Author Topic: The Sims 4 Get Together  (Read 60685 times)

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
The Sims 4 Get Together
« on: August 05, 2015, 08:15:36 AM »
The next expansion pack was announced at Gamescom by EA.  It is going to be called the Sims 4 Get Together.

It is currently 1.60 GB in size.

It is going to be released December 8, 2015.

Here is the official Trailer:
The Sims 4 Get Together

Source:
The Sims.Com

The Sims 4 Get Together Expansion Pack is Coming November 2015

by Grant Rodiek

Live it up in Windenburg!

Your Sims’ wanderlust is at a fever pitch. They want to go somewhere totally different – a place where they can make new friends, see new sights, and have new experiences. They want to bust a move at a secret dance party at the Ancient Ruins. They want to enjoy a delicious espresso in a swanky Café. They want to live it up like they never could before. They want something... new. And soon, they’ll get just that.

We’re excited to announce that The Sims 4 Get Together Expansion Pack* releases worldwide this November! Here’s the first trailer, giving just a taste of what it has to offer.

The Sims 4 Get Together introduces Windenburg, a European-inspired World with a mix of vibrant modern architecture, classic buildings and styles. From the charming countryside, to the bustling town square and luxurious island, Windenburg is filled with new things for your Sims to see and do.

But you’re not going to be exploring these new sights alone. As the name suggests, Get Together is all about your Sim having fun with their friends, whether they’re leading their own exclusive Clubs or exploring Windenburg.

Your Sims will be able to join different Clubs, each with their own interests, personalities, and styles. They have defined behaviours that dictate how they tend to act, including how they treat other Sims, and what they do or don't like to do. There will be a variety of Clubs waiting for your Sims when you first load up the expansion pack, but you’re also able to create and customize your own. You can set their requirements, decide what behaviours they have, choose their preferred hang outs, and even give them distinct rewards.

Hanging out with groups of friends makes Get Together feel truly unique. Your Sim’s in-game friends will act a lot like your real ones – whether you’re going for a dip in the Natural Pools along the bluffs or just lounging around in the pub, groups will engage in new, exciting ways. Your Sim can take on their friends in a game of foosball, or try on outfits together with the all-new Walk-in Closet. They’ll hang out and share experiences together in fun, new ways.

Your Sims will also be able to level up Dancing and DJing skills, both of which should make for even more energetic gatherings. Pump up the crowd by creating the perfect mix on the DJ booth, or start busting out some new dance moves in an Underground Disco

We can’t wait to start going into more details on what makes this expansion pack special. Expect to hear more in early October, and get ready to explore Windenburg this holiday season when The Sims 4 Get Together Expansion Pack releases!

Pre-Order Information
You can also pre-order this if it looks interesting to you on Origin for $39.99:

Sims 4 Get Together on Origin

Welcome to Windenburg!

Live it up in the beautiful world of Windenburg with The Sims 4 Get Together! Explore picturesque landmarks like the sprawling hedge maze at the garden chateau, alluring pools at the bluffs, and the mysterious ancient ruins. Grab a delicious espresso from the barista at the café, chat up your crush at the pub, and dance all night at the discotheque. Get together for exciting group activities like foosball, midnight bonfires, super-secret dance parties, and more! Sims can also join different clubs with distinct personalities and styles to meet new Sims and live it up!

KEY FEATURES

Explore a new world.
Discover the beautiful world of Windenburg! Explore its scenic neighborhoods including the charming traditional countryside, bustling town square, ultra-modern business district, and exclusive private island.

Meet new Sims.
There’s just something about Sims from Windenburg that makes you want to meet them all. Join different clubs, each with their own interests, personalities, and styles. Can’t find the perfect club? Create and customize your own. Playing with different clubs unlocks unique rewards for Sims to enjoy.

Rule the dance floor.
Take the party to the next level with new DJ & dancing skills. Pump up the crowd by creating the perfect mix in the DJ booth, then jump on the dance floor and show off all new dance moves.

Party anywhere.
Throw parties anytime, anywhere! Head out to the ruins or any local hotspot, and set up the DJ booth to get the party started. Build a bonfire to heat things up, dare other Sims to get into some hilarious situations, and sneak away for a quick romp in the bushes with that special Sim.

Get styled.

Use the new walk-in closet to try on a variety of different outfits with other Sims to get their reactions – for better or worse. Select outfits for all of your Sims and get ready for a big night out. Feeling frisky? Sneak into the closet for a little WooHoo while no one’s watching.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Get Together
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 08:17:48 AM »
Some images The Sims retweeted from Sims VIP

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 08:43:53 AM »
oh wow, This looks like it will add a lot to the game. :) Looking forward to this one.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 09:12:22 AM »
Hopefully there'll be more new features than what they've shown so far. It looks fun, but disappointing - it doesn't seem to be adding much to the game. My Sims can already socialize and party; I was hoping for something unique with the newest EP. Will be looking forward for coming announcements about it though!

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 10:47:22 AM »
Quite tied with other things, but got the link updated so that preorders will benefit the site and invited guide guests to come to this thread and check out the features Bri listed.

I suppose I'll need to investigate this thoroughly and make a summary page this week. I am going to *try* to ask some questions of the gurus this time around, since there's plenty of time to prepare them what with a 3-month warning.  8)

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 11:48:36 AM »
From what I've seen so far, I'm not that impressed. I honestly think it's just a Late Night 2.0. It looks like it only adds a few new features that are really nothing new. We had foosball in The Sims 3 Base Game. A lot of the items from what I saw in the trailer were already in The Sims 3, DJ booths, foosball, bonfires, clubs, etc. it looks like they're just recycling features from TS3 from what I've seen.

But hey, the walk-in closets look really cool. And I hope they expand more on clubs. And finally, lake swimming! I also like the new clothes and hair in the trailer, I'm pretty sure I'd use all of it on my Sims. I also like the new town.

I hope they reveal more stuff, because I don't really like what I'm seeing so far.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 12:05:55 PM »
I think it looks really fun. I'm particularly excited about the dancing. It seems like a lot of features that don't tie together as neatly as, say, Get to Work, but I imagine they will seem more cohesive once the pack comes out. I'm also so excited to have a new town!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RandyH

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2015, 12:31:11 PM »
I got an email with a video and watched it. Looks like those Sims are having a lot more fun than mine have day to day. Marketing. It's not clear though... Is this a vacation destination or a world you can live in? It does seem alot like Late Night from Sims 3 and that added alot to the game. But anyway, if it adds skills, activities and some new types of build/buy stuff then it will be worth the price. Looking forward to it.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2015, 12:35:38 PM »
This looks intriguing. The one thing I don't like is that it includes some of the "fun" stuff from University, which might mean that we won't get a University EP with TS4. And I do want to see more stuff for families. I'll definitely get it, but I do have some questions.

Will our sims be able to live in Windenburg or is it another destination world like Granite Falls?
Will there be new harvestables (coffee beans for the café, for example)?
Will we get a new life state (I'm thinking vampire or witch would go with this)?
Are dancing and DJing full 10 point skills or like photography?
Will we get any new traits or aspirations?
Is the private island a secret lot?
Will teens be able to join the clubs?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2015, 04:32:20 PM »
@Carl , @MarianT , I think asking the guru's is probably the way to go.  They've already added some new information stating that children and teens can also make their own 'club' up and decide who is in it and what activities the club will do. Also that they are still actually building this but hope to show more of the world in the 'next few weeks.'
It's early days so I'm reserving judgement until there is more information out there.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2015, 05:25:21 PM »
@Carl , @MarianT , I think asking the guru's is probably the way to go.  They've already added some new information stating that children and teens can also make their own 'club' up and decide who is in it and what activities the club will do. Also that they are still actually building this but hope to show more of the world in the 'next few weeks.'
It's early days so I'm reserving judgement until there is more information out there.  :)

I'm glad children and teens will be able to have clubs, too. That definitely makes it more attractive.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2015, 05:36:47 PM »
It just feels like a repeat of the Sims 3 which itself repeated stuff from the Sims and Sims 2. I am not overly excited to be honest. Surely they could come up with something different not just more parties.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2015, 06:14:29 PM »
It just feels like a repeat of the Sims 3 which itself repeated stuff from the Sims and Sims 2. I am not overly excited to be honest. Surely they could come up with something different not just more parties.

Rachel

Yeah, that's my main problem with this EP.

However, I am excited for Kid's clubs! I hope we get new playground equipment!

Offline Jase~

• Occult
  • Legacy Player
    • Jase's Sims
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2015, 06:27:38 PM »
Hmmm... this EP seems a bit underwhelming to me. Hopefully, there's more to it than what was revealed in this trailer. So far, the only thing that I'm excited about is the new world. Personally, I wish that Maxis would focus less on partying and more on family/legacy gameplay. To be more specific, bring back toddlers.

You can read it here from the beginning.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2015, 07:03:24 PM »
Hm... I'm going to reserve judgement, but so far,  this might be one I'll wait on.