Author Topic: Frozen inspecting time portal?  (Read 4473 times)

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
Frozen inspecting time portal?
« on: April 24, 2015, 03:34:56 PM »
I'm trying to get my sims to travel to the future however when I send one to go inspect the portal the interaction just gets stuck and they'll just inspect it continuously for hours, I've tried replacing the time portal, using a different sim, and a different file none of those have fixed the problem. I've checked the sims 3 website thing, but I haven't found a solution has anyone else had this problem and maybe knows how to fix it?
Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Frozen inspecting time portal?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 04:12:22 PM »
Hi Wawa,

I really haven't played much of Into The Future, but have you tried testing this in a new game? - Create a new game, with a new Sim in a different town just to test the portal out to see if it's glitched as well.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 07:33:53 PM »
Yeah I've tried a few different towns too, it didn't work.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 10:19:46 PM »
Hmm.. Okay, by any chance have you tried clearing the game cache and Origin cache files and/or Factory Reset?  - The howto links are below, if you need them. :)

Edited to Add:

Hubby did a test-play to see if we could troubleshoot that way as well.

It takes about 2 in-game hours for it to show up. Click on it to inspect it. Emit should appear to talk to your Sim. Then he gives you an opportunity to collect power cells. You'll need to collect 5 of them and return them to Emmit. He'll repair the time portal and from there you can go to Oasis Landing.

If Emmit isn't appearing, try a factory reset and try it again.

Delete the Cache Files
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,20732.msg401809.html#msg401809

Delete Origin Cache Files
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,21899.msg401663.html#msg401663

Sims 3 Factory Reset (HowTo)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,20732.msg401814.html#msg401814

MrsFlynn
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 10:22:35 AM »
Thanks MrsFlynn, I'll try deleting the Cache files first and then if that doesn't work I'll try factory reset. Factory reset won't delete my saved games will it?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 02:43:24 PM »
No, not if you move your Sims 3 folder to the desktop or some place safe and rename it. (This will help make sure game saves, options and things like that are safe) - I copied the text from the Factory Reset link. Just in case you want to have a read. I do this quite a lot with my games, just cause I like things to run smoothly.

MrsFlynn

==========
Factory Reset

[This is different from a total-game reinstall - This just sets the game back to factory default.]

Move your Sims 3 folder to the desktop or some where safe, and rename it something like Sims 3 Current. Click the Sims 3 icon to create a new Sims 3 folder.

Go To: ----> My Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3

If you want to continue to play your previous game-saves, go into the Sims3 folder that you backed up and copy over your game saves, files and such over to the new game to see if that helps.

anything