Author Topic: The Townsend Legacy (complete)  (Read 6651 times)

Offline Alex

• Occult
The Townsend Legacy (complete)
« on: August 01, 2015, 06:18:51 AM »
Scoring etc:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Townsend family tree

Offline Alex

• Occult
Re: The Townsend Legacy
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 06:19:44 AM »
Meet Tallahassee Townsend, who prefers to be known as Tally. Canít imagine why ;)

In a previous incarnation she founded a Sims 2 legacy challenge which fell victim to a broken laptop. Sims 2 Tally randomly rolled the Romance aspiration and the LTW to have 25 loves at once, much to my horror, and then turned out to be one of the most fun Sims Iíve played. She earned a perfect GPA, partly due to slightly unsavoury relationships with her professors, and went on to max the show business career. She eventually settled down with her twenty-seventh woohoo partner, and they raised five remarkably well-adjusted kids together.

Sims 3 Tally is flirty, charismatic and irresistible, has star quality, and is rumoured to be a great kisser. Her major aim in life is to become a Master Romancer.

Tally moved into the usual legacy lot in Sunset Valley (the equestrian centre has been swapped out for the smaller version).

Like her namesake, her first task was to get a job in the film career, but that mostly consisted of her having pathing issues and having to ĎGo hereí a lot, so I didnít get a screenshot.

Then she set about learning to paint. Initially she wasnít impressed...

...but soon decided that sketching might be her sort of thing after all.

Having broken the ice, she started getting to know the neighbours.

Rather well, in some cases...

I believe the official list for LTW-granting purposes was Monika Morris in the Working Friendsí shower, Christopher Steel in Tallyís bed, Molly French at City Hall, Blair Wainwright in a treehouse, and (later that day) Blairís father Boyd at the military base. Other seductees included Narcissa Vatos (Tallyís shower), Hank Goddard (heís the one being led into the haystack), Pauline Wan (in her own bed before Hank got back), and Bebe Hart (at the gym).

Busy week, all in all.

The paparazzi should have had a field day. Instead, this guy caught fire as Tally was having a pre-work shower, stood around all day screaming with his backside on fire, then finally popped his clogs once she got home.

Talís, um, lifestyle had inevitable consequences:

Meet Richmond. Thanks to the ĎBe with motherí action, there is little doubt who his father is, although that didnít stop the surviving paparazzi from speculating.

Hank was delighted with Richmond, and started hanging around a lot. Tally invited him over to celebrate her birthday, and he stuck around thereafter.

(Why yes, their Ďcelebratingí did result in Hank walking around in his PJs.)

Very briefly, they even tried making things official and Ďbeing together for the kidsí.

It didnít work out.

Once they stopped trying to be a couple, though, they settled down to a strange relationship that seemed to work pretty well.

Hank hit on half the neighbourhood:

While Tally seduced the other half:

And once the visitors had gone home, both of them ignored the single bed in favour of this:

But itís all totally platonic. Honest.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 11:03:15 AM »
Tally is really pretty! And, oddly, Hank and Tally seem to have a good working relationship seducing the neighborhood, lol :)

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 02:38:09 PM »
I loved the part where she 'decided that sketching might be her sort of thing after all.'  Is that Cycl0n3 posing starkers in the middle of town?  Of course, he is inappropriate: he probably enjoyed it :D.

Hank's a great dad; just not so good at the whole husband thing.  But then Tally's evidently not the wifely type.  It looks like a perfect match  :P.

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 03:39:40 PM »
Tally is really pretty! And, oddly, Hank and Tally seem to have a good working relationship seducing the neighborhood, lol :)

Tal says thanks :)

I don't quite understand their relationship, but it seems to be working for them.

I loved the part where she 'decided that sketching might be her sort of thing after all.'  Is that Cycl0n3 posing starkers in the middle of town?  Of course, he is inappropriate: he probably enjoyed it :D.

Hank's a great dad; just not so good at the whole husband thing.  But then Tally's evidently not the wifely type.  It looks like a perfect match  :P.

Yep, that's Cycl0n3 - and they'd only just met. They really hit it off, though - I originally planned for him to be Richmond's dad, but I thought Hank would do a better job of establishing a garden than Cycl0n3. (Also, typing his name all the time would drive me nuts.)

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 06:40:50 AM »
Richmond aged up to toddler and seemed to get all of his genetics from Tally.

He had a very happy toddlerhood, doted on by both parents and that rare beast, a really competent babysitter.

Although his bottle seemed to be his favourite companion of all:

Both parents took time out of their busy lives to teach him stuff. Tal taught him to talk while Hank took care of essential business at the park:

And then they took a family trip to the library:

They were happy years for everybody, and Tal in particular was very unimpressed when Richmondís toddlerhood ended.

He appears to have Tallyís rather girly features to go with her colouring. Richmond selected some plain-glass glasses to hide the long eyelashes behind.

As a child, Richmond suddenly seemed to become rather more aware of his parentsí exploits, and wasnít entirely sure what to make of them.

He tried to take his mind off it with hobbies and playing.

Tal and Hank finally scraped together enough cash to build a house with space for everybody.

Richmond had his pick of bedrooms Ė and selected this one.

A brave equestrian, his favourite games became chasing bandits and saving helpless maidens with the assistance of a variety of noble steeds.

Alas, it was soon time for another birthday Ė this time shared with Hank.

Tal spent an enjoyable evening convincing Hank that his grey hair made him look distinguished.

And Richmond? I think the rumours about his parentsí love lives and the stress of the paparazzi finally got to him.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Townsend Legacy (updated 2/8/15)
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 01:00:42 PM »
Oh my, the babysitter looks like Goldenrod from my decadynasty  :o

And Richmond is quite handsome, even with his girly eyelashes :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2015, 04:00:25 PM »
Oh my, the babysitter looks like Goldenrod from my decadynasty  :o

And Richmond is quite handsome, even with his girly eyelashes :)

So he does! I'm trying to remember his name - fairly sure it wasn't Goldenrod :)

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2015, 04:30:55 PM »
Richmond moved into a new room more befitting his new look.

Tally had her elder birthday Ė and didnít like it.

She gave Richmond her old guitar to try and cheer him up a bit. Iíd had a passing plan to get her to play for tips to earn cash, but celeb opportunities + Opportunistic turned out to be far more lucrative, so the guitar had been sitting in her inventory gathering dust for years. Richmond was delighted with it.

I was less delighted when he got some drums to go with it. So. Loud.

And at that point, he decided he wanted to be a One Man Band. He called it Moses Basket of Filth.

Tally took to spending a lot of time outside in the quiet hot tub. Canít say I blame her.

Richmondís birthday arrived. (Pay no attention to the motive fail Ė he was having a birthday-morning cake to spare him the indignity of passing out at school.)

He acquired a colourful and varied wardrobe.

Tally and Hank remain Just Friends, as ever.

Richmond was eventually driven outside out of sheer embarrassment, where he met Lynn Ursine, whoís an artistic virtuoso just like him. He invited her round to meet his family.

Thereís something about that leopard print mirror that makes sims want to be romantic.

Lynn joined the household, and was partway through a makeover when birthday sparkles hit.

Richmond asked her to go steady, and then as a true show of commitment, invited her to join Moses Basket. Lynn was touched.

And as a legacy heir, the next step was obvious.

What could possibly spoil their happiness?

Oh yeah. That.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2015, 02:23:19 PM »
I'm not sure whether I find Goth!Richmond scary or hilarious.  He certainly doesn't look girly any more, despite the long hair and make-up ;).

RIP, Hank :(.

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2015, 02:35:22 PM »
I'm not sure whether I find Goth!Richmond scary or hilarious.  He certainly doesn't look girly any more, despite the long hair and make-up ;).

RIP, Hank :(.

I generally go with hilarious - he has that goofy grin too much to be scary, despite the makeup.

That isn't Hank! (Hank's the one in the overalls in the final picture.) That's a random paparazzo who had the cheek to drop dead and spoil the pretty proposal. (He was also a family friend, though, and an ex of both Hank and Tally - who in the verse ain't? - so they were all pretty sad.)

Offline Alex

• Occult
Re: The Townsend Legacy (updated 3/8/15)
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2015, 02:49:23 PM »
Richmond and Lynn had a small wedding in the back garden, attended only by Tally, Hank and Claire.

Tally seems to have definite plans for them...

While their parents enjoyed an informal wedding breakfast on the patio, the happy couple slipped away upstairs. Lynn thought she heard chimes.

Surely this time theyíd be allowed to be happy without any close friends dropping dead?

Of course not.

RIP, Hank Goddard :( Tal was devastated. I donít think she and Hank ever really worked out what their relationship was, but it whatever it was, she missed him.

Lynn got confirmation of the chimes she thought sheíd heard.

And she managed to let Hank know he was going to be a grandpa.

She wasnít the only one pleased to see him.

Baby Brain seemed to hit Lynn Ė or at least, I canít think of any other explanation for this.

Fortunately, thereís a cure for that.

Richmond proved to be less than helpful.

And poor Lynn spent the rest of her labour alternating between being in agony and plotting what sheíd like to do to Richmond once she could catch him.

Whatever it is, I donít think itís going to be pretty.

Fortunately, a distraction arrived in the form of baby Helena.

Lynn was besotted for about five minutes, then seemed to abruptly change her mind.

Although Helena did have her uses.

Poor Helena :( At least Granny Tally loves her.

And in weird news, there was an attempt at burglary by a burglar with a swag bag full of costumes.

First the traditional burglar outfit:

Then a change into swimwear:

And after Richmond had finished beating him to a pulp, he changed again. I can only hope this is a disguise and not what he wears for everyday.

Can anybody shine any light on what the heck was going on there? ???

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2015, 03:43:34 PM »
Fascinating! I've never seen a burglar change clothes like that. And I definitely agree with you; that suit has to be a disguise otherwise...eww.

There is something oddly hilarious about Lynn plotting to destroy Richmond while in labor  :o

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2015, 04:34:55 PM »
Oops, sorry.  Not sure why I thought it was Hank before.  I'd noticed him in the repo-man's outfit in an earlier screenshot, too  :-[.

Lynn certainly went one better than the classic 'This is all your fault!' of women in labour.  I don't envy Richmond  ;).

No idea about the burglar either.  I've never seen them change their clothes before.  Maybe it was one of Hank's ex-colleagues, deep undercover?

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2015, 06:28:07 PM »
Fascinating! I've never seen a burglar change clothes like that. And I definitely agree with you; that suit has to be a disguise otherwise...eww.

There is something oddly hilarious about Lynn plotting to destroy Richmond while in labor  :o

It's not a bad disguise, really - no self-respecting burglar would wear anything that bright, or that eww.

I know :D I don't know whether that's typical Evil behaviour and I've just never noticed it before, but it was a far more entertaining labour to watch than the usual screaming, hand-waving panic.

Oops, sorry.  Not sure why I thought it was Hank before.  I'd noticed him in the repo-man's outfit in an earlier screenshot, too  :-[.

Lynn certainly went one better than the classic 'This is all your fault!' of women in labour.  I don't envy Richmond  ;).

No idea about the burglar either.  I've never seen them change their clothes before.  Maybe it was one of Hank's ex-colleagues, deep undercover?

Eh, you only offed Hank one day too early. That's his Dynamic DNA Profiler uniform - I hadn't noticed that it's the same as the repoman uniform until now.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Oh, she wanna creep like ivy?
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2015, 09:08:39 AM »
Evil mothers tend to do that during labor, yes. It's pretty funny whenever it happens.

And I'm only asking this because it will bug me otherwise: is your Richmond a nod to Richmond from The IT Crowd?
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / DecaDynasty

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2015, 01:43:12 PM »
Evil mothers tend to do that during labor, yes. It's pretty funny whenever it happens.

And I'm only asking this because it will bug me otherwise: is your Richmond a nod to Richmond from The IT Crowd?

Interesting - mine never have and I've played a lot of evil sims. Maybe it's one of those things that varies computer to computer?

And yes! I hoped somebody would pick up on that :D

Offline Alex

• Occult
Re: The Townsend Legacy (updated 5/8/15)
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2015, 03:18:35 PM »
Helenaís toddler birthday rolled around.

She inherited Richmondís hair Ė initially the dyed-black Goth version, which I quickly Edited in CAS to his natural colour. Iím going let that expression speak for itself.

Helena mostly likes to play by herself, possibly because her parents seem to lack any interest in caring for her.

Once again, Tally stepped in, teaching Helena vital skills like walking, and how to say Ďfeather dusterí. I repeatedly told Lynn and Richmond to help, but they kept getting bored and walking off to play their guitars.

The obvious thing to do if you canít look after one kid is clearly to have another one.

Alas, Lynn and Richmond would be on their own this time :(

Rest in peace, Tally. Iíll keep an eye on the grandkids for you.

Speaking of grandkids, this is Austin. Heís a light sleeper, so heís going to just love being in a house full of musical instruments.

Even Helenaís getting in on the act. When she showed an interest in music, Richmond finally interacted with her autonomously. Presumably heís considering her as a future band member.

Hank and Tally are still Just Friends.

Helena had another birthday, and became sufficiently mobile to take care of most of her own needs.

Once Helena had picked out new clothes, Austin also had a birthday.

Austin favours the Frio-Ursine side of his ancestry: I think thatís Claireís eyes and Jaredís hair. Helena looks to be another Tally clone.

Helena tested out her new loner trait by playing by herself. Sheís the first Sim Iíve had who has autonomously petted the rocking horse, but itís one of her favourite actions Ė presumably because itís a way to raise her social bar without talking to people.

She also likes being out in the garden, burying her motherís things in the sandpit.

And Lynn and Richmond continue to demonstrate exceptional parenting.

Even when she decided she wanted to teach Austin to walk, Lynn chose to do it right next to the pond. But at least she wanted to teach him Ė sheís slowly getting the hang of this parenting lark.

And since practice makes perfect...

(I donít know how finding out sheís pregnant connects to that thought bubble. I donít think I want to know.)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Townsend Legacy (updated 5/8/15)
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2015, 04:12:22 PM »
The obvious thing to do if you canít look after one kid is clearly to have another one.

In the world of sims, that makes perfect sense  :o

RIP Tally, you shall be missed!

Offline Alex

• Occult
Re: The Townsend Legacy (updated 6/8/15)
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2015, 04:00:32 PM »
Lynn appears to have finally got the hang of parenting Austin Ė not only has she started getting wishes about him, but sheís even managed to teach him a skill away from large bodies of water.

Helena is still raising herself, though.

With occasional attention and social interaction from the friendly neighbourhood paparazzi...

...and the ghost of her dead grandmother.

Even her teddy bear has glitched and become invisible.

Richmond had a birthday and became a fully fledged adult. He started a mid-life crisis, and finally decided it was time to get a new look Ė much to Lynnís secret relief.

Baby time again! This is Augusta. Born an excitable genius, she becomes an instant favourite for the next heir. (In comparison, Helenaís traits are slob/loner/heavy sleeper, but she does have Tallyís genes in her favour. Austinís traits are light sleeper/couch potato.)

As befits the proud mother of three (who is a day off elder), Lynn is extremely dignified at all times.

And Richmond might be a Proper Grown-Up these days, but he still likes to pull goofy faces while he plays his bass. And he still has girly eyelashes.

Seeing that her parents were too busy rocking out, it fell to Helena to entertain Austin.

The next day, Augusta aged up and Helena had a new babysitting charge. Augusta has Tally and Richmondís hair, and really dark blue eyes that I think are from Hank.

And downstairs by the rocking chair Lynn got old.

Lynn got lots of wishes to look after Augusta, as well as Austin. Now she just has to notice that she has three kids instead of two, and sheíll be able to claim to be a good parent.

Birthday time again! This time Austinís child birthday.

Heís developed a weird rectangular glitch thing on his chin Ė I have no idea whether that is his chin or his lips causing the problem, or maybe itís a very early beard.

And itís placed so that itís impossible to hide. Oh well: his new trait is Canít stand art, so he probably wouldnít have liked face paint anyway.

And yet another birthday. Helena aged up to teen and became a perfectionist to go with her slob trait. Richmond finally got a wish about her Ė to send her to military school.

Sheís got slightly funny-shaped eyes that I hid behind make-up, but at least she doesnít have a beard.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2015, 01:12:14 PM »
I didnít know child Sims could pet the rocking horse.  Thatís so sweet.  Iím going to have to try it :).

That thing on Austinís chin is really odd.  It looks like his hair colour, at least on my monitor, so my immediate thought was that heíd inherited Hankís beard.  Weird ???.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Oh, she wanna creep like ivy?
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2015, 02:27:16 PM »
The weird clipping that's going on with Austin's face is probably both the chin and the lips working together in a horrible way. But maybe he'll fare better as a teen.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / DecaDynasty

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2015, 05:20:20 AM »
I didnít know child Sims could pet the rocking horse.  Thatís so sweet.  Iím going to have to try it :).

It's adorable :)

That thing on Austinís chin is really odd.  It looks like his hair colour, at least on my monitor, so my immediate thought was that heíd inherited Hankís beard.  Weird ???.

I thought it looked a bit like Hank's beard too.

The weird clipping that's going on with Austin's face is probably both the chin and the lips working together in a horrible way. But maybe he'll fare better as a teen.

Something like that - it did indeed get better when he aged up. But ???

Offline Alex

• Occult
Re: The Townsend Legacy (updated 8/8/15)
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2015, 05:27:36 AM »
As Sim teens often seem to be, Helena was extremely attentive to Augustaís every need, and pretty much became her primary carer.

And while she may have outgrown burying things in sandpits, sheís found new ways to get revenge on her mother.

For once I not only remembered to make sure a teen was in their formal wear for prom, but also got a picture of them getting the limo, so here it is:

Augusta aged up to child. She continued her run of decent traits by becoming the second perfectionist in the family.

Being a genius, she enjoys playing chess. Austin tends to get roped in as her opponent, because as the resident couch potato he likes the opportunity to sit down.

I appear to have neglected Augusta terribly as a child and only took one other screenshot, so have a random picture of her presiding over the royal kitchen:

Since Helena wanted to learn to drive, and her parents kept stopping when she asked them to teach her, once again Helena asked Tally to step in. Technically this counted as sneaking out after curfew, but they got away with it.

Austin met Hank. Given what Hank got up to during his lifetime, I dread to think what heís teaching Austin here...

Austin had his next birthday. Heís replaced his childhood mini-beard with a teen version. (Although the weird graphics glitch has resolved itself.)

In news that doesnít involve the kids, Richmond has achieved his LTW. Itís not the first time Iíve met the requirements of One Sim Band, but it is the first time Iíve got the stupid LTW to register as complete.

Lynn got hers (Master of the Arts) later in the day, but I was focusing on Austin gardening and completely missed the screenshot :( Sorry Lynn.

Augusta grew up to teen. This time she got Family Oriented Ė I donít know how sheís getting so lucky with traits when Austin and Helenaís traits are all mediocre. Guess who just bought Island Paradise :D

With Hank and Tally no longer providing daily headlines, Sunset Valley seems to be starved for news. This weekís hot gossip: two-star-celeb Augusta Townsend picks vegetables - and eats them!

A couple of days later, it was Helenaís turn for another birthday.

Extremely appropriately, she rolled the Unlucky trait. That pretty much seals the deal: the next heir will be Augusta. Helenaís traits donít point in any particular direction, but since sheís a perfectionist loner, writing seems like a good option, and she already has several points in writing from newspaper club. Her LTW is going to be Professional Author.

Helena picked out new clothes, retaining her taste for causal everyday and ridiculously over-the-top formalwear.

And then settled down to begin on her new job:

Meanwhile at the bookstore:

RIP Lynn.

anything