Author Topic: Is moving out counted as death?  (Read 1689 times)

Offline Jemcrystal

• Nooboo
Is moving out counted as death?
« on: July 20, 2015, 08:39:04 PM »
If the sim was a painter does moving out without them count as their death thus raising the value of their paintings?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Is moving out counted as death?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 10:07:36 PM »
This may not work the same way in the console edition. But found this for the pc version.

Game Help:Sims 3 Skills/Painting
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Painting#Value

Upon the artist's death, the painting's value increases by 930 Simoleans, and the appreciation rate of the painting doubles. Note that this only applies the first time the artist dies, and does not apply to any paintings painted by Sims who are already dead (ghosts) at the time of creation.

I'm not sure if moving out without them counts as their death. I wasn't able to find anything on that.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

karlissa

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 07:39:17 AM »
In those games it deletes the sim in question (I've played sims 3 pets console only though so if you have a different version your mileage may vary) which may glitch the paintings but my guess is that if you are playing that version that the 10 day period you have before they become unplayable also makes the paintings that they've painted get the marker that the artist has died and I have had a painter die like that and their work became worth more right off the bat until I resurrected them.

I suggest just starving them if you want the paintings to go up in value and you also want them out of the household and then clicking on them once they become controllable and send them to the netherworld to remove them.

I hope this helps.

Offline Jemcrystal

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 06:40:38 AM »
Well no because trying to kill them well they just wont die and it disrupts my game play.  It's to distracting with them screaming and peeing themselves and it's gross.  I can't focus on the other sims.  I keep looking to see if the boxed in sim is dead yet cause I want to see the reaper come but weeks later and still to life they cling.

anything