Author Topic: Retrieving a Tombstone  (Read 10507 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Retrieving a Tombstone
« on: June 25, 2015, 06:48:12 PM »
Hi, When I was off of my played lot, playing another lot, I accidentally left aging on in the hood. Two of my sims in the original household died and I'm at that lot now, but there is no tombstones. How do I retrieve them?

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
Re: Retrieving a Tombstone
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 07:20:43 PM »
Sorry, but if you're not playing a household and people die, there is no tombstone.  All you could really do would be go back to an earlier save.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 07:26:13 PM »
:(  Thanks! Is there any cheat that works to resurrect them or are they gone forever?

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 08:23:00 PM »
I'm pretty sure if you check and didn't have any tombstones, the game just delete your sim into oblivion and would never get back. If you did not want to go back to earlier save, you can try putting the original household again in family via manage household. However that only work for the sims you have created and not the townies.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 09:28:35 PM »
Thanks Dodi! I did have a copy of the whole family in the Gallery so I was able to retrieve them, but I lost a LOT of time. The older son's daughter is a baby now. She had just aged up to teen in the original game. Oh well. At least I have the whole family back now.

I would now like to know how to eliminate 1 sim. The younger son, in my original game had already gotten married, moved out, and has a couple of children of his own. I really don't want a duplicate of him and besides that, I only have 1 of the lady that he married. I would like to eliminate the original sim and stay w/the one who is married and his family. I hope this makes sense, lol

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 10:59:31 PM »
You'll have to use manage household. Use the cas.fulleditmode on cheat and you should be able to delete the extra copy.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 12:41:16 AM »
ok, Thanks!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 01:25:56 AM »
If you intend to play multi generational family for long, it is wise to ocassionaly "update" the household. I heard you can save your household with all your progress in skill and aspiration saved (i'm not sure about money). Switching between active household is really annoying because I remember when setting up for herbs store for my active sim, the game decidely put her into level 10 comedian career when the game only run like for 3 sim hours.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2015, 09:09:42 AM »
Your skills and aspiration progress will be saved with your family. The money and inventory won't. If you place the family again, they'll have $20,000 simoleons and nothing in inventory.

@dodi90, they said they would fix the jobs bug in the patch that came with Newcrest. Did your sim going into level 10 Comedian career happen since then?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2015, 09:51:16 AM »
I never tried that again recently so I did not know that particular bug is fixed. I actually haven't play a new game after newcrest is released since i'm currently playing other game right now.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2015, 08:03:02 PM »
I'm thinking that they did fix it b/c when I went back to my main family, none of them had jobs which is the way I wanted it. Their income is plants they grow and collectibles and paintings. They did pretty good on that!