Author Topic: Unable to marry after death. *A Solution and Explanation*  (Read 5599 times)

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
Unable to marry after death. *A Solution and Explanation*
« on: July 15, 2015, 01:33:37 PM »
I brought Erik back to life but Agnes can't marry him, she can only get to boyfriend/girlfriend level. They're at the extremely irresistible level but no ''propose marriage'' is available. All my mods are fine I checked them out first.

Edit: I killed Hank to check if it did the same thing and it did Hank and Pauline couldn't get married either.   
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline JodySuzanne1305

• Occult
Re: Unable to marry after death.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 01:48:37 PM »
Were they married before death?

JodySuzanne

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 02:21:18 PM »
I did a little searching on this. It seems to be a common problem.

Crinrict mentioned this is an actual bug, but that a mod can fix it. She didn't say which one, but in my searching I found that Nraas MasterController is the mod she may be talking about. Something else that was suggested was to move family to a different town.

If the sims have been in a previous relationship, the game sometimes glitches to make it to where they can't marry again.

Hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn

==========
Reference Links:
----
Sims won't remarry after death (July.2014)
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Sims-won-t-remarry-after-death/td-p/3164648

MasterController can edit relationships
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController

Creating a Mods Folder/Installing Mods Step by Step Guide
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,9187.0.html/

Topic: Sims Unable to Marry (Oct.2012)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=12790.0
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 04:01:45 PM »
The option still wasn't there so I forced them to be married, I think the issue is she's connected to her family in Sunset Valley, including Erik. But I forced them to be married with a mod.

Edit: This Agnes is different that the starting one but she always is connected to her sister and parents, when I put her in the same town. She's also connected to Erik from the start, so it might be I have to disconnect them, then try to marry them again.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline JodySuzanne1305

• Occult
Re: Unable to marry after death. *A Solution and Explanation*
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 10:14:50 PM »
Yes, it's happened to me before too. Only they were fiancé, when the ghost came back, not nothing. I couldn't get the option for "get married" to come up so I took them to France and had them get married abroad. That worked and they were married again.

JodySuzanne