Author Topic: How to launch TS3 without Origin - Not Working!!  (Read 10157 times)

Offline pariskennel

• Nooboo
How to launch TS3 without Origin - Not Working!!
« on: July 25, 2015, 07:50:33 AM »
Could somebody please help me? I do what I'm supposed to to get to the folder ( Start > C > Program Files (x86) > Electronic Arts > Sims 3 Seasons (latest one I installed) > Game > Bin > the one that says TS308-Application) , but it just acts like it's going to open but doesn't. Why Computer?! :'(

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: How to launch TS3 without Origin - Not Working!!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 01:34:12 PM »
If your Sims 3 is tied to Origin you may not be to launch Sims 3 without Origin.

When did you buy the base game? The newer base game version does require you to be logged in to Origin at all times but you can do so in offline mode. You do need to verify the installation once.

Play in Offline Mode: In the Origin Client, go to the Origin Menu and select Go Offline.

MrsFlynn

--
Reference Link:
Re: Run Sims 3 without Origin
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Run-Sims-3-without-Origin/td-p/1957563/page/2
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Steellace

• Townie
Re: How to launch TS3 without Origin - Not Working!!
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 11:52:44 AM »
I have two files that I use to play TS3 without Origin.  However, I purchased and installed them prior to Origin (but I am able to play through Origin if I want).  I don't use the expansion directory; my files are in:  \\\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\[file].  I use TS3.exe to by-passes the launcher, or I use Sims3Launcher.exe to see the launcher first.  If you purchased/installed through Origin, I have no idea if you can by-pass it. 

MrsFlynn's instructions are perfect for going offline, but there's a way to launch Origin in off-line mode to start if that's your preference.  You can temporarily disable your internet (easy on a laptop, not so sure about a desktop) and launch Origin.  It will notify you that you are offline and ask for you to log in (even though you aren't online).  You can then re-enable the internet and Origin will remain offline.  Another alternative is to have Origin logged in on another computer and then launch it; you'll be notified that you're logged in elsewhere and asked if you want to continue in off-line mode (my daughter and I experience this all the time).