Author Topic: Ghost bug?  (Read 2040 times)

Offline rokrchik

• Townie
Ghost bug?
« on: March 23, 2015, 09:06:27 PM »
Hello!

I looked through the forums for an answer and didn't see a solution to this. I'm working on an Immortal Dynasty, my founder had the Landgraabs move in. They have all since passed on now. After letting their ghosts wander the house and break every bathroom and kitchen item possible, I released the spirits to the Netherworld. Unfortunately, Malcolm's spirit didn't seem to "release" and he is in the house full-time now. In fact, when I first found him, he was trapped in the museum which has no doors since I don't want any sims going in there to eat the food from the founders items. Despite being a ghost, he stayed trapped in this room for several sim days. He eventually freed himself and now I cannot get rid of him. Releasing his spirit is no longer an option. I've had the entire family reestablish friendships with him, but the "invite ghost to move in" option is not showing itself. I moved his grave, put it in inventory and eventually destroyed it. Still, Malcolm will not go away. Since I cannot control him, not sure if cooking up some Ambrosia and hoping he eats it is wise. Gah! Any advice? Appreciate it!

Kerry

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Ghost bug?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 01:38:06 AM »
Hi Rokrchik,

This indeed may be a bug. However, I'm not finding anything on it. So it may be worth reporting it to the Official Answers.ea.com forum using the link below. To see if they can be of any help.

Answer HQ > The Sims > The Sims 4 Bug Reports
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline rokrchik

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 01:56:25 AM »
Hi Rokrchik,

This indeed may be a bug. However, I'm not finding anything on it. So it may be worth reporting it to the Official Answers.ea.com forum using the link below. To see if they can be of any help.

Answer HQ > The Sims > The Sims 4 Bug Reports
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn

Thanks! I will give that shot. Appreciate it!

Offline rokrchik

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 07:45:36 PM »
Just to close this out - I fixed this with "testingcheats on" and adding Malcolm to family. Now I can at least control him.

Kerry

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 04:21:15 PM »
I also moved the Landgraabs in.  Geoffrey was the first to pass on and I immediately moved his tombstone to Willow Park.  When it became Nancy's turn, I just sent her, alive, to the park and we all waited there for Grim to do his job.  It took awhile but eventually she died after having used naps, grills, etc. for two days.  Malcolm is a royal pain in the nether regions with his evil ways but I keep him busy gardening, (snickers), and am planning on another boring visit to the park when he passes on.  The best way, in my humble opinion, to deal with ghosts is to not have them to begin with.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery