'm glad you were still eligiable for HoF, your Sims always seem to get you into a pickle of a sort  ;D

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2015, 10:29:43 AM »
Sims will age up on their birthdays even if you try extending their life.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2015, 12:51:55 PM »
Oh I know, it's happened twice in this dynasty already, but despite the futility of it I still hoped it might work, yeah I'm daft like that  :P

And look where it got me  ::) Although it was fun having Kiran back for a bit, one thing I liked about the other dynasties was your heirs were always around, it's hard letting everybody die, that's why I like having the ghosts about.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2015, 02:00:41 PM »
Way to go Kiran  :o I almost had that happen to me too so I completely understand. Not fun...glad you got to continue and make it to the HoF in the end, though!

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: Around The Worlds ~ The Amin 4x4 Generation 10 Part 1
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2015, 02:31:54 AM »
Generation 10 - Rohan

Rohan's first birthday was a somewhat sad affair, the family did their best to celebrate but they couldn't quite forget the person who should have been there with them.

Kiran proved to be a godsend during this time, his natural ability with children and the fact he wasn't so close to Leon had made it easier for him, and little Rohan idolised him.

He was always there to give a comforting word when things got too hard.

And to help teach Rohan his life skills.

After his surprise resurrection the family had finally purchased a lot to place the family graveyard. As much as they loved having him around they didn't want any more surprises. The ghosts soon settled into their new home.

When it came time for Rohan's next birthday things had gone back to normal somewhat, Tomeka had even begun to smile again a little.

There had been many dolls sent to the family over the generations, most went unplayed with but Rohan had played with Lucky a lot.

When Grim came for Tomeka for once in her life she didn't faint, in fact she was very brave about it and even shook his hand.

Job well done Grim settled in for a nice relaxing foot massage before the next one.

Which happened far quicker than anybody expected.

Kiran was very philosophical about it, after all he knew he shouldn't have even been let out of Grim's domain in the first place, can't blame a guy for trying though.

So now there were just the three of them, well four really but his parents didn't know that yet.

Soon both Rohan and Lucky became teens.

Rohan had already decided he wanted to become an inventor, his first invention was a gnome.

With Kiran gone the family had to go back to relying on the elixir store, one thing they never had in stock were fountains of youth, Hanson found that very suspicious especially considering Shiloh Devyn had manned the register ever since he was a child, she was human after all not a long lived fairy or vampire, was she drinking them?

Prom night arrived, Rohan did his homework while waiting for the limo to show up, when it did Lucky rushed outside but why? he wasn't going to prom surely.

But he didn't get in the limo instead he got in a taxi and drove off in the other direction from Rohan, went up the road near the wind farm, got out then vanished into thin air. He was back at the house when Rohan returned though which was a good thing as Rohan wouldn't want to lose him now he'd got his hands on an imaginary friend metamorphum potion.

But first they had to have their birthday then Lucky could finally become real, his parents were going to be in for a bit of a shock.

Rohan didn't care though, he thought Lucky looked great with his red and black hair dark skin and vivid turquoise eyes.

Despite never actually attending school Lucky got a graduation as well, just being real counts apparently not actual attendance.

So what was in store for these two, well for Rohan inventing was more of a hobby than a vocation, he actually wanted to be a DNA profiler, and Lucky wanted to be a Journalist.

Over the course of her career Stephanie had made many friends in town, saving lives does that, and stayed friends with some of her childhood ones such as Tabbi and Ethan, as shy as she was she would often attend the odd party, when it was all friends there.

Rohan met Tabbi at Varg's tavern once, she spent the whole time regaling him with tales of his mothers daring.

He could be pretty daring himself at times blowing up car parks full of abandoned cars, or reckless, depends how you look at it really. Unfortunately for Rohan the local authorities looked on it badly, but he had a solution, a somewhat controlled explosion with a professional firefighter on hand in case of any major incidents.

Stephanie worked hard that day.

But by evening Rohan had blown up enough old appliances so she got on the phone to let the authorities know it was over, just a few small fires nothing she couldn't handle and no injuries she told them, totally ignoring her rather singed son standing behind her.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: Around The Worlds ~ The Amin 4x4 Generation 10 Part 2
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2015, 02:38:23 AM »
Stephanie had finally put out her last fires, it was time to retire.

She still dreamed about them though.

Rohan was a bad boy and he knew it, you see he had a girlfriend of sorts, he'd hooked up with Andria Winstead in high school and was still with her even now. Yet that didn't stop him putting the moves on Shiloh Devyn on a trip to the consignment store.

Now she had retired Stephanie was spending much of her time breaking space rocks but because Hanson also did this she took one of the board breakers over to the family graveyard, you see she wanted to keep the gems she got this time for the family museum so she needed to know they were hers and not Hanson's.

It gave her the chance to have a chat over a cup of tea with Seth, and come to the conclusion that being a ghost may not be so bad after all.

Rohan and Lucky didn't spend quite so much time together as they used to now both of them were working, Rohan was moving up the ranks far faster than Lucky, who really wasn't living up to his name so far.

Either the elixir store truly had run out of fountains of youth or Shiloh had finally stopped drinking them, whatever the cause after two generations she had finally grown old.

Rohan didn't care though.

Up till now he'd done nothing but flirt, well it's in his nature he can't really help it, but this time he went a bit further.

Even so he still didn't tell Andria, as far as she knew she was his only girl.

If only she knew the truth.

And that truth was that he had fallen for Shiloh and fallen hard, he finally did the decent thing and broke it off with Andria, who was understandably livid.

But it left him free to finally ask Shilo to move in.

When Lucky missed out on a promotion by the mearest fraction he decided to pay his boss Addison Ross a visit, only he couldn't quite find her, somebody had answered the door but all he saw was a walking stick poking out of the floor, sounds familiar, he tried zapping her with the moodlet manager to no avail, then he had a brainwave, how about a fountain of youth instead!

It worked, a rejuvenated Addison popped out of the ground as if by magic, which I guess it sort of was. Needless to say he got his promotion, well she could hardly refuse after he'd not only rescued her from her predicament but saved her from an appointment with Grim as well.

A couple of days later she rang and asked Lucky on a date, he accepted and then brought her home for a makeover.

And a sleepover with unexpected consequences, well for Addison anyway, Lucky knew full well what he was up to.

Rohan was very nearly done with his requirements, his boss Donovan Steel was pretty good when it came to giving him those extra promotions.

As you may have guessed already Lucky was going to be a father soon, he may have slightly tricked Addison into it but he really was a decent guy deep down and he wanted to do the right thing by her.

Eventually anyway, in the meantime he spent as much time as possible with her and their son Shannon.

After years stuck behind a register Shiloh was enjoying her new freedom, while she lounged by the pool Rohan was working the last shift he needed to reach his goal of DNA profiler and finish his requirements.

As soon as he got home he sat down to a plate of Ambrosia with Lucky.

And then made Shiloh an extremely happy woman.

They married in the garden under the moonlight.

And soon Rohan had his own little one on the way.

At least Isaac has a guaranteed play mate growing up.

Generation 10 - Rohan Amin
Traits: Brave, eccentric, ambitious, great kisser, flirty
Lifetime Wish: Swimming in cash
Unique Maxed Career: Law Enforcement - DNA
Two Unique Best Friends: Andria Winstead, Ariane Winstead
Three Unique Skill Challenges: Diabolical Detonator, The Scrap Collector, Widget wonder
Four Black Ops: When Dreams Come True, Scrap For Toys, Nectar Emergency, Hard Core Training

Imaginary Friend - Lucky Amin
Traits: Brave, can't stand art, discliplined, bookworm, vegetarian
Lifetime Wish: Star News Anchor

Spouse - Shiloh Devyn
ambitious, over emotional, neat, schmoozer, missing

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2015, 08:44:01 AM »
An inventor with a firefighting mother is just perfect.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: Around The Worlds ~ The Amin 4x4 Generation 11 Part 1
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2015, 02:56:56 AM »
Generation 11 - Isaac

Lucky Amin liked being a father, so much so he wanted another child.

Addison was wise to his tricks now though and he was out of luck that day.

And quite possibly for some time in the future.

Shannon was slightly puzzled why his dad seemed so miserable but grown ups were always a bit strange. And his dad was one of the stranger ones.

Shiloh and Rohan were more than happy just having the one child.

But they grow up so fast.

At first Shannon looked a little unsure about Isaac but before long they were running around the house playing tag and parted the best of friends.

He shared his teenage birthday with his mother, Shiloh was about to get old once more.

She wasn't at all happy about it.

Isaac looked a lot like his mother, well almost all like his mother to be honest, the Monty genes hadn't held on for quite as long as some of the others in the past.

That night while everybody was tucked up in bed Hanson awoke to a strange feeling coursing through him.

Isaac was very upset about his grandfather, Stephanie tried to console him but he didn't want to be consoled.

He soon found some solace in his love of art, bumping into Shannon at the art gallery as well.

Lucky had eventually got his way with Addison, Shannon now had a baby sister named Shanita, Lucky still spent a lot of his time at Addison's house, he had taught Shannon all his toddler skills and would do the same for Shanita when she grew up, even though Shannon was now a teen Lucky still felt the need to make sure he was doing his homework, although Shannon looked less than impressed that his father was wagging his finger at him and bossing him about.

At least Shannon could take consolation in the fact he wasn't the only one forced to do homework.

Time was moving on and everybody was growing older.

It had been a long time since Lucky first asked Addison to marry him, it was about time they finally did just that.

Graduation turned into a reunion when Issac and Shannon both graduated together.

Issac got himself a job at the salon after graduation, while he may have artistic flair it's not always to everyone's taste, perhaps tone it down a little next time maybe. And maybe a little less scissor happy on the top.

Stephanie was very old now, not quite as old as Joanne when she died but very close, she knew going to the party with her family was taking a chance and she was right, no sooner had they arrived when she had to leave again, for good.

Before her death she had given Rohan something special, a heart shaped pink diamond, creating new life with the gift his mother had given him helped Rohan find some closure.

Unfortunately for Gloria her programming needed some adjusting, she begged to the watcher to please not make her go into the shower but the watcher had no sympathy, after all she told Gloria to do it in the first place.

So Gloria decided if she had to short out she'd at least go down dancing.

If he wasn't working at the salon or doing home visits Issac was mostly sat at the drafting table working on new fashion ideas, that is when he wasn't being distracted by his parents flirting.

Was he a little bit jealous? maybe, but a trip to the art gallery with Gloria led to some interesting meetings, for both of them.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: Around The Worlds ~ The Amin 4x4 Generation 11 Part 2
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2015, 03:02:42 AM »
Issac was getting a dab hand at flattering ladies, he knew just what to say to make them feel good about themselves, complimenting Tabbi on her haircut was sure to win her over.

And it worked.

Sadly Lucky passed away not too long after he moved in with Addison, she was heartbroken.

With only her pension coming in Shannon felt it was time to get himself a job and Issac just happened to know where there was an opening.

Isaac was getting better at styling but was still a bit hit and miss, sometimes customers loved it, other times they were just okay with it and then there were the absolute disasters.

Shanita though loved his work.

She took after her father more than her mother looks wise which was a shame, the only thing that wasn't rather generic was her nose, Isaac was very fond of her but only as a friend which made Shanita rather sad.

It had been quite some time since the family last visited China but now seemed like as good a time as any, especially seeing as Isaac had been asked to deliver a painting there.

It was becoming more and more obvious Abi knew something they didn't, how else was she still alive?

For Rohan and Shiloh this trip gave them a bit more extra time together, they both knew they were getting on in years so every moment counted. For Gloria watching her happy parents together the most she could wish for was to one day get married herself. But who would want to marry a simbot, another simbot maybe?

When Issac returned to work he got rather excited to see Tabbi on his appointments list, that was until he got to her house and discovered what it was she wanted, a new formal outfit to wear to her engagement party to Ethan Tanner.

Isaac buried his crushing disappointment beneath his professional demeanor listening politely as she enthused about her upcoming nuptials, and when he left Tabbi was non the wiser as to how he truly felt about this turn of events.

What made this situation so difficult was Isaac was also friends with Ethan who he had met through his grandmother, she would have been pleased for them he felt sure, her two best and oldest friends getting married.

So he decided perhaps he should just accept it and be happy for them too, that was why he took Tabbi an engagement present of one of his paintings.

But then the following night at a party hosted by one of his clients he witnessed Ethan trying it on with Emmie Irwin and wondered if Tabbi was really doing the right thing marrying him, but if he told her about Ethan's behaviour would it be for her benefit or his own?

After all why would she even be interested in him anyway when she was going to live for a long time to come and he was growing older by the day.

But Isaac getting old meant his parents were even older.

Isaac wasn't home when his mother died, he had been finishing off his final requirement, it meant he got to be young once more but it felt like little consolation at the time, Shanita willingly gave him a comforting shoulder to cry on.

Back home again and a phone call from Tabbi had him cursing at the phone afterwards, he really didn't want to help the woman he loved choose a wedding cake for her marriage to another man, but he said none of this to Tabbi instead agreeing to meet up with her to discuss the wedding arrangements.

A lot of what she wanted would be better done at home where he could sketch ideas out for her to look at so they headed back to the house.

They hadn't even stepped foot on the path when Tabbi suddenly turned around, jumped back in her car and rushed off home in a fury, looked like the wedding might be off after all.

As expected Tabbi and Ethan broke up, unfortunately shortly before this Ethan had moved in with Tabbi, she no longer wished to live with him so Isaac was quick to offer Tabbi an alternative solution. She mulled it over for a bit then agreed, but it would mean losing her wings.

There was a time when Isaac thought he'd missed his chance with Tabbi, he'd been given another one and he was definitely making the most of it.

While it was sad his mother wasn't there for the wedding marrying Tabbi was still the happiest moment of his life so far.

And just when he thought he couldn't possibly be any happier his daughter Aiya showed him just how wrong he was.

Generation 11 - Isaac Amin
Traits:
neurotic, charismatic, loves the outdoors, artistic, perfectionist
Lifetime Wish: Fashion Phenomenon
Unique Maxed Career: Stylist
Two Unique Best Friends: Kelly Gardner, Kane Frederick
Three Unique Skill Challenges: Brushmaster, Proficient Painter, Master Painter
Four Black Ops: A Small painting, The business of decor, Deliver a painting to China, Fresco Fest

Spouse - Tabbi Claremont
Neurotic, loves the outdoors, nurturing, couch potato, light sleeper

Story Progression made Tabbi a fairy but I made Ethan a werewolf, they were both on my future spouse radar and I wanted to keep them around but so far nobody was interested in them, original sims were running out which is one reason Lucky had kids, of course he had a boy and then Rohan wanted a boy too, so I tried again and he got a girl but Shanita was almost a clone face. Then Isaac fell for Tabbi only for me to discover story progression was messing me about again and got her engaged to Ethan, the fact it then split them up was great because I was dithering on getting Isaac to do it, If Ethan became a future spouse did I want him to be enemies with Isaac? I couldn't decide but in the end I didn't have to.

Aiya was my deviation from the baby gender rule, other than Shanita there was one eligible female in town left, Christopher Shaw, she had a boys name and quite frankly she looked rather like a man in drag, dreadfully unfortunate face, and I didn't really want that in my dynasty, sorry Christopher  :P

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2015, 11:12:31 AM »
A girl named Christopher? That's odd. Story progression worked out for you in the end, wish I could have said the same, anyway I'm pleased Isaac was able to marry Tabbi after all.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: Around The Worlds ~ The Amin 4x4 Generation 12 Part 1
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2015, 04:15:05 AM »
Generation 12 - Aiya

Rohan loved being a grandfather, and thanks to some mistakenly eaten ambrosia he was going to see far more of his granddaughter growing up than he ever expected.

They had grown up together and they had grown old together so Isaac knew that time was running out for his childhood friend, he had tried in vain to get Shannon to eat some ambrosia but Shannon would only ever pick it up and put it in the fridge. He did this at his own house and at Isaac's which is how Rohan ended up eating some, Shanita soon polished off the ambrosia in her fridge as well.

Isaac was frustrated and getting rather worried that his friend would die before he could help him, with Shanita having got her wings so soon after reaching young adulthood she would live for a long time to come, Isaac wanted to offer Shannon the same chance but a fountain of youth wasn't an option at the time, until Shannon finally quit his job at the salon, they both came over for Aiya's first birthday and as soon as he entered the house Isaac was ready with the potion. He wasn't about to lose his best friend yet, especially not at his daughter's birthday party.

A rather surprised looking Aiya grew up to be yet another dark haired toddler, but also a good mix of mum and dad in the looks department.

Gloria was the resident alchemist of the family now, and made Shannon a little something to help him keep his youth a bit longer this time.

A quick makeover from Isaac finished the transformation.

In her mind Aiya Amin was a star! her dreams were big, she wanted so be a superstar actress when she grew up.

But first she had to finish school.

There was time for play as well though, Gloria was just a big kid at heart so made a great playmate.

But Gloria had another playmate of her own, Jaycen Hendrix, they had met at the art gallery the same day that Isaac met Tabbi and discovered that they both liked toys, Rohan had made Gloria several toys over the years, she loved her toy whale the most but she was willing to part with her toy cow for a friend.

Or maybe more than a friend.

It was a strange romance, the simbot and the werewolf, Jaycen was never one for commitment but in Gloria he'd finally found somebody who not only understood his childishness but loved him for it. They were a match made on an inventor's workbench, with maybe just a little help from heaven.

Teenage years saw Aiya becoming ever more dramatic, from her outfits right down to her attitude.

But despite appearances and a tendency to whine about her life she was a sweet natured girl really.

Lucky Palms had got rather old lately, Aiya was the only kid in high school and decided to forgo prom, what would be the point of it anyway if it was just her attending, not quite the star lifestyle she had hoped for.

But while Aiya was getting older Gloria decided she was going to stay exactly as she was forever, it was fine while her father was about to give her a tune up but when he was gone who would care for her? so she took a potion that would make her never rust and and never break down, she basically made herself immortal.

It was a proud day when Aiya graduated, for Rohan it was extra special seeing his grandaughter graduate.

Aiya applied for a job at the movie studio but as it was the weekend and she had a couple of free days before work started she decided to go visit the festival.

Being asked to spin on the skating rink is nothing new, finding yourself holding hands and staring into the eyes of an attractive stranger can happen as well, but when that stranger is the man who betrayed your mother perhaps it's best not to mention this encounter to your parents.

Finding yourself also developing a bit of a crush on your dad's best friend might also be a thing better not mentioned.

Life was just one long drama for Aiya.

For Rohan though life was finally over.

Aiya never told her mother about her growing friendship with Ethan, Tabbi had never quite forgiven him for what he did to her and no amount of flowers would win her over.

Ever since that trip to China so long ago Gloria had wished to get married, at the time she had no idea who to but it was her dream and she'd never let it go, and then she had met Jaycen.

And found that even a commitment phobe like him could love a mechanical girl like her enough to say yes.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: Around The Worlds ~ The Amin 4x4 Generation 12 Part 2
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2015, 04:22:58 AM »
Aiya was slowly turning her family into juiceaholics by littering the garden with her various mixology drinks.

She started inventing her own unique cocktails as well.

When she wasn't working she was mixing drinks or telling jokes and pulling faces at Gloria.

Shortly after her adult birthday she took a brief trip to France, once she finished what she went there for she went exploring, even managed to find a rare Glowy Fly for the family collection.

She really should have brought her dad along for the trip as some of the people at base camp were in desperate need of a stylist.

A few days after her return home Aiya achieved her dream of becoming a superstar actress, for once she wasn't acting or being overly dramatic as she wiped tears of joy from her eyes.

Aiya frequently attended parties around town, people liked having somebody famous on the guest list, at one such party she found herself spilling her heart out to Shannon's girlfriend.

But it wasn't her own heart that was broken, it was Ethan's

Feeling sorry for him she decided to cure him with the moodlet manager, at least this time he hadn't caused it himself.

Aiya was done with her requirements now so could happily eat some ambrosia, but as to her future well at the moment she wasn't totally sure what she wanted to do with it. Since achieving her dream the gloss had worn off stardom, she was bored with it and wanted to try something new and exciting.

Over the years she'd become quite close to Shannon, they were the best of friends and he was always full of good advice for her, his suggestion was perhaps she could go traveling.

She decided to give it some thought, as much as she'd like to see the world she didn't want to leave her parents just yet, and there was Gloria's future wedding to Jaycen to think about as well. So for now she just made do with a family night out to relieve her boredom.

Isaac was a realist, he'd already been old once before so he knew what to expect the second time. He just wanted to be sure that whatever happened in the future his daughter would still have somebody she could rely on when both he and Tabbi were gone.

Although he knew he could rely on Gloria she was leaving soon to begin her own life with Jaycen, besides he wasn't totally sure those two were grown up enough to look out for themselves let alone Aiya, and if he was honest there was only one person he trusted to always look out for his little girl.

But it was Aiya who ended up looking out for Shannon when his girlfriend passed away.

It was a tough time all round, knowing his family history Issac had felt sure he would be the first to go, he was wrong.

Instead he outlived Tabbi by a few days.

While Gloria had Jaycen to support her a heartbroken Aiya turned to the one person she knew would understand and who shared her sense of loss.

Try as she might she just couldn't shake off her unhappiness.

But Shannon wasn't exactly having a great time of it either, a long time ago he had moved out of the house he grew up in and moved in with his girlfriend, almost as soon as she died her hot headed relative had moved in bringing her evil son with her, Shannon was seriously thinking of moving back in with Shanita right now.

Buy Aiya had another idea.

The following day Gloria invited Jaycen over.

The time had come for Gloria to fulfill her wish at last.

Then she drove off into the sunset with her new husband, or at least across town.

After they left Aiya got on the phone to the travel agents, she had decided she was going to do as Shannon had suggested and go traveling but with one slight alteration, she was taking him with her.

Generation 12 - Aiya Amin
Traits: light sleeper, good, star quality, dramatic, ambitious
Lifetime Wish: Superstar Actor
Unique Maxed Career: Actor
Two Unique Best Friends: Alison Santiago, Lea Cheng
Three Unique Skill Challenges: Master of mood, cool creator, comedian
Four Black Ops: Background Acting, State of the City, Better Mixology, Just Business

Moving Shannon in was very spur of the moment, when his girlfriend died those two sims moved in, I wasn't bothered about that until she started having a go at him and her evil son was laughing maniacally in the background, I took pity on Shannon and couldn't leave him there with those people, he was born outside the house but I had still raised him via Lucky and he always felt like one of my own sims, at this point Aiya was still completely undecided about her future spouse, she never rolled any wishes for anybody giving me no clues who to pick and I was as undecided as her, still wasn't sure at this point even though I moved Shannon in.

She had three options really, Shannon, Ethan or wait until after the move, if you saw my HoF entry you can probably guess what happened, if you didn't no peeking! you can find out tomorrow.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2015, 06:12:24 AM »
I love Aiya, dramatic Sims can be fun when the right person plays them  ;D I find Gloria and Jaycen's story so cute, he's the last person I'd thought she'd end up with.  I'm so happy Shannon can be part of the family (I hope, I haven't checked the spoilers).

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: Around The Worlds ~ The Amin 4x4 Farewell to Lucky Palms
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2015, 03:37:08 AM »
Yeah Gloria and Jaycen surprised me too, she already knew him when she rolled that wish to get married then the next time she saw him she rolled a wish to kiss him, so I thought well why not go with it, he kept flirting with her too, then she wished to propose so it was all down to her really, she knew what she wanted so I let her have it.  ;D

Farewell to Lucky Palms

One of the reasons for this visit to China was to get the vacation home ready for sale, another reason was to visit one of the few remaining family members Aiya had left.

The eternal grandmother Abi Yat Sen.

Aiya had occasionally tried the martial arts equipment at home but never seriously got into it but being in China made her feel a little more motivated to try again.

Shannon made use of his time getting himself a level 3 visa.

But once that was done he joined Aiya in martial arts practice.

Over the course of the trip their relationship slowly changed from one of two best friends traveling together.

To something a little more.

But soon it was time to return home again. Aiya said goodbye to Abi not knowing if this would be the last time or if she would one day see her again.

Back home again and Aiya still had some vacation time left over, she made the most of it lounging about in the hot tub while sipping romantic cocktails.

But even though their relationship had changed somewhat Aiya wasn't quite ready for the eyeful she got when Shannon decided to join her later on.

You see Aiya had still not stepped over that line yet between friend and boyfriend but she was getting closer.

In the back of her mind there had always been obstacles holding her back, Shannon being her father's best friend, what would he think if he saw them now, would he be happy for them? and then there was Ethan, she was attracted to him too but she'd had to think how her mother would feel, so she had always kept her feelings to herself. Yet if she looked back at her life who had been the one who was always there for her instead of the other way around, who had been her shoulder to cry on instead of her being theirs.

There was only one answer to that, and sadly for Ethan it wasn't him. Aiya had had her fill of Lucky Palms, she wanted to see the world and she wanted to see it with Shannon.

She realised as she hugged him she wasn't just saying goodbye for now, but goodbye forever.

Over the next couple of days they started planning, Aiya gave the keys to her Margaret Vaguester and the house to Gloria, it would be a far nicer place for her to live than her current home with Jaycen.

She wasn't sure where they would end up but she promised to send her postcards along the way.

Shannon said goodbye to his sister and left her the motive mobile as a parting gift.

Goodbyes had been said and tomorrow they started their long journey but in this moment right now Aiya only had to take one tiny little step to finally be over that line.

Family Museum Total = 187,167

Collection 1 - Tiberium - 43056, 36156, 46782, 35673 = 161667
Collection 2 - Butterflies -  3 Rainbow at 1026 each, Glowy Fly 675 = 3753

Collection 3 - Paintings - 4172, 3991, 3728, 4224 = 16115

Collection 4 - Time Machines - 1408 each = 5632

Career Rewards - Firefighter's Axe, Firefighter's Coat, Sims Choice Award, Green Orb Award

Tombstones - Leon Amin, Tomeka Amin, Stephanie Amin, Rohan Amin

Farewell from  Lucky Palms, see you again under the northern lights!

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2015, 05:07:23 AM »
Congratulations on finishing another town.  That neon painting collection was quite something :).

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2015, 11:01:58 AM »
Fond farewell to Lucky Palms and I'm waiting to see what the Amins get up to in Aurora Skies.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: Around The Worlds ~ The Amin 4x4 Journeys End
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2015, 03:39:41 AM »
World 3 Aurora Skies

Aurora Skies Game Settings

Seasons: Spring & Summer 14 days, Autumn & Winter 21 days
Fixed moon phase

Founders Aiya & Shannon

Aiya Amin
Traits: Light sleeper, good, star quality, dramatic, ambitious

Shannon Ross
Traits: Friendly, computer whiz, adventurous, excitable, angler

When Rohan married Shiloh I added Hebrew to the name mix, I looked up Icelandic names but didn't really find much so we are going with Scandinavian instead.

Journeys End

It had been fun traveling together, just parking the trailer whenever they felt like stopping for a few days.

They had tried many activities on their travels but ballooning was a new one.

She may have quit showbiz but Aiya still loved to be dramatic.

It was getting a bit hot in that balloon and it had nothing to do with the flame.

But when Aiya came down sick afterwards at first she wasn't sure what to blame, could it have been the champagne, or maybe the hotdogs from the night before?

Or maybe something else entirely.

It seems Shannon was more like his father than he realised, but unlike Lucky he wasn't going to wait until old age before marriage.

It may have altered their plans somewhat but Aiya didn't mind, in fact she was weeping with joy.

With a baby on the way they needed more than a trailer to live in, no matter how fancy it might be, so they bought themselves an unfurnished house on the outskirts of town. They had just enough money left for a cheap tv and a sofa.

And a crib, although Aiya didn't like it very much.

Shannon was looking forward to fatherhood.

Which was great for him as he had the easy part.

Aiya was tired and ready for bed when the baby decided it was time, she'd almost doze off until yet another contraction woke her with a start.

The promise of a new life seemed to call to the ghosts of their ancestors, many emerged from their graves that night, only to find themselves once more in a strange place with no idea how they got there.

It was too much of a shock for one of them.

Later that night Aiya finally gave birth to a son she named Aaren.

Looking down at her baby boy Aiya realised her wanderlust had finally gone, there was only one place she wanted to be, in her new home with her new family for the rest of her days.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2015, 03:59:20 AM »
I like how you've placed different flowers and shrubs around the graves to depict which world the graves are from.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2015, 12:37:03 PM »
So many ghosts!

Welcome to Aaren.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: Around The Worlds ~ The Amin 4x4 Generation 13 Part 1
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2015, 04:13:35 AM »
Generation 13 - Aaren

Now they had decided on staying it seemed like a good time to do a little decorating of their new home.

The decorators had barely left when it suddenly all went up in flames. Needless to say the fireplace will remain unlit from now on, at least till it can be made fireproof anyway.

Aaren had a little surprise in store for his parents when he grew up, a pair of bright turquoise eyes just like his grandfather.

Aurora Skies was a great place to bring up kids and had good educational facilities such as the Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Center.

Being a tiny prodigy himself Aaren was soon whizzing about in the walker.

Then Aiya sat him down to explain the finer points of acting.

Aaren's first birthday arrived.

While his grandparents may not have been there for his party in person they were definitely there in spirit, well across the street at least if not in the actual house.

There was no shortage of kids in Aaren's elementary class at school, Bubba Clark, Dusty Ingberg and Johnathon Berge to name just three.

With luck there will be just as many in high school.

But first there is the weekend and a chance to visit the festival with his parents.

The Amin family were full of little hidden skills, passed down from one generation to the next, ever since Tara they have all been good at sneaking about, Stephanie had given them all immunity to fire but also made them into pyromaniacs, but sometimes that's a blessing when on a cold day an apple wont keep you warm but a transmogrified flame fruit in your pocket just might.

High school was almost over for Aaren, Shannon felt the need to give his son some rules before he went to prom, no fighting, no pranks and no getting involved with babysitters.

Of course he did all three of those things but his dad didn't need to know that.

But all thoughts of babysitters flew out of his mind when he found himself bobbing for apples next to a cute girl at the festival.

Now looked like the perfect opportunity to show off his new toy, the banshee banisher! he hadn't actually used it yet seeing as he'd only just got the job but Jennika Wong didn't know that.

Maybe his dad had been right about steering clear of babysitters after all, if he had he wouldn't be having to dump her right now because he'd met somebody far more appealing.

Aaren was a genius, this meant a few hours spent at the library juiced up on liquid job boosters saw him going to work on his first day with several promotions already under his belt.

With a better uniform and an upgraded banshee banisher to further impress the ladies with.

Although judging by the fact she called and asked him out on a date he didn't need it to impress Jennika.

They had only known each other for just a few days but Aaren had made his mind up on day one that Jennika was the girl for him.

He was going to China shortly with his parents and he didn't want to leave without being sure that when he returned Jennika would be waiting for him so he asked her to go steady, she said yes at the time but when he phoned her later from China she had no recollection of it. Not much he could do about it now though it would just have to wait until he returned home.

Aaren planned to use this trip to search the galaxy for new stars and planets. His father having a level 3 visa meant they had a nice long trip ahead of them which should give him plenty of time for stargazing.

And to meet his immortal grandmother Abi.

When his parents had sold the vacation home long ago they hadn't thought to take out some of the added extras the family had accumulated, this was causing them a bit of an issue with getting it back, they had the visa level for it but not the funds to actually purchase it.

So his father started raiding tombs while his mother collected metals and gems and anything else she came across in dig sites, eventually after being stuck at the base camp for a few days they finally got it back, which was great for Aaren as he wanted to set up his chemistry lab and base camp wouldn't allow it.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: Around The Worlds ~ The Amin 4x4 Generation 13 Part 2
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2015, 04:20:22 AM »
Holiday over and Aaren was no sooner home than a call came in for him to deal with some ghosts, but he had something far more important to do first.

His ghostbusting was earning him all sorts of awards at city hall, when he saw Jennika standing amongst the crowd cheering him on he decided as soon as the ceremony was over he was going to ask her to move in.

They got home just in time for his parents elder birthday.

It didn't take long for Jennika and Aiya to become best friends.

Aaren had maxed his career long ago but he would still spend his time off roaming around the town collecting wayward spirits just for the fun of it.

Mostly what he needed now were opportunities, when he was asked to make some Falafel he debated if he should waste a trip just to get a recipe but he couldn't afford to pass it up, so he took Jennika with him and they had a great time camping out under the stars and exploring pyramids.

His adult birthday took him by surprise when he was on his way to a job in town, he didn't have time to celebrate though, there were ghosts to be caught!

Aiya and Shannon had always remained the very best of friends, it was one of the things that kept their marriage strong, along with the romance.

When Aaren got asked to solve a riddle war in China the family found themselves back there once again. While they could have made it a brief trip they decided to stay for just over two weeks.

The last time Aaren was here he almost lost Jennika, this time he made sure that would never happen again.

Aiya never did return to showbiz but she did still practice mixology from time to time.

In fact she spent most of her fortnight getting tipsy on cocktails.

With the arrival of winter back home she got to do something that had never been possible in sunny Lucky Palms, snowboarding!

Aaren was almost finished with his requirements at last, he just needed some best friends.

And to turn in his last opportunity.

And then he could finally get married.

While on vacation Jennika had spent her time reading cookery books, Shannon was an angler so had spent his catching death fish in the garden pond Leon had made there, this meant she could now make ambrosia for the family but her preparations got interrupted by a new family member making itself known.

It was icy outside but cosy by the fire so Jennika decided she would have the baby at home instead of traipsing to the hospital on such a cold dark night.

A few hours later found her holding her new baby son Joren, wrapping him up tightly in his blanket to keep him warm she snuggled him until he fell asleep in her arms.

Generation 13 - Aaren Amin
Traits: Brave, Genius, loves the cold, family oriented, great kisser
Lifetime Wish: Paranormal Profiteer
Unique Maxed Career: Ghosthunter
Two Unique Best Friends: Dax Fernandez, Julianne Fernandez
Three Unique Skill Challenges: Celestial Explorer, Skill Professor, Master Chemist
Four Black Ops: Spooky Props, We Love Falafel, Riddle War in China, The Spa Restoration

Spouse - Jennika Wong
Clumsy, Excitable, Good, Virtuoso, Lucky

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2015, 05:01:57 AM »
That eye colour looks lovely on Aaren and Aiya certainly is enjoying elderhood.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2015, 10:40:07 AM »
Awwwww, his eyes his eyes his eyes!

Is Jennika an original townie? She sure looks like it.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2015, 11:20:03 AM »
Aaren and Jennika are both amazing-looking. I hope that carries on with their son.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2015, 12:09:12 PM »
Yes Jennika is a toddler at the start, I'll admit I wasn't overly familiar with the town so I had to check myself at first, I'd read through most residents at the wiki before the move but I forgot about her, also forgot about some other stuff I read as well so had a few surprises down the line and a few moments of "oh of course!"

I'm very much with Trip when it comes to dynasty spouses now, I like original townies or their offspring, when I first started my immortal I had rarely played past two or three generations and always on long lifespans using Twallans SP so had no real idea about the clone face, by the time that was over I was sick of the sight of them so avoid them like the plague now.

I was a little dissapointed Aaren looked so much like his dad with barely anything of mum but those eyes were awesome and stood out so much on his darker skin, what's really funny though is before I started in Lucky Palms I scouted out the town and checked out all the kids and unborn babies and made notes, one of them said Addison Ross - avoid, also had Tabbi Claremont - strange nose and Hanson Gilbert - bit generic, so yeah I really stuck to my guns there  ;D

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: Around The Worlds ~ The Amin 4x4 Generation 14 Part 1
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2015, 07:27:52 AM »
Generation 14 - Joren

Joren was a very happy toddler.

He loved being read to by his dad.

And bathed by his grandmother.

Sadly he never really got to know his grandfather.

Aiya started teaching him to talk.

But she was too heartbroken to finish it and she too passed away.

Joren was too young to really understand what had happened, which might have been a blessing really.

As he grew his love of books continued.

But teenage years saw a few personality problems rise to the surface when he started talking to himself and speaking total madness to others.

Still he survived the insanity long enough to reach young adulthood.

Luckily he loved the cold because swim trunks in winter were never a good idea, but there was a roaring fire next to the desk so perhaps he felt too hot otherwise.

More than anything Joren wanted to be a writer, but that was something he could easily do in his spare time so he got a job in journalism, it was not quite what he had hoped for at first but being across the hallway from that cute girl in the business office helped cure the boredom or sorting papers.

When he wasn't working he was writing, his brain was a jumble of words that he just had to get out, writing helped to calm the madness a little.

But sometimes he couldn't help it from escaping even if he didn't really mean what he said, especially to his loving parents.

His parents were both old now but Aaren still spent his time hunting ghosts, Jennika had worked at the police station for a time but she retired after she reached old age.

Aaren also used his hunting skills to hunt down beetles for the family collection.

Joren was quite lucky in a way, his boss was his grandmother Rajita Wong so quite willing to give her one and only grandchild a promotion if he asked, Jennika got on well with her mother, her father died before she met Aaren but her mother being a fairy meant she was now younger then her.

Spring finally arrived and with it the spring festival, and a chance for Joren the tiger to have his first kiss.

Maybe not quite the kiss his hopeless romantic heart dreamed of but the kissing booth lady enjoyed it.

Joren spent a lot of time at the library, it was a good place to write, and to meet people.

That cute girl from the business office turned out to be the girl next door, she lived in the red house at the end of his garden with her sister Karen and Loki Beaker, Karen's boyfriend.

And it seemed that Kristin Helgason had been eyeing up Joren too.

On his day off he decided to pop round to her house, Kristin was certainly not backwards in letting Joren know she liked him.

It was love day you see and only one person was on her mind.

But much to Loki's annoyance he was on Karen's too.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: Around The Worlds ~ The Amin 4x4 Generation 14 Part 2
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2015, 07:35:26 AM »
For Joren though only one woman mattered and that was Kristin.

A few nights later they went on a date, and being a gentleman he walked her to her door afterwards, but he couldn't leave her there without at least a kiss goodbye.

After yet another promotion from grandma all Joren needed was one more to be finished with his requirements.

And he finished just in time too as his elder birthday was fast approaching, some ambrosia soon sorted that out and put it off for a little longer.

With everything now done Joren felt sure this would be a good time to propose to Kristin. He tracked her down to one of the local hangouts and there he got down on bended knee and asked if she would marry him, without hesitation Kristin said yes.

But perhaps she shouldn't have been quite so fast, maybe she didn't realise her other man was there at the time, Dax Fernandez his father's best friend and apparently he was Kristin's romantic interest before Joren came on the scene, he was not happy to say the least.

Okay so he had good reason to be angry but Kristin gave as good as she got.

That was until he raised his hand to her.

Up until now Joren had just stood back and watched it all unfold but that was a step too far for him, he had to defend his lady's honour!

Perhaps it was his insanity that made him then start enthusing about the wedding to Dax, understandably Dax really wasn't interested.

But his parents were delighted.

And soon looking forward to becoming grandparents.

Kristin's parents had divorced when she was just a toddler and she had been raised by her father, even though she'd had a good relationship with her mother she vowed that nothing would ever part her from her daughter Lynae.

Or her goofy husband, especially when they were so adorable together.

Generation 14 - Joren Amin
Traits: Heavy Sleeper, Loves The Cold, Bookworm, Insane, Hopeless Romantic
Lifetime Wish: Professional Author
Unique Maxed Career: Journalist
Two Unique Best Friends: Andre Glover, Molly Nair
Three Unique Skill Challenges: Speed Writer, Prolific Writer, Specialist Writer (articles)
Four Black Ops: A History of One, Photojournalism, To Boldly Go, Extra Curricular Activity

Spouse - Kristin Helgason
Athletic, Easily Impressed, Hates the outdoors, Dramatic, Gatherer

I seriously wished I could have kept Joren a toddler forever, he was just so adorable  ;D  it's a shame Kristin's sister was dating Loki, I'd have liked him in the family if only for Sims 2 nostalgia but despite them not actually being married he showed up as uncle to Lynae and brother in law to Joren.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2015, 06:25:08 PM »
Joren is one good looking Sim and glad he slapped Dax for hitting a woman.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: Around The Worlds ~ The Amin 4x4 Generation 15 Part 1
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2015, 04:13:15 AM »
Generation 15 - Lynae

From an early age Lynae showed an aptitude for music.

Her grandfather spent a lot of time with her when she was small.

Sadly her grandmother died before she ever got the chance to know her.

Aaren found great comfort in caring for his granddaughter after Jennika passed.

And as she grew their bond just got stronger.

That's not to say she didn't get on with her parents, Kristin spent a lot of time tutoring Lynae and Joren was always up for a game of tag.

But her grandfather held a special place in her heart.

Aaren continued ridding the town of ghosts, on this job though he hadn't expected the ghost to be the client.

Lynae's teenage birthday arrived, it was already obvious she was more of a Ross than a Helgason, Shannon had looked like his mother, Aaren mostly like his father and Joren while more of a mixture was still more Ross than Wong.

But despite the dark colouring and full lips Lynae turned out to have her mothers nose and eyes, minus the dazzling blue.

Some new residents had moved to town recently, she soon made friends with David Spann, at the time she assumed the werewolf was a visitor to his house like her but she later learnt otherwise.

David even came to her fathers elder birthday.

As soon as high school was over Lynae got herself a job at the theater, her boss turned out to be Stein Svard, the werewolf she had seen at David's house.

Now seemed like a good time to go and introduce herself. Stein had not been visiting David, he lived there along with his brother Stefan and David's parents.

And one other person, her great grandmother Rajita, she had recently lost her long term partner Johan Wrede, they had been together since soon after Aaren met Jennika so it had been a long time.

A very long time, Aaren had lived longer than anybody else ever in the history of his family, when Grim finally called time he was 65, yet still he wanted to stay.

Lynae's first few days at work were going well, her relationship with her boss was a little up and down though.

Truth was she found him a bit scary, his brother looked quite intimidating as well.

But if she wished to visit Rajita or David she had to be brave and try and ignore the growling.

On the other hand her vampiric uncle was positively charming, she liked Loki a lot.

Her parents had both retired now and spent their days just enjoying themselves doing fun things like pumpkin carving.

And being quite good at it too.

Or just making out on the couch like a pair of teenagers.

A trip to the festival was a good chance for a family picture and as Rajita was there they asked her to join them.

Just one big happy family, for the moment anyway.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: Around The Worlds ~ The Amin 4x4 Generation 15 Part 2
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2015, 04:27:06 AM »
Rajita was at the festival with some of the rest of the Spann household, Lynae decided to be brave and finally said hello to Stefan, once she actually talked to him it turned out he was nowhere near as scary as he first appeared.

In fact he was quite cuddly.

But Stefan's boldness prompted a reaction that Lynae just wasn't prepared for.

Why she was apologising she had no real idea, after all Stefan was the one flirting, and in any case what business was it of her great grandmothers, didn't she have a new boyfriend already in Bubba Clark.

But maybe their relationship wasn't that solid else why would Bubba keep giving Lynae flowers every time he saw her.

After braving it with Stefan and finding out he was a softie really Lynae decided she could maybe brave asking Stein for a promotion, turned out he was a softie too.

Most of her time outside work was spent at her piano now but a phone call asking her out on a date was enough to draw her away from it for a bit.

She didn't know what her great grandmothers issue was but at this moment Lynae didn't really care what Rajita thought, she wasn't here and Stefan was.

And Lynae knew exactly what she wanted.

But not just a fling, she wanted more than that.

Her musical career had gone from strength to strength, as an artist Rajita idolised her work.

But as her great grandaughter she was furious with her for seeing Stefan, and Lynae was just as furious at Rajita for always sticking her nose in where it didn't belong.

But maybe Rajita had more reason than Lynae realised.

If only her grandmother had still been around, or if only her father had known so he could have warned her, perhaps then Lynae would not have got involved with the very man who had caused a rift in her great grandparents marriage, the same man that Rajita despite her long term relationships had never let go.

If he thought she was going to let him near her now Stefan was very much mistaken.

But he didn't want to let her go that easily, although apologies over the phone just weren't going to cut it, he'd have to try harder than that to win her back.

If only her love life could have been as straightforward as her parents, still blissfully happy after all these years.

A concert at the park ended in yet another bust up for this bizarre love triangle.

Even Stein was getting fed up with his brothers behaviour now, feeling the need to apologise for him.

But it wasn't his apologies she wanted, it wasn't even Stefan's, what she really wanted was for Rajita to stop trying to hold on to something that she should have ended a long time ago.

With nothing holding him back anymore Stefan decided to try again, and this time he didn't grovel on the telephone, he didn't just pounce on her like in the past, he started with a small but very sweet gesture that Lynae happily accepted.

And Lynae had a couple of her own too, a potent cure and a fountain of youth.

Slowly they rebuilt the trust between them until one day Lynae felt ready to finally put the past behind her and look to the future.

Joren soon had somebody else to speak nonsense to, who knows maybe this little one will understand it.

For years Stefan had been the other man hiding in the shadows while Rajita lived her life as she wished, now at last he was free to have a life and family of his own and whether she liked it or not Soren was her family too, hopefully she would love him regardless of any ill will towards his father.

Generation 15 - Lynae Amin
Traits: Excitable, Virtuoso, ambitious, over emotional, disciplined
Lifetime Wish: Rock Star
Unique Maxed Career:
Music - Rock Branch
Two Unique Best Friends: David Spann, Stella Scarborough
Three Unique Skill Challenges: Master Guitarist, Money Maker (Guitar), Master Pianist
Four Black Ops: Filing the Application, Cat Herding to Music, Keep It Up, Piano for Profits

Spouse - Stefan Svard
Good Sense of Humour, Virtuoso, Charismatic, Easily Impressed, Friendly

So yes Stefan was my memory lapse, for some reason I had it in my head Johan must have been Rajita's affair because of them getting together after their partners died, then of course her reaction made me realise my mistake, I moved him in thinking I'd have to get him to call it off but she had dropped him already, I guess she felt rather betrayed but I consider Rajita to be the cheater not Stefan, cheating on three different partners just to carry on her affair with him.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2015, 07:01:59 AM »
I'd have thought Stein would be the one she'd fall for, but Stefan is just as cute. And came with more drama, lol.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2015, 08:31:49 AM »
I didn't mind which brother she picked, I wasn't 100% sure what they looked like as they became werewolves so early on, then after she'd already decided she wanted Stefan I saw Stein in his normal human form and thought curse you Lynae, but Stefan was okay too thankfully.

If I'm honest I was kind of rooting for Bubba but Rajita stole him too, that woman is so greedy with men  :P

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2015, 01:42:58 PM »
If I'm honest I was kind of rooting for Bubba but Rajita stole him too, that woman is so greedy with men  :P

Oh wow.

At least it seems like a good choice was made regardless.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: Around The Worlds ~ The Amin 4x4 Generation 16 Part 1
« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2015, 05:01:47 AM »
If Lynae had liked Bubba I might have stole him away from Rajita instead I stole Stefan cos she liked him instead  ;D

Final generation coming up!

Generation 16 - Soren

Soren's mind was full of thoughts, his food forgotten while he contemplated his surroundings.

And all the things his grandfather taught him just added to them.

His mothers soothing words entered his ears and the smells that entered his nose filled him full of thoughts too.

As he grew he started thinking more about the world around him and what he could do to be more eco friendly, like trying to persuade his mother to only buy organic vegetables.

His grandmother taught him many things too.

He considered himself to be a very lucky boy to have such a loving family.

He was sad when his grandmother died.

And then his grandfather as well.

But despite his sadness he made himself go to prom as he knew they would have wanted him to.

Teenage years should really be the time you get embarassed by your parents but for Soren it turned out to be young adulthood.

Surely the upstairs bathroom would be safer.

Like the pieces on his chess board Soren's life just wasn't moving, he needed to get himself a job, something where he could put his perceptive genius to good use.

Soren Amin, Private Investigator had quite a nice ring to it.

Conducting stakeouts.

Breaking into peoples' houses.

Dusting for prints.

Yes he could see himself doing that easily so he applied for the job and to great success.

It wasn't enough though, he needed to do more and tutoring seemed like a good use of his intellect, the local teenage girls certainly didn't seem to mind a bit of extra homework help.

For quite some time there had been a rift in his family, he held no grudges though after all the events happened before he was born, and it seemed in her old age his great great grandmother had finally gotten over hers.

His tutoring lesson over Soren was as ready for a new challenge as his pupil was for her dinner.

So it was off to China for a tournament.

But not for martial arts, this tournament was a battle of the mind not body.

After days of playing chess matches against various opponents he finally won the rank of Grand Master. So what next, music maybe?

The generations had come and gone for the Amin family but one thing had remained a constant for many years, Lynae just wished she knew Abi's secret perhaps then she could have halted her own old age.

Stefan was still young, for now anyway. By the time they returned home Soren had not only mastered the chess tournament but also the drums.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: Around The Worlds ~ The Amin 4x4 Generation 16 Part 2 (Complete)
« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2015, 05:05:56 AM »
There was only two things left for him to do now, a couple more hours of tutoring and maxing his career.

A celebration was held in his honour at City Hall, for Soren it was also a celebration of having finished his requirements and his part of the dynasty.

But there was one slight snag, his ancestors had always been very prepared people, that was until they moved to Aurora Skies where quite frankly they had slacked off a bit so the family was a little short on funds for the last building upgrades. His mother had spent much of her life outside of music breaking space rocks, Aiya and Shannon had done the same so they had a cabinet full of uncut stones that Soren spent a day cutting for the money.

As he ran around town picking up anything and everything he could find worth selling he cursed the lack of foresight of his family, would he have to wait days to get the funds together or would he just manage it. Perhaps his mother might get lucky with a few more tiberium he could cut.

As it turned out it was his lucky day as Lynae did find that tiberium in a spacerock, after giving it a chance to grow they finally had the funds to do their last upgrade, so now the last two Amin heirs could finally declare this dynasty a success.

Generation 16 - Soren Amin
Traits: Couch Potato, Genius, Eco - friendly, Lucky, Perceptive
Lifetime Wish: Chess Legend
Unique Maxed Career: Private Investigator
Two Unique Best Friends: Kaitlin Floyd, Doreen Davidson
Three Unique Skill Challenges: Grand Master, Teacher Extraordinaire, Master Drummer
Four Black Ops: The Mystery of the Naked Ring Finger, The Case of the Crush, The Bad Call, Ballot Buffoonery

Family Museum Total = 17, 525

Collection 1 - Skill Certificates - Drums 600, Logic 1000, Martial Arts 1000, Writing 600 = 3200
Collection 2 - Books - 641, 518, 80, 81 = 1320
Collection 3 - Beetles - 3 Rainbow at 1050 each, Assassin 600 = 3750

Collection 4 - Career Rewards - Actor Trailer 3000, Yomoshoto Evasion 5880, Case Board 75, Frosted Door 300 = 9255

Career Rewards - Spooky Trophy, Ghost Hunters Ribbon, Paranormal Momento, Ghost Hunters Key

Tombstones - Aiya Amin, Shannon Amin, Aaren Amin, Joren Amin (plus spouses)

The Amin Family Graveyard.

Finished Week 89 Day 2

Total Museum Value = 337, 578

So yes I sort of dropped the ball here, in all the other towns I was quite focused on the end goal of owning it all and the museum value but this time I left it rather late and didn't really work on getting the funds together, then it was a mad scramble to pull together a collection as can be seen by the paltry 17,525 that just barely scrapped past the minimum.

I think this is the first Dynasty where I have planned out every generation as far as careers and skills go, I always knew the last one would be a Private Investigator because it saved on opportunity hassles after so many generations, as for Soren's name I had a list of possible names on a scrap of paper and was having trouble deciding, my boyfriend said 'use that one' so I did then only later thought it sounded a little too much like Joren, but the deed was done and I wasn't going to change it.

And he taught me something I didn't know, body hair gets inherited! It isn't something I tend to use unless a sim comes already hairy like Stefan, I had no idea that happened but I actually found it suited Soren, so did a beard.

Well that's about it for the Amin dynasty so farewell from Aurora Skies and thanks for reading!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
Re: Around The Worlds ~ The Amin 4x4 (Complete)
« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2015, 05:35:56 AM »
Congratulations on another complete challenge! Hope you have another one coming in the future.

I adore that first screenshot of Soren, cute beyond words!

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2015, 06:06:12 AM »
Thank you Nettlejuice  :D

I still have two dynasties I've not done yet, both tried and failed in the past, I might try again one day, currently messing about with a Zombie Aftermath challenge I found at MTS, just fancied something short and fun for a change.

Zombie Aftermath

I've tweaked those rules a little, using some suggestions further on in that thread, and I found a really neat custom world for it too called Roseward, only just started but it should be quite fun.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2015, 10:12:40 AM »
Sounds fun, best of luck with it  ;)

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #81 on: February 05, 2015, 12:06:46 PM »
And he taught me something I didn't know, body hair gets inherited!

It took me until my 4x4 to learn that too. Weird.

Congrats on finishing! I'm moving this to the Completed Dynasties board. :)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2015, 02:41:08 AM »
Congrats, Turoskel!

I really like your family graveyard too, by the way. That's just gorgeous!

(My 4x4 tombstones just hung out in the family inventory until world 4.)

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2015, 05:32:01 AM »
Aww thank you Shirin, I wanted to do something tree like but it took me ages to get it looking good, I'm hopeless at doing anything intricate with the terrain paints, there was much erasing and starting over before I finally got what I had envisioned.

I built them a basement underneath with a tea set, television, games console, dart board and rocking chairs, they were very happy ghosts  ;D

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2015, 09:47:39 AM »
A basement is such a good idea! I'm always spoiling the look of my cemeteries with rockers, hot tubs, and so forth. Very smart of you.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #85 on: February 14, 2015, 03:10:17 AM »
For the first time ever I've hit my bandwidth limit at photobucket, and one day before it resets too  ::)

Pictures should all be back tomorrow hopefully.

anything