Author Topic: Sims in a particular house can't consume anything.  (Read 2184 times)

Offline digitaldollies

• Nooboo
Sims in a particular house can't consume anything.
« on: May 29, 2015, 12:41:39 PM »
My sims in a particular house can't consume anything from cooking, inventory etc.

I apologize beforehand because this is going to be long, but I want to make sure I've covered everything and I've tried a lot of things.
Problem:
I built a new house and when I first moved the family in they were able to eat food from the fridge/ stove/ quick meals/ inventory and use the tea machine all with no problems. Then a guest came over and he kept going to the fridge but not eating, when I zoomed in the plates were just being "dropped" to the floor. The sims weren't able to interact at all, such as clean up, put away etc. Since then the family can't do anything thing that relates to consuming. They cook, brew tea, make herbal remedies but it drops out of queue once it's time to be used, it does the jump bug thing and occasionally the llama icon will show in queue. My sim was starving so I tried to use the phone and it kept of queue when I selected hire service. She has a lot of fruits and veg in inventory wasn't allowed to eat those either.

What I've done:
Repaired the game 2x, factory reset 2x, cleaned out any mods I only use 3, made sure I was using EA only items.

Changed out all appliances = didn't help
Checked other lots = all working fine with no problem
Moved Family into another lot = working just fine
Moved another family into same lot (uploaded to gallery) = not working
Took saved lot and removed all appliances and any debug items (ambient lighting) and tried again = not working

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
Re: Sims in a particular house can't consume anything.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 01:01:51 PM »
Well, we've all dealt with the fridge glitch, but this sounds like an entirely different problem. I have no advice for you, digitaldollies. It seems you've tried everything already. But I feel heartbroken for your starving Sims. Some clever minds on this forum will sort this out for you, I'm sure. In the meantime, welcome!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 02:01:12 PM »
Hi Digitaldollies,

Thank you for letting us know in detail what's going on and what you've tried to troubleshoot the problem. That was very helpful!!

It sounds like the house itself may be bugged. Try moving your household out - save them to your library. Place a new house. Move the household back in to see if that helps.

Hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline digitaldollies

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 02:22:58 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome :)
MrsFlynn, I've tested moving them into another lot and the problem goes away. But it sounds like you're saying just ditch the house altogether, I've kinda come to that conclusion too, but I built  it from scratch for this particular family, spent days on it. So it hurts, but I'd rather the sims not starve to death either. lol

One more thought occurred to me as I was writing this, I may try using the same house but unfurnished instead of furnished and see if that helps any. And come to think of it, this household has been bugged since the beginning, because I remember that conversation/interaction indicator at the top not going away, even when both sims were asleep and/or off the lot. I know I had some cheats active as well as debug items. Hmmmmm, going to test the unfurnished lot now, will report back with results.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 02:25:22 PM »
And come to think of it, this household has been bugged since the beginning, because I remember that conversation/interaction indicator at the top not going away, even when both sims were asleep and/or off the lot. I know I had some cheats active as well as debug items. Hmmmmm, going to test the unfurnished lot now, will report back with results.

I see that happen a lot in various games.  I don't think it's related to your fridge problem.  Exiting to the main menu and loading the game again fixes it.

Have you tried moving the household out of the current house and then back in from manage worlds?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 02:32:10 PM »
Great idea to test the house unfurnished. It is a known glitch/bug to have cheats active when not in use. I'm not sure if it's the same with the debug items.

So if you feel like doing some testing. Turn off the cheats if you're not using them anymore. Reset the family, move them into the unfurnished house to see if that helps?

And please do post results!! :)

MrsFlynn
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline digitaldollies

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 02:40:20 PM »
Claymask, yes I've tried moving them out and back in from managed worlds, both with existing lot and then with the same lot but from the gallery and it didn't fix it. I forgot to mention before that it also happens to guests as well. My sim kept cooking because she was hungry but no one could eat anything. However when I moved them into another lot altogether she went immediately to the fridge and started eating sugar cookies, which somehow must have come over with her.  *shrugs*

MrsFlynn, I'm not quite sure on what you mean by resetting family, I have done the shift+click and did reset object on both, but I don't think that's what you mean.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2015, 02:45:34 PM »
Sorry about that, what I mean is:

Reset a Household -- Have them all travel to another lot, and then send them home. This should reset all family members. [ Use the M key for map, for fast travel.]

Offline digitaldollies

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2015, 03:10:54 PM »
Ah ok, I'll try that. I didn't know about that one.

Offline digitaldollies

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2015, 05:45:55 PM »
*Update*

Sorry in advance if double posting is a no-no, but I wanted this to show as a new message.

Okay, MrsFlynn thanks again about the reset, oddly enough when I took them to the park they could eat, so no more starving. When I got them back home still not able to consume anything. Tried bull dozing and downloading from gallery again still no consuming, (I even bought a new fridge and placed it elsewhere) then tried with the empty house and she was able to do quick meal, so I'm guessing it's just something I did when I built/furnished the house :/. I'd like to know what it was so I can avoid it. I also hope it's gone for good, because it started off fine until the guest came over. I'll do extensive testing to be sure. Hopefully it's gone for good.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 07:11:17 PM »
Thanks for the update!! :)

There's not a whole lot you can do if the game decides to hiccup. When I played Sims on my older computer, I'd save quite often, save any houses I was building on and my sims. That practice has stuck with me ever since. So if the game did hiccup, which it did every now and again I could take the household or house I was building on into a new game and be good to go.

Some helpful tips can be found in the link below.

Topic: Sims 4 - Tips for Crashing, Lag and Other Misc Tips
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,21899.0.html

MrsFlynn

Offline digitaldollies

• Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2015, 10:06:20 PM »
Thank you all so much for helping! I'm a saver too, and luckily because I saved the house to the gallery I just had to furnish it again and plant her stuff... Luckily they'd just moved in so she didn't lose much as far the gardens.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2015, 10:16:09 PM »
Things sound like they're working better? Your Sims and their guests are able to interact with each other and eat?

MrsFlynn

Dellena

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2015, 07:28:39 AM »
You might try demolishing the kitchen part of the house and rebuilding that part from scratch.  It could be a glitch in the building process.

anything