Author Topic: Male Pregnancy  (Read 10312 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Male Pregnancy
« on: May 02, 2015, 04:29:12 AM »
Since the last patch (04/13/2015) I have been unable to get my male sims pregnant through abduction or try for baby with an alien female. Has anyone else had this problem or have you been able to have a male pregnancy?
I have tried a lot to get this to happen and have basically decided that EA have inadvertently made male pregnancy impossible. Would love to hear this is not the case!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
Re: Male Pregnancy
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 09:45:58 AM »
I still get pregnancy after abduction, just the chance is lowered. My sim only got pregnant after third abduction. As for woman alien to male sim, I never had that kind of family so i cannot help you with that.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 12:29:17 PM »
@Playalot, I've experienced the same problems as you--abductions only rarely and no male pregnancies at all (from abductions or woohoo with female aliens/townies).
I didn't even understand why the change occurred until you mentioned it in a post in your dynasty thread.
The topic's being dicussed a lot on other sims 4 sites. For example: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/829019/what-about-us-alien-lovers-want-male-pregnancy-back

In my dynasty file, the male founder and J Huntington III got pregnant pre-patch.  The founder's been abducted several times since but without becoming pregnant.
I'm in denial about letting J Huntington's alien son (name's Jayden) go, so I've been ramping up the chances of him getting abducted (2x) but he doesn't return pregnant.
He's been romancing 3 female aliens, resulting in five pregnancies without him getting pregnant.
I'm so disappointed and feel the "ratio" of male pregnancy has been dropped impossibly low.
For awhile, I've been trying to get Jayden to procreate an alien daughter, which I'd hoped to use as a pollinator. But I realized that plan won't work now (because the close-to-zero chance of male pregnancy).

I found the random abductions and male pregnancy quite hilarious, and wish EA would give users an on/off option for abductions/male pregnancies. 
In an interview with Kotaku, a SimGuru suggests that male pregnancy has been "patched out": http://kotaku.com/the-sims-bug-makes-men-pregnant-1701332708

Oops, this post turned into a rant instead of an answer to Playalot's question.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 03:37:06 PM »
Thanks for your replies. @oshizu , those links were great! At least other players are talking about it. I so want the ratio of possibility changed. After all, if, as a player you are actively trying for a male pregnancy, then it should be possible. I've had a male sim abducted over 100 times and still nothing! It's such a bummer.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 03:46:59 PM »
Wow, over 100 abductions?!  The extent of my frustrated efforts pales in comparison!
EA responded to the alien haters with a patch; 'twould be nice if they would next respond to the alien fans with a revised patch.
I'm sad about this, too.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 09:09:08 PM »
I guess I am the lucky one who can get my sim pregnant from abduction after only 3 abduction. However I agree the rate is fairly low, and currently the only way to raise chance of being abducted is by using satellite dish (which only available to sims in scientist career). I'd rather have abdcution more often but include option to CANCEL the interaction to check the lights for those who don't like aliens or already have one alien baby and wish to avoid male pregnancy.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 09:42:04 PM »
Well, my male sim just got pregnant on his first abduction -- this was after the patch. Before the patch, I didn't have any abductions at all. And he didn't have a satellite dish nor was he in the science career. However, he did have an alien brother-in-law and was having a date with a female alien on his lot at the time.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 10:56:26 PM »
MarianT, I hope you are talking about Peter so we can read about it later.
Oooh, green with envy!!!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2015, 11:44:15 PM »
@dodi90 , The sim I've been trying to get abducted and pregnant is my dynasty founder who has ALL the science career stuff etc etc. and is max level 10 +5 in the science career. I saved him into another file so it's not the 'being abducted' that's a problem...it's the resulting 'no pregnancies'. Before the patch he was abducted 3 times and each time had a resulting pregnancy. After the patch there is just no getting pregnant from abduction at all.

There are multiple ways of raising the odds of abduction, having a satellite, rocket, and a worm hole generator on your lot, contacting aliens using the science reward computer, visiting Sixam and having conversations with aliens and having aliens as friends, being in either the science or doctor active career. All these activities have been listed by gurus as ways to increase the likelihood of abductions. Like I said, its not the abductions I'm having trouble with!

Reading through those links that oshizu posted above, it looks like many sim fans are having the same problem as me. Cold comfort really.  :(

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2015, 11:46:18 PM »
@MarianT , had you cleaned out your cache files after the patch and before your sim got abducted and had a resulting pregnancy? Just wondering as sometimes if you update and don't clean out the cache files 'old' before-the-patch behaviours happen.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2015, 12:13:48 AM »
Yeah but I stand by my opinion that all abduction should just result in more chance in male pregnancy. But I want the interaction to investigate the weird light could be cancelled in case you don't want to be abducted and get pregnant. This should be the best compromise between alien lover and single household lover (like me).

Also I thought you only have the unlucky odds of getting pregnant by abductions since my sim get pregnant after third abduction. Unless we have the current pregnancy rate, we will never now for sure whether it is glitch or just pure bad roll chance on your game.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2015, 01:09:31 AM »
I agree about the cancelling the 'investigate strange light' interaction. It would indeed give players more options. I haven't just tested this in one game file! lol. I wish that were the case! I actually have over five game files that I rotate through all actively using abduction etc etc. Still, it's good to know that some simmers are still getting male pregnancy occurring after abductions. Seems the more I read/search on the net, the more I find that most players aren't so lucky.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2015, 02:08:51 AM »
I'd been wondering what happens if a pure alien male gets abducted.  Until today, I'd assumed that nothing happened.
But.....
Jayden, son of Senior Pollinator Technician #3 and J Huntington III (my current dynasty's first pollinator) got abducted the sim night before.
This sim morning, he got the belly sparkles, a thought bubble with a baby rattle, and said "Nooboo?"

Even though female aliens getting male sims pregnant have apparently been patched out, I can't decide whether to try for a son or daughter.
'Twould be funny if J and all his descendants got abducted and had a son.  I think I need to make a copy of my dynasty file to play separately, lol. 

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2015, 02:48:54 AM »
Arghh... *dies of envy* my male alien got abducted but still no belly sparkles/pregnancy.  :(

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2015, 03:18:17 AM »
You mean Blaize on that double abduction night?

anything