Author Topic: Is there a "set recurring schedule" mod?  (Read 7849 times)

Offline stebbinsd

• Nooboo
Is there a "set recurring schedule" mod?
« on: August 11, 2015, 06:24:57 PM »
I'd like to do a game where the kid growing up and becoming successful is the main protagonist of the roleplay. His parents (and, later, his wife, kids, and grandkids) would have minimal player oversight.

However, I can't just leave the parents to auto-pilot with high free will. They do absolutely ridiculous things that don't go well to raising a kid.  For example, I once had Dad stay at the deep fryer for hours on end, grinding his cooking skill all the way up to level 8 (it was 0 when he started), but all the while, letting his hunger, hygeine, and energy meters enter the red zone, AND he missed a day of work!

I have to micromanage my parents, even though the kid is the star of the show, just to make sure they're raising their kids right!

I'd like to see a mod that lets me set schedules for how certain Sims will behave. These schedules could be interrupted in case of emergencies, or at my discretion.  I'd like the ability to set a schedule based on time, not simply completing one task before moving on to the next one (because if I set my schedule the vanilla way, I might wake up too late to do my morning routine before having to go to work, and a variety of other, similar problems).

For example, I could have Mom set the following schedule on work days (btw, these schedules would be done using "Twallan's Relativity" mod, so I have time to do all this stuff).

1. 6:00AM: Wake up, even if not fully rested.
2. Let [Toddler] out of crib
3. Feed toddler on floor.
4. Serve breakfast: Waffles (husband's favorite food)
5. Use toilet
6. Shower (do not wash hands, since that is accomplished with shower)
7. Brush Teeth
8. Grab plate of waffles.

I would then leave her schedule until 11:00AM open for manual things, like raising the toddler or running errands around town.

9. 11:00AM, serve lunch.
10. Feed toddler on floor (high chair is a waste of money & space).
11. Grab plate for lunch.
12. 5:30PM, serve dinner.
13. 6:30PM, call household to meal, feed toddler on floor, & grab a plate.
14. 7:30PM: Use toilet, Shower & Brush Teeth
15. 8:30PM: Sleep until fully rested or until 6:00AM, whichever occurs first, and then restart @ #1.

Meanwhile, the husband, whose car pool arrives at 8:00AM, has the following schedule:
1. 6:00AM: Wake up, even if not fully rested.
2. Use toilet
3. Shower
4. Brush Teeth
5. Grab Plate of Waffles
6. Walk to mailbox and wait for car pool.
7. At 3:00PM, return home.
8. 3:30PM-4:30PM, Watch TV (to boost "fun" meter)
9. 4:30PM-6:30PM, boost job-related skill.
10. 6:30PM, Grab a Plate for dinner
11. 7:30PM-8:30PM, Watch TV to boost "fun" meter
12. 8:30PM-9:30PM, Use toilet, shower, & brush teeth
13. Sleep until fully rested or until 6:00AM, whichever occurs first, and then restart @ #1.

I could set a similar schedule for off-days.

Is there a mod that lets me do that?

Offline WhiteOreoCookiez

• Nooboo
Re: Is there a "set recurring schedule" mod?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 08:55:36 PM »
I know this thread is a bit old, but in an attempt to find a mod like this, I couldn't. I really want a mod like this for both the Sims 3 and 4. I like playing big families, however, it can get tedious to go to each sim and make them do their daily morning routine. I would really like something like this so I won't have to monitor all of the children at the same time, most of them forget to eat and some just skip school like as if it was the weekend. The frustrations.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Is there a "set recurring schedule" mod?
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 09:02:42 PM »
You may have better luck finding someone to help with creating custom content/Mods over at http://modthesims.info/ or Nraas - http://nraas.wikispaces.com/
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *