Author Topic: Hobos to Heroes: Rotation Transformation  (Read 41519 times)

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
Re: Hobos to Heroes: Rotation Transformation
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2015, 01:07:21 PM »
If I may say, I much prefer a money cheat to bring funds to $0 right from the start. I think it is more simple than having to put those rooms in.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2015, 01:30:52 PM »
One question I wanted clarified -- can you control all 3 sims until midnight of the first day?

Well, for consistency I'd say right out of the gate you can only control one Sim at a time.

Also, while waiting for them to get ravenous, my sims started getting skill points in video games autonomously. Do we have to add 30 points to those, or is it negligible enough -- and probably common enough -- that it's not a problem.

Well, it's 30 total skill points, so that autonomous skilling initially will only help everyone. "I'm starving! Feed me!!! Wait..one more Angry Birds game..."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2015, 01:37:04 PM »
@ClayMask - the answer is yes to your last post. ;)

EDIT:

Guys - you are NOT starting at scratch when you achieve the Ravenous state and are enemies. Think about it...you do a few whims here and there, skill bit. We all know this, right? Those five requirements everyone has to achieve - I did not say in the rules you are starting from scratch with them when you have the green light. The goal is simply to finish them. Period.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2015, 01:40:31 PM »
*Sigh* No start from $0 then? We do have to get all these ghastly rooms on the lot?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2015, 01:42:14 PM »
*Sigh* No start from $0 then? We do have to get all these ghastly rooms on the lot?

Well, twist my arm. ;) I am a softie. That's a rule that we could change at the last minute and would have no impact really on players' test files.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2015, 01:47:37 PM »
Well, twist my arm. ;) I am a softie. That's a rule that we could change at the last minute and would have no impact really on players' test files.

Ah! You do give me hope, sir. But I'd like to know what the rules are before I test anything, thank you very much. So, I'm now hoping it won't be a last minute change.
I'm dying to have a go at this challenge.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2015, 01:50:52 PM »
So, are you suggesting after entering Live Mode and going hardcore and plopping them on the lot with absolutely nothing and also bringing their funds to $0?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2015, 01:52:30 PM »
Sorry if I revealed too much in my last question.  I have a couple other questions.  I don't really understand how the rotation between the Sims work.  Do we rotate between all of them in a set order throughout the challenge?  Like Sim 1, Sim 2, Sim 3, and then back to 1 again, or is the rotation more flexible?

Also, if the active Sim wants to travel, do all three need to travel?

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2015, 01:55:36 PM »
So, are you suggesting after entering Live Mode and going hardcore and plopping them on the lot with absolutely nothing and also bringing their funds to $0?

Yes. I think that would be great.

Edit: They are hobos, right?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2015, 01:56:31 PM »
Sorry if I revealed too much in my last question.  I have a couple other questions.  I don't really understand how the rotation between the Sims work.  Do we rotate between all of them in a set order throughout the challenge?  Like Sim 1, Sim 2, Sim 3, and then back to 1 again, or is the rotation more flexible?

I think it can be flexible - the main thing is you cannot play one Sim for more than a day.

Also, if the active Sim wants to travel, do all three need to travel?

Traveling might mess up things because of the whole rational feel. I wonder if we should just ban it for simplicity?

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2015, 02:14:21 PM »
Traveling might mess up things because of the whole rational feel.

I'm not sure what you mean by the 'rational feel'?

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2015, 02:18:49 PM »
I'm not sure what you mean by the 'rational feel'?
I think he meant to type rotational feel.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2015, 02:36:54 PM »
Using cheat and start with $0 funds makes the rules simple, although definitely make it harder than the current ruleset with the rooms.

As for traveling, you can ban or keep.  If you are keeping traveling, I suggest to put a rule down that all 3 sims must travel at the same time - while one active sim go does his stuff, the other 2 sims must be left there on their own.  You cannot leave the 2 sims behind on home lot, as you can exploit that for fulfilling needs.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2015, 02:46:31 PM »
I'm with Nutella -- when they travel, either to another lot or to Granite Falls, they have to go together. And I'd say they have to stay on the home lot until they're ravenous and enemies. I'm fine with starting at 0 funds -- as Tixxis says, they are hobos.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2015, 02:54:52 PM »
I'm not sure if my opinion is something you're interested in, but I decided to give it anyway.  To me, setting the money to zero seems more in the theme of the challenge than having the rooms.  I also like the idea that they should all travel together, but don't like the idea of travel being banned, especially if they start with no funds.  If they own nothing but an empty lot, it seems like they'd be wanting to make use of other lots where they can.