Author Topic: Curious about "StoryProgression" base-mod  (Read 2557 times)

Offline Junan

• Townie
Curious about "StoryProgression" base-mod
« on: October 21, 2015, 09:21:05 PM »
Assuming no extended mods are involved, what exactly will the StoryProgression mod do? I'd like to know this before adding it and its' skills extension.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Curious about "StoryProgression" base-mod
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 01:11:00 PM »
I don't personally use Nraas's Story Progression mod anymore. But from what I remember it gives you more story mode options in which some of them can go in great detail, depending on if you've got the add-ons to the base mod.

If you want more information on the mod see the link below.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/StoryProgression

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Junan

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 01:18:39 PM »
I don't personally use Nraas's Story Progression mod anymore. But from what I remember it gives you more story mode options in which some of them can go in great detail, depending on if you've got the add-ons to the base mod.

If you want more information on the mod see the link below.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/StoryProgression

MrsFlynn

Hm, I looked at all that; too much details to put it bluntly, wouldn't know where to start...anyway, does it affect every save going? Or does it affect one save only?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 01:58:26 PM »
You know, I am not sure on that. But I'm guessing that yes after you install the mod it would be effective in all saves.

For example I have Nraas Traffic to stop the ice cream and food trucks from being in-game. It has stopped both of them from showing up in my different save games that I have in my current Sims 3 folder.

MrsFlynn
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Squark

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 05:18:30 PM »
Story Progression will only work in saves where you enable it via the pop-up, actually.  It is the exception rather than the rule with mods, though.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 05:18:17 PM »
The story progression mod is awesome.  It controls the whole town, and they all get in relationships, get married, and have kids.  It also controls aspects of their careers, and they get promotions.  Also, if a townie is in a career that doesn't match their lifetime wish, it will reassign that career to them.  There are a lot of settings that let you control how your town functions.  I believe the skill extension pushes the sims to level up skills that are needed for their careers, etc.  More so than just story progression itself.  This is a superb mod, and it is very well made.  It makes sims 3 1,000 times better, in my opinion.

Offline Junan

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 11:00:34 PM »
Story Progression will only work in saves where you enable it via the pop-up, actually.  It is the exception rather than the rule with mods, though.

Where is this pop-up likely to be located in the game? Little details like this are what prepare me for usage.

Nice to know it can be switched on and off though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015, 01:03:49 PM »
If I remember correctly it can be turned on/off at City Hall. Hoping @Squark will let us know if this is correct or not? As it's not one of the mods I have installed. But that is how I turn the mods I do have on/off and tweak their settings.

MrsFlynn

Offline Squark

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2015, 03:12:17 PM »
When you load a game for the first time after installing NRAAS story progression or create a new town, you should see a pop-up that will pause the game, asking you if you want to enable or disable it. You can also manage most nraas mods from City Hall, but I rely mostly on default settings so I don't play around with that much.

Offline Cordy

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2015, 01:35:52 PM »
You can also turn on/off any Nrass mods by clicking on any computer in game.

Offline Junan

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2015, 06:03:15 PM »
Late update, I know...

I decided to download and install it with the modules Careers, Relationships and Skill and, not wanting to risk my favourite save, launched a new save in Starlight Shores.

I see the effects working by means of the stories generated; I'm catching the likes of Kirsten, Conrad, Calvin etc. gain many skills across two game days (like Conrad went from 0 to 2 in fishing and Sadie go from 0 to 5 in writing). and caught two stories of steady relationships in the process. This is further amplified by Holly Robins, across 1 week, gaining four magician promotions as well.

One funny story I did catch was when Catherine Best didn't go to work until much later (probably 'cause I disabled the work push on pregnant Sims, which told me one thing) and, unlike normal story progression, the game only notifies the player to go to work instead of informing of carpool arrival which is a bit interesting. Another thing, since frequent moves bug me a lot, I did disable the Broken Home setting and enabled the Prompt on failed home inspection which saved me a lot of trouble.

Edit: Recent story between Sadie Mason and Rich Richmond detailed an unexpected pregnancy (which resulted in me searching for that figure and dumb it down from 5% to 2%). Was interesting to see the resulting marriage from it though.

Side question: Does the liquid job booster elixir work properly with this?

anything