Author Topic: Game still freezing up  (Read 1681 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Game still freezing up
« on: October 31, 2015, 03:10:47 PM »
Hi, I just tried this again, w/this game the only thing running and my video card drivers completely updated and it still freezes up. This is w/a single sim in a very small 1 room house w/very few things. So, I'm thinking that this must be their programming. At least in part.

Oh yes, and my specs are: win 7/64 bit, 24 gig RAM, Intel i-7, 3.20 gig processor, Page file: 6240 megs used of which currently (w/sims the only program running) there is 42891 megs available. Video: GeForce GTX 970 w/4 gig RAM. So as  you can see, it's MORE than enough to run the sims smoothly.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Re: Game still freezing up
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 12:10:33 PM »
Actually, my game *still* freezes up from time to time. I just have to live w/it. : /

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 10:16:50 PM »
Hi @Sonshine

I split your topic away from Sone's so we can try to help you directly. Can you explain in as much detail as possible what's happening with your game?

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 11:41:11 AM »
My game would freeze/stutter a lot.  Then I switched to windows10 and most of the problems I had with my games just went away.  It somehow cleared up a lot of problems I wasn't even aware I had, moved a lot of stuff to a different, inaccessible drive, and voila.  No more freezing/stuttering.  It was a royal pain to install though.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 01:25:15 AM »
Sounds almost like a good idea Joria except transferring everything. Last night, when I went to play w/nothing else going, the game just froze up solid. She spent 12 sim hrs feeding her baby, LOL. I quit and reloaded and it worked fine except for small freeze ups. This is actually the first good thing I've heard for win 10.

Dellena

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2015, 02:59:31 AM »
I'm not sure if this has been asked but does your freezing sim have a lot in their personal inventory?

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 12:35:36 AM »
To answer your question Dellena, yes, she did have quite a bit of stuff n her inventory. I removed most of it. We'll see if the game in that household plays better, but I've played another household (the one w/the two body builders) and they both had very little in their inventory and the game would still freeze up for short periods. I'm not sure if it's the game software or my comp to be honest.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 12:54:26 AM »
Hi Sonshine,

To help troubleshoot the freezing, can you tell us what you've tried on the list that's linked?

Intermittent Lagging/Freezing
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,21899.msg426179.html#msg426179

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything