Author Topic: Managing Worlds  (Read 5061 times)

Offline wkoziol

• Llama Wrangler
Managing Worlds
« on: April 01, 2015, 06:19:48 AM »
Have you ever left the "Managing World" and the computer just hangs at the loading screen and the only way to close it is by going to the desktop and doing a force close.  So far after the last patch it has happen to me a few times.  If you know a fix I'm all ears and I'm still trying to figure out how it happens  but if you found out what the cause of it I'd would also love to hear it as well and see if I can replicate your findings on my end to see if it does it.  Thanks all.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Re: Managing Worlds
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 06:51:30 AM »
I've had this happen also, when leaving the Manage Worlds screen or just traveling to another lot. It will sometimes hang on the loading screen. But I haven't seen any kind of pattern to it. When it hangs I have to use crtl-alt-del to bring up the task manager and force close The Sims 4 and when I go back into the game and try to travel to the same place again it will work fine.
But for me it's not related to the patch sense it was happening to me before the patch.
I just make sure to save the game before doing anything that opens the loading screen. Like manage worlds, travel or going into CaS.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wkoziol

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 12:01:17 PM »
I've had this happen also, when leaving the Manage Worlds screen or just traveling to another lot. It will sometimes hang on the loading screen. But I haven't seen any kind of pattern to it. When it hangs I have to use crtl-alt-del to bring up the task manager and force close The Sims 4 and when I go back into the game and try to travel to the same place again it will work fine.
But for me it's not related to the patch sense it was happening to me before the patch.
I just make sure to save the game before doing anything that opens the loading screen. Like manage worlds, travel or going into CaS.

With me it just started doing it right after the patch and it's still doing it to me.  Hmm.........I was just thinking, out of curiosity how much hard drive storage space do you have left?  The reason I'm asking is that I don't remember having it cause I think I still had over 500gbs available to me.  I know this may sound strange but when it comes to computer games on PCs I've seen a lot of weird stuff.  So I'm wonder if this could be one of them.  I'm going to back up some stuff and then move even more stuff to another internal hard drive that I have to see that fixes the problem.  Right now I currently have roughly 322gb from one of two 2tb drives.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 12:57:06 PM »
Hi Wkoziol,

I'm trying to do some searching on the problem and not sure if I'm coming up with very much. But will offer what I have found.

Here are 2 links that I found that may be of help.

Game hangs on loading
http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/game-hangs-on-loading/

Sims 4 Stuck on Loading Screen
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Sims-4-Stuck-on-Loading-Screen/td-p/3541171

In short it sounds like what may help is to put Origin in offline mode. And try a factory reset.

To Play Offline =
In the Origin Client, go to the Origin Menu and select Go Offline.

Sims 4 Factory Reset - How-To
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,21899.msg401669.html#msg401669

Hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *