Author Topic: Hobos to Heroes: Rotation Transformation  (Read 41531 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: Hobos to Heroes: Rotation Transformation
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2015, 02:11:53 PM »
How about Sim deaths.. do all three need to stay alive until the end of the challenge.. or can you continue on with the survivors is say one is too stupid to eat or dies of embarrassment, LOL
@rubywyld
If that happens, you will be disqualified, sorry.

This challenge is not live yet, rules can still change, so keep tabs on this thread.

Offline agamble

• Nooboo
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2015, 12:10:00 PM »
How do you know when you've completed 300 whims?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2015, 12:18:44 PM »
Click on the Simology icon (second from the right, where the sim's traits are shown). At the far right of that section is a bar graph icon for the sim's stats. # of whims completed is shown if you scroll down a bit. Also, you'll get the Achievement "Whimsical" when you complete 100 whims across all sims, which will at least let you know you're 1/3 of the way done.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline agamble

• Nooboo
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2015, 04:19:40 PM »
Thanks. I knew about the aspiration for 100 whims, but I didn't know about the stats showing whims. Not sure if I'm going to do this challenge. It's not really my kind of thing.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2015, 01:59:59 PM »
Do the starting 3 have to remain enemies though the entire challenge?
And if not if sim A and sim B become good friends does that count as 1 good friend or do they have to be sims from outside of the household?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2015, 02:42:03 PM »
I'm afraid I can't answer those questions, I am not sure myself (I didn't create this challenge).  We can wait for Metropolis man to come back from vacation tomorrow, or @MarianT (creator) can give us some input?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2015, 02:47:38 PM »
Do the starting 3 have to remain enemies though the entire challenge?
And if not if sim A and sim B become good friends does that count as 1 good friend or do they have to be sims from outside of the household?

I hopped on the father-in-laws laptop in sunny Florida to say hi to everyone. :) Enemy status is just the initial prerequisite - once you have the green light their status is up to you.

We're leaving to come home tomorrow - talk to you guys soon.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MischaMusic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2015, 07:57:59 PM »
It's not clear to me whether or not you are supposed to build on the lot before the ravenous/enemies requirement is met. I missed the first rule set where it appears there was a mention of rooms that has now been deleted. In the current rules, I don't see any mention of building or purchasing anything for the Sims needs initially. Can you place the satellite on the ground? I guess I've never tried that.
"'Ah, music,' he said, wiping his eyes. 'A magic beyond all we do here!'' -J.K. Rowling (via Dumbledore)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2015, 08:28:04 PM »
Yes, the satellite can be placed on the ground. And that is the only building or placement of furniture allowed at the beginning.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2015, 07:04:30 AM »
I clarified the following:

• This challenge ends when your household has achieved the 5 required goals listed below. All 3 Sims must be alive when you note your ending time. If one of your Sims dies before you have completed the 5 requirements, then post in this thread that you are DNF.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2015, 04:26:48 PM »
A new rule has been added...

• No caking up Sims - if your Sims age up it has to be done naturally by the game - otherwise, the formulas in the spreadsheet will be messed up.

...and speaking of the spreadsheet - it's done :). A million thanks to Lena for doing that. It's now linked in the ruleset. Please do a test and check to see if things work correctly and PM Lena directly if there are concerns.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2015, 04:37:54 PM »
I just tried the spreadsheet -- it worked fine for me. I got the same result as I did calculating by hand. Thanks, Lena!

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #87 on: June 06, 2015, 05:10:59 PM »
I just tried the spreadsheet -- it worked fine for me. I got the same result as I did calculating by hand. Thanks, Lena!

I am happy to hear that! :D

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #88 on: June 06, 2015, 07:07:29 PM »
What a cool challenge!  Who knows, I may be tired of Witcher 3 in time to get it done.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2015, 02:25:41 PM »
The following rule has been expanded a bit. The team is allowing a "three strikes and you're out" policy on possible Sim death during the set up phase — which admittedly is quite harsh and could result in death...

• This challenge ends when your household has achieved the 5 required goals listed below. Once you have established the Ravenous/Enemy initial conditions all 3 Sims must remain alive for the duration. The team is allowing a "three strikes and you're out" policy until that point is achieved — you're allowed two deaths and free do-overs during the initial set up phase. A 3rd death during initial phase or any death occurring after the initial phase and before you have completed the 5 requirements results in you posting a DNF.