Author Topic: Freezing/crashing while in build mode - possibly due to CC  (Read 7237 times)

Offline Anindya

• Nooboo
Freezing/crashing while in build mode - possibly due to CC
« on: November 01, 2015, 01:59:22 AM »
So , this keep happening since 1 - 2 weeks ago. When i was decorating my house or shop and while i choose an clutter , sculpture or whatever in decoration it will crash or freeze. I tried to find a bad or broken cc with modconflictdetector and remove all broken and duplicate mods. But it's still happening. I think that because of i used a lot of pose ? I tried to remove it and still the same. I tried to follow all of the step in this forum and did the factory reset. And it's still happening! :(
When i tried to CAS for 1 hour there are no single crash or freezing. Just in build mode especially in decoration. Is it because i dont have the newest patch and download a cc that worked in the lastest patch or what ? Before 2 weeks ago i could play for 6 six hours without a crash or freezing. But... now ? Why?
Can someone help me or have a same problem with me ? :(
Please anyone, help me :'(

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Freezing/crashing while in build mode
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 02:05:10 AM »
Does the crashing/freezing happen in a new game?

If you are playing with older mods and/or custom content you may want to move your Mods folder and save it to your desktop or some where safe and then try playing the game again.

Does it still crash/freeze while playing? If not then it's more than likely a outdated mod or custom content. As most mods and/or custom content have to be updated after a new patch has been released.

If you find that it maybe outdated cc or mods you can look at the thread below for tips.

Custom Content and Mods (Install/Remove)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,23495.0.html

I would definitely try updating your game to the current patch as well. Just to make sure you're able to play a smoother game.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Anindya

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 08:14:49 AM »
Thank you for your help.. now i tried to organizing mods first then i will try to find outdated cc or bad cc.. i want to ask you 2 more question for you, is it ok? 1. Do you know some programs that can view what type cc i mean is that cc hair , objects , etc??
2. If i have patch 1.10 and i download cc that is compatible with patch 1.11 , the cc will make game crashing too ? Or it will make game crashing just when the cc is outdated ?? Thank you for your help.. and i hope you want to answer my question :((( once again , thank you ! Youre a really big help :*

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 02:25:24 PM »
I personally don't know of anything that will help view custom content. I don't think there is any programs like that. But I could be wrong. However if you ask in that part of the forum. There might be someone who might be able to help better.

Sims 4 - Mods
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/board,76.0.html

My game won't let me play if it's not updated to the current patch level. So I don't know if it will or won't crash on custom content made for one patch, but compatible with another.

Since it seems the crashing/freezing is mostly due to mods and/or custom content I will move this to the Mods board to see if you can get better help.

MrsFlynn
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Dellena

Re: Freezing/crashing while in build mode - possibly due to CC
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 08:22:23 PM »
It's never good to mix new CC with an unpatched game.  My suggestion would be to move your whole mods folder somewhere else like your desktop.  Then start a fresh game - NOT one of your saves.  Try playing a fresh game without any mods at all and see if you still have the crashes.

Oh, you'll want to clear your cache files as well.

Delete Game Cache Files

If you can play without crashing then something is very wrong in your mods folder.

Offline Anindya

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 11:53:45 AM »
Guys finally i found out the bad cc. I deleted some cc which have a size between 0-10 kb. Because when i search to the other simmer , @gamingmermaid (i found her on youtube) said , cc that have a 0 kb can make a game not worked and i tried to find the cc and deleted it. I checked my game after deleted that cc and while i opened the clutter (this part was my crash problem) and not crashed! So i think thats because of cc that only have size 0-10kb. I hope this can help anyone who have a same problem with me.
And i really want to say thank you for your help @Mrsflynn and @Dellena 😘😘

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 12:03:37 PM »
I'm happy to hear that you were able to get the problem sorted out. It's really frustrating when outdated/bad cc or a mod is messing up your game.

We're happy we could help. :)

MrsFlynn

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.