Author Topic: The Wrought of Khan - A Random Town Jump (12/27/2015 completed)  (Read 35581 times)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: The Wrought of Khan - A Random Town Jump
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2015, 01:15:01 AM »
@Ausette, I've decided that Sherman should spouse hunt after moving. There should be more choices, and possibly another chance to combine genetics. Suzie makes me think of Joey Heatherton, a singer-dancer from the '60s. Just dated myself again.

@CeresIn , I've had immortals make that many friends, but in one lifetime before becoming an elder, this has got to be a record for me. I didn't even try after the 1st 25 friends. I just sent her places and she made friends. My husband is like that.

The next morning, Suzie was the first to become a young adult. Her traits are Loves the Outdoors, Eccentric, Good Sense of Humor, Rebellious, and Athletic. She wants to be a Paranormal Profiteer. Good job growing up, Suzie.

Sherman’s traits are Artistic, Brave, Vehicle Enthusiast, Dislikes Children, and Computer Whiz. He wants to be a Master of the Arts. He’s at level 8 in both guitar and painting, so this should be pretty quick.
Sherman looks like he went straight from teen to middle-age. Time to change out of those dumpy pjs and grow some hair.

That’s better, and he got his dad’s muscles without working out. Nice trick.

Suzie joined the ghost hunter career and stopped at the library to learn logic.  It’s nice to make career progress just by reading.

Ariella had the last birthday of the day.
Ariella:  I did not pick out this ugly shirt. Who’s responsible?

The next day was graduation. The entire Khan and Best clans attended. Later that day Evan Best died. At least he got to see his youngest graduate. Sherman was valedictorian, Suzie was voted Class Clown, and we found out later that Johnnie was Most Popular.

Standing on the courthouse steps, Suzie wished to propose to Johnnie. She followed him home.
Suzie: So, we grew up about 5 minutes ago. Want to get married.
Johnnie: Yippee!

Not one to drag her heels, Suzie found Johnnie with his sisters at MN8 the next day and convinced him to move in. He was still wearing his graduation robes.

Johnnie’s traits are Virtuoso, Hates the Outdoors, Great Kisser, Excitable, and Artistic. His lifetime wish was Master Romancer. As soon as he had 10k happiness points, it was changed to Hit Movie Composer. He loves his guitar and was at level 5 on moving in.

Suzie’s first job as a  ghost hunter was exorcising poltergeists. It took a long time. They kept jumping around and it was a four story house. Then she helped the school – too much school spirit I guess.

When she got home, Johnnie had waited up for her. They had a private wedding right there in the kitchen. Ah, the romance!

Then chimes were heard.

Then the waiting game began. The family would be moving after the birth.
Sherman and Johnnie both joined the music career, and got to level 2.
Sherman completed his lifetime wish with this painting that he gifted to the gallery.

Ariella completed her lifetime wish to be Leader of the Free World.

Unfortunately, Mithun did not live to become a grandfather. He begged for more time, but at 95, it was his time. Grim was friend 109 for Ariella, so I guess she forgave him’

The next day, the family was once again blessed with twins. Time to move.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2015, 02:33:57 AM »
Yay for floor-boos!!! Keep expecting to see a dragon minder though! Can't wait to see the next town and who Sherman ends up with! MOAR please and thank you :-)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2015, 03:46:15 AM »
Suzie turned out really pretty - she and Johnnie should make gorgeous kids together.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2015, 04:11:11 AM »
@hazelnut well, we shouldn't have long to find out :-) bring on the toddler cuteness!

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2015, 11:32:15 AM »
@hazelnut , You're absolutely right, they produced gorgeous toddlers.

@Magpie2012 , Cute toddlers coming right up! Dragons seem more suited to some towns that others. I have 11 towns. Dragon Valley and Moonlight Falls for sure should have dragons. Maybe Hidden Springs and Aurora Skies, too.

The Khans arrived in their new town, Sunset Valley, with enough money to buy whatever house struck their fancy. They chose this house overlooking the ocean. Even the nooboos appreciated the beautiful vista.

The family just relaxed and enjoyed their new home on the first day. Suzie was out on the waterslide. Everyone else was visible here. Sherman was chatting online with Jamie Jolina who wanted to get to know him better.

So why not? He invited her over and tried to charm her with talk of garbage. They became friends, but there were really no sparks.

Suzie lost her maternity leave with the move so Ariella, who had been wanting to retire, decided to stay home to help with the babies. Grandparents are the very best babysitters.

When Sherman walks past the floorboos, he grumbles “Nooboos.” He sure does hate children.

But who could resist this little face. This is Sidney Khan who is Athletic and Hates the Outdoors.

This is his slightly younger sister, Shaka Khan, who is Athletic and Good. Hmm…Three athletes in the household. The showers will be busy.

Ghost hunting was a little different in Sunset Valley. Most of the rooms were smaller and more crowded with furniture and had very little room to swing a banshee banisher. Luckily, Suzie’s charisma was pretty high and it was easy to convince the ghost to move on…usually.

Some ghosts had other plans.

This one at Jamie Jolina’s house was downright nasty.

It wasn’t always easy, but Suzie reached the top of her career and achieved her lifetime wish. She chatted up ghosts at the Bachelor house while Bella started her homework. She was 5% done at 12:30am.

For her ghost hunting service to the community, the mayor presented Suzie with the Key to Sunset Valley.

This shot illustrates what I love about the Random Town Jump. You’re always playing in a fresh town. Just look at all those old, familiar faces

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2015, 12:43:26 PM »
Did anyone else suddenly hear a rendition of "I'm every woman" when they read like Shaka's name?!? You'd think a South African such as myself would have thought about a different Shaka, but nope... Guess I'm not such a history buff after all lol

Great chapter! And you're right, certain towns call for dragons, where others don't feel as if they would fit. I usually don't give a toss and just have the dragons, because, well, they're my favourite creature (other than my beautiful Izzi who is on the Dog Thread on the Babble Board)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2015, 05:19:34 PM »
@Magpie2012 , With the last name Khan, Shaka was bound to happen eventually. I need to find Izzi on the dog thread. I love dogs and cats.

While Suzie was working hard on her career, Sherman was working on finding a life partner. He met Zelda Mae at work, and they became instant best friends. On their day off, he invited her to meet him at the park. Sherman got along with Zelda better than that other blond wearing too much makeup….what was her name?

In fact, they got along much better.

Meanwhile, the toddlers learned their skills. Ariella is particularly fond of Sidney who has her post-midlife-crisis hair color.

Suzie: There truly is such a thing as flies, but as long as Grandma is alive, we will never see them in this house.
Shaka: Hmmph…want to see flies!

The wee hours of the morning, while the house is at peace, Grandpa Mithun watches over the family.

On a Saturday, Sherman asked a very pregnant Zelda to move in and promptly left for work.

By the time Sherman (and Johnnie) got home, the floorboo pile had increased to three, one with tiny, sparkly wings.

Soon the family had a third toddler, Zach, Easily Impressed and Disciplined. He received a special doll in the mail, so we’ll have to see how that goes.

He wasn’t around for long, though. While Ariella quickly potty trained Zach, Sherman and Zelda had a private wedding, giving Zelda enough happiness points so she would never have to pee again. As a wedding gift, the family provided them with this house (edited to have better beds, plumbing, a potty chair, and a dollhouse for Zach and Zelda).

In a much calmer house, Sid and Shaka became friends. They’re both athletic, and Sid was very impressed with his sister’s agility.

It’s very important to get twins on the same schedule. This may be carrying it a bit far though.

Johnnie: Hey, you’ve been ignoring me!
Sorry, here’s Johnnie. Along with playing video games and his guitar, arguing with Ariella is one of his favorite pastimes.

Johnnie: That’s the best you can do?
Yes. Sorry.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2015, 11:33:40 AM »
As soon as everyone woke up the next morning, birthday cakes were presented and toddlers became children.
Sidney’s traits are now Athletic, Hates the Outdoors, and Technophobe.

Shaka added Night Owl to Athletic and Good.

Sidney: See just stack the blocks up like this.
Shaka: Look at the tooth marks on these things. You know they’re actually quite mesmerizing.

Now that the kids were starting school, Suzie decided to change jobs and start a career in education.
Twins: No, Mom! You’ll embarrass us!

Then when she was only 92, Ariella left with Grim.
Ariella: We’ll at least the beds are made (for probably the last time).

Adulthood struck Johnnie…hard. He was none too happy about it. Let the midlife crisis begin.

Johnnie just knew he would look younger if he got a makeover at the salon. There was no stylist on duty, but Holly Alto did a really good job.

Sherman and Zelda were there displaying their affection publicly.

Ariella missed her grandchildren so much that she woke them up in the middle of the night for a visit.

Suzie joined Johnnie in adulthood.
Suzie: I look good! Maybe I should divorce Johnnie.
No, go get therapy…now.

The kids didn’t have any skills that they needed to work on so they pretty much did what they wished.
Sidney: And then the family left the safety of the haunted house and went outdoors where there were no walls and no celing and bugs everywhere.

Soon the happy children became teens.
Sidney added Easily Impressed to Athletic, Hates the Outdoors, and Technophobe. He looks a lot like his dad.

Shaka is now Athletic, Good, a Night Owl, and Insane. Do we have an heir in the making?

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2015, 12:06:05 PM »
All those nooboos on the floor haha. They all are cute, the twins are copies of Suzie.

Edit: a new chapter while I was writing this, you work fast. Now that the children are teen they don't look exactly like copies of Suzie, they are a little more genetic mixed.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2015, 12:47:18 PM »
Shaka Khan. Amazing.

I love that you got some of the Best family blood in your town jump. Too bad his name was Johnnie and not Siddhartha  ;)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2015, 11:37:13 AM »
@CeresIn , I almost named this The Floorboo Town Jump.
@Malley , I really would have preferred Siddhartha as well. We seem to end up with a lot of the same, but differently named, sims in our stories. Either we have good taste, or they're just easy to snag.

The first thing the teens wanted to do was learn to drive. Poor Sidney had a miserable time of it. No matter which parent took him out, he got completely stressed very quickly. He burned through a vial of potent bliss in record time.

He worked out his stress on the treadmill because this is fun. Right.

Shaka, on the other hand, learned in one long session and never even wished to take a bubble bath.

Shaka ran into Mortimer Goth at the park. He must tell one heck of a ghost story because when he was done, Shaka walked right up and started talking to him.

As he held her hands and stared deeply into her eyes, Mortimer told Shaka that he doesn’t like to flirt. Right.

They soon became boyfriend and girlfriend. Hey, a little privacy here!
That evening Mortimer became a young adult.

Shaka went to prom solo as her boyfriend was just too old. So did Sid because he hadn’t found anyone he wanted to ask. They were voted king and queen, and Sid came home with a romantic interest, Norma Ursine.

During this time, Johnnie reached the top of his symphonic career and completed his lifetime wish. He was so happy that he quit and became a self-employed painter.

Johnnie: Hey, that’s my easel!
Shaka: So use mine. (Even though she doesn’t have the artistic trait, Shaka is an autonomous painter).
Johnnie: I can’t, it’s outside.

What are you up to, Shaka?
Shaka: Watching. You.

The day before his birthday, Sidney went to visit Norma to get her to become his girlfriend while he still could. There’s just no getting any privacy in this town.

Early the next day, before school, Shaka had her birthday and was chosen heir. Her traits are Athletic, Good, Night Owl, Insane, and Savvy Sculptor. So with that mish-mash of traits, what will her lifetime wish be – Jack of All Trades, of course.
So Shaka, what job do you want to try first?
Shaka: Pole dancer!
How about firefighter? There’s poles.
Shaka: Yippee!

Sidney had his birthday after school. His traits are Athletic, Hates the Outdoors, Technophobe, Easily Impressed, and Excitable. He thinks he’ll make a wonderful astronaut.
Sidney will not be moving to the next town.

The next day was graduation. Sidney was selected Valedictorian and voted Most Likely to be Mediocre. Shaka was voted Most Likely to Offend Others. The family couldn’t be prouder.
That’s Sam Sekemoto with them. I think he was voted Most Likely to be Wearing a Wig Under his Cap.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2015, 01:28:07 PM »
After graduation Sid and Shaka went to the gym. It was crowded, but Sid found an empty machine. Shaka gave a friendly introduction to a woman on the treadmill and quickly jumped on.

The next day they both had their first day of work. Shaka maintained the fire engine and alarm and introduced herself some of her co-workers.

The alarm rang, and Shaka’s co-workers panicked. False alarm, go about your business. By the end of her first shift, Shaka was at level 4.

Sidney got a promotion on his first day and celebrated by repairing the shower.
Okay, now mop.

On her second day, Shaka upgraded the fire engine…

…and played video games, reaching level 5 of the firefighter career.

So Shaka, what job do you want to try next?
Shaka: Street cleaner!
How about painter? There’s brushes.
Shaka: Yes!

Johnnie aged up to elder status. He was fine with that as long as he gets to paint all the time.

After joining the painter career, Shaka called up Mortimer for a date. The kind of date where you propose, get married, and move in.

So Mortimer Goth; Unflirty, Loves the Outdoors, Grumpy, Artistic, And Ambitious; became Mortimer Khan. Those are great traits for a project spouse. He wants to be a Master of the Arts.
Let’s re-part your hair and put some of that eyebrow hair on your chin.

The newlyweds are very companionable. She doesn’t mind if he gets grumpy, and he doesn’t mind if she acts crazy. With three autonomous painters in the house, there are easels everywhere.

Mortimer went to join the painter career, and stayed to play his guitar on the courthouse steps. He looks very cool, but he’s really just working on reaching level 1.

Norma Ursine finally aged up to young adult. Sidney paid her a visit and stayed for the rest of his life.

Before long, Shaka had an announcement for Mortimer.
Mortimer: You’re pregnant? *pat pat pat* Good for you!

Shaka calmly went into labor at her easel. Where Else? Her parents went into a panic.

Mortimer was out playing on the water slide and missed all the excitement. He was in for a surprise when he came in.

No worries. He adapted quickly.

The Khans were ready to move to a new town, but were a little nervous about moving on a birthday so they waited for Suzie to become an elder.

Earlier that day, Shaka reached level 5 in her painting career with this creation. Entrepreneurial Mindset really seems to help.

So the family bid a fond farewell to beautiful Sunset Valley. The town was very good to them.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2015, 05:01:56 PM »
As he held her hands and stared deeply into her eyes, Mortimer told Shaka that he doesn’t like to flirt. Right.

:D

I love Shaka’s job choices - and the way you dealt with them :).

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2015, 10:58:05 AM »
@hazelnut , It's been a while since I've played a Jack of All Trades, and it's actually quite fun. I do kind of wish insane Shaka had been sent to a fire, though.

The family moved to this house in Twinbrook. After a few minor changes, the house was a good fit.

It’s time to introduce the next generation. This is Thadius Khan, a little blond Mortimer. His traits are Disciplined and Loves the Outdoors.

Tina looks a lot like her brother, but her nose is completely different. She is a Perceptive Genius.

The children quickly learned their skills.

And soon became accustomed to their new home.

These are very special children.

Shaka, you have two reasonably capable men to watch after the twins so what would you like for your next career.
Shaka: Ninja!
How about joining the military?
Shaka: Will I be able to climb up walls and across ceilings?
Um…sure.
Shaka: Sign me up!

Becoming a full on adult is apparently eye-crossingly, exhausting work.

Although Mortimer is a stay-at-home dad and painter, he completed an opportunity at the school and met a bunch of people. He gets invited to a lot of parties. He’s good enough friends with the Curious family to attack little Notzo with the claw.
Get your toddler fix Mortimer. Tomorrow is your children’s birthday.

Ariella still watches over the family.
Ariella: *ghostly voice* More rocking chairs….

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2015, 11:12:57 AM »
On a beautiful Sunday morning, the toddlers became children. Great-grandpa Mithun was there to help them celebrate.

Thad’s traits are now Disciplined, Loves the Outdoors, and Vegetarian.
Don’t worry, Thad, this watcher’s sims always cook vegetarian because I can never remember who eats what.

Tina’s traits are Genius, Perceptive, and Bookworm. Let the writing wishes begin.

Okay, Shaka, you reached level 5 in the military. What job do you want next?
Shaka: Guardian Lion!
I don’t think that’s going to work. You could be a sculptor and create lions someday.
Shaka: Close enough!

So she got to work.
Shaka: You’re not a lion! So statue, could you crouch down and roar? Statue….?

Tina spent a lot of her spare time writing and reading.

Thad spent his exploring the neighborhood, looking for people his own age. Nope, only adults here. He beat a tourist in a breath holding contest.

They finally met people their own age at school, of all places. Pansy Prudence followed them home one day.

Really, Mortimer? This is the second time I’ve ever seen you tell a ghost story.
Mortimer: Gotta see if the neighbor kid’s got the right stuff.

You too, Johnnie? The poor kid’s never going to come back.
Johnnie: Hey, she’s enjoying it!

Shaka: *gagging noises* I’m a level 4 sculptor, and I’m still not a lion!
No, Shaka, you need to build….oh, never mind.