Author Topic: Hobos to Heroes: Rotation Transformation  (Read 41522 times)

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
Re: Hobos to Heroes: Rotation Transformation
« Reply #150 on: July 09, 2015, 11:57:19 AM »
Tixxis how much skill does this give you?
When Mulligan 'read something' she mostly read a skill book. This was always the last action whether at home or away. Learning is near instant and the actual action can be cut short by initiating travel.

Very little. But the skill bar shows the skill and states 'level 1'.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #151 on: July 09, 2015, 01:56:51 PM »
I didn't know that "very embarrassed" and "very angry" could enable you to use the dig sites.

I sent my sims to the Landgraabs, ClayMask. I had the active sim take 5 selfies and then sell them so she could make a party-size garden salad and call everyone to the meal. One thing I learned -- sims really would rather play computer games than do anything else.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #152 on: July 09, 2015, 04:49:23 PM »
I sent my sim to the Calientes, but only because Katrina would spawn out front with my sims. I had my sim run through the first two stages of Public Enemy to get enough points for a moodlet solver. I took advantage of the 24 time limit until starvation; my sim worked on Soulmate and funded herself with date rewards and large loans.

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #153 on: July 09, 2015, 10:05:21 PM »
Great strategy with the selfies; that's a new one to me! Also good thought about visiting Landgraabs or Calientes.  I didn't think I was allowed to Masha nap until she and her sisters were ravenous, so when that happened, she and her sisters hit the gym for showers (Olga and Irina showered autonomously, :))  Then it was Irina's day, so everyone went to the park and I directed Irina to nap until a kind stranger grilled some hot dogs. Amazingly enough, Olga and Masha autonomously showed up to eat. :)

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #154 on: July 10, 2015, 01:43:30 AM »
I took advantage of the 24 time limit until starvation; my sim worked on Soulmate and funded herself with date rewards and large loans.
@officialghosts Are you saying you worked on soulmate before your Sims starved?

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #155 on: July 10, 2015, 05:12:24 AM »
I didn't think I was allowed to Masha nap until she and her sisters were ravenous
I wasn't sure either, but in some tests they would nap autonomously and I could imagine the advantage.
In the end, I asked the Challenge Team whether it was allowed. Best thing I did ever.

@officialghosts
I felt rotten for you when you realized your mistake. I was looking forward to your score at the time, because we ended so close in the last challenge.
When you're not sure about something - big or small - it's better to ask the team.
Personally, I feel quite nervous whenever I have to PM them, but so far, they haven't bitten me.  ;D

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #156 on: July 10, 2015, 10:38:21 AM »
@ClayMask Before my sims starved? Yes. Before they were ravenous? No. Is this what you were asking? After obtaining a moodlet solver I used it on my one sim and had her work on Soulmate while the other two stood around, playing on their phones and passing out. I sold all her date rewards as I went along and bought a fridge, which they took quick meals from. (My sim DID work on cooking for whims, but that didn't come until later.)

@Tixxis I have to admit, it was a little disheartening, especially because like I said, this was the first challenge I really practiced for. I ran through multiple practice files and spent almost a week working on it, and was actually going to turn in my score (which was in the mid 5000s, though it probably would've been a little higher if I had played by the rules  ::)) when I realized my mistake. I feel like the rule on playing a sim multiple days in a row wasn't too clear, but the information was there if I had read a little closer, so I'm not bitter about it. Besides, it could be worse- I'd feel a lot worse if I messed up on the 6 week store challenge as opposed to this one, which was less than a week.

My real problem was with the becoming ravenous portion- I don't feel there was enough intense strategy possible during that time to justify not having at least some base guidelines and instead making every question one for the mods. (Some of what you did would qualify for PM only questions, but I feel like a "yes, you can nap" wouldn't have.)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #157 on: July 10, 2015, 10:45:52 AM »
Yeah, my apologies to anyone a bit confused on what was to be done during the set up phase. For my own effort I quickly got all 3 Sims to enemy status. It took no time at all. And then it was just a question of waiting for them to be ravenous and seeing that moodlet. They did not do anything. Nada. Zilch. I thought this was kind of understood, but I guess not. Again, I am sorry if there was confusion.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #158 on: July 10, 2015, 11:42:06 AM »
@Tixxis (Some of what you did would qualify for PM only questions, but I feel like a "yes, you can nap" wouldn't have.)

I totally appreciate your point of view, but I do not agree.
In my defense, the thought of 'naps' came to me very late. Most participants had already posted scores.
I came back from a trip and had about 10 hours before deadline when I PM'd the team with this particular question.
BUT... I may still have PM'd about this question if I had thought about it earlier in the challenge, because it could be construed as strategy talk.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #159 on: July 10, 2015, 12:26:03 PM »
@Tixxis I would be inclined to agree if it weren't for the several people who have said that they just assumed they couldn't, and thus didn't.  A little difference can go a long way.

I'm not meaning to criticize you in any way, of course. I apologize if any of my posts have come off that way.  You played perfectly within the rules, and I always appreciate your willingness to ask questions and make clarifications. I just wish this challenge had a little less gray area in the beginning.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #160 on: July 10, 2015, 12:43:06 PM »
I just wish this challenge had a little less gray area in the beginning.

This is from June 20 right at the start of the event...

Correct. Once they're enemies/ravenous then use whatever trick in the book you want. But, until then you're basically locked to almost doing nothing. Switching aspirations is working towards goals because a player would be trying to gain more Satisfaction.

So...take my advice for what it is. 1) you get your Sims to be enemies. 2) you wait until they're ravenous and during that whole time you do absolutely nothing. Fast forward. At least that's how I meant it to be and that's how I played my own file.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #161 on: July 10, 2015, 12:58:02 PM »
I also played on fast forward, but I do have to say that being able to take a nap doesn't give that much of an advantage. And we do encourage people to ask questions if there's something they don't understand, and to PM us if they think a question might be related to strategy.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #162 on: July 10, 2015, 01:37:31 PM »
I guess in the future, I will just ask a lot more questions instead of assuming, and encourage others to do the same.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #163 on: July 10, 2015, 01:46:50 PM »
@officialghosts You'll do brilliantly in the next challenge. Big hug.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #164 on: July 10, 2015, 01:57:38 PM »
@officialghosts You'll do brilliantly in the next challenge. Big hug.

Here's hoping! :D *crosses fingers* I'll be extra careful reading the rules this time, that's for sure.

Hugs are always appreciated.  :)