Author Topic: Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Hints & Tips  (Read 9254 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Hints & Tips
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2017, 05:26:08 PM »
Until further notice, don't pick the doctor career as one that you want a heir to max. The ability to deliver a baby -- required for promotion from level 8 -- is seriously bugged. One player has failed because of it; another just asked for permission to use a cheat. It's much simpler to just not choose it.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2017, 05:35:02 PM »
Warning -- I had trouble aging up 2 toddlers in my current story. With the first, exiting and repairing the game worked. With the second, that didn't, so I decided to use the CAS.fulledit cheat since this isn't a Hall of Fame attempt. That worked, but my toddler who had maxed all the skills, did not get the Top-Notch Toddler trait or the Happy Toddler trait and is starting at 0 for his child skills.

Anyway, if you want to age up your toddlers early, you can, but if the parent keeps picking up the toddler and putting him down, I'd suggest waiting the 7 days rather than using the cheat.

@MarianT

I just encountered this same issue in my game. Repairing the game didn't work for me, but I was able to age up my toddler by taking the family to a restaurant.
We ordered a cake, lit the candles, and could age up the toddler on the first try.  I'll edit this post if this solution doesn't work on another occasion.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2018, 02:20:06 PM »
Here is a tip for those with Seasons: The second day of each Summer is a holiday called Rebate Day. You can save money on stuff in buy mode during this holiday, so if you want your Mansion Baron or Retail rivals to make a lot of money they can save a lot of money by waiting until this holiday to buy their columns, shrubs, etc. :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2018, 04:53:18 PM »
Here is a tip for those with Seasons: The second day of each Summer is a holiday called Rebate Day. You can save money on stuff in buy mode during this holiday, so if you want your Mansion Baron or Retail rivals to make a lot of money they can save a lot of money by waiting until this holiday to buy their columns, shrubs, etc. :)

Rebate Day is a boon to everyone who needs to build something, but it doesn't necessarily come on the 2nd day of Summer. I had it come in Spring. I'm working on a calendar, but I don't think the pop-up holidays are annual events. Lottery Day is another one you'll want your household to participate in: the prize is 1 million Simoleons. And the great thing about playing rotationally is that even if your current household doesn't win, there's a chance another one of yours will.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2018, 11:56:57 AM »
I've noticed when playing rotationally that my Sims' pets are always sick when I come back to them. Rather than always taking Rover or Fifi to the vet for expensive treatments, stock up on wellness treats. They cost $50 and cure almost everything. You'll probably still have to give the dog a bath, though.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2018, 12:29:36 PM »
Note of caution: don't give a wellness treat if you pet is not sick, there's a bug where it can make them permanently scared and uncomfortable.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2019, 07:04:24 PM »
Choose Lot traits over Club skill perks. Across your families, assign different lot traits for each lot (since you can only have one skill building trait per lot).

Example:
Alien 1 (founder)--Science Lair
Mansion--Natural Light
Vampire: Great Acoustics
Alien 2--Homey
Etc.

Place appropriate skilling items on each lot. Your Sims can then travel to the appropriate lot for skill building. My Alien founder's lot has the Science Lair trait and my Vampire Hunter's lot has Homey. My Gen 2 Alien will max gardening, so she travels to the Vampire Hunter lot and builds skill there by tending their garden, researching, etc, while getting the lot skill boost. Similarly, if my Vampire heir was to max logic, she could go to the Alien founder's lot and use their chess table or telescope and have her skill rate boosted. Make sense?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2019, 08:13:48 PM »
Choose Lot traits over Club skill perks. Across your families, assign different lot traits for each lot (since you can only have one skill building trait per lot).

Example:
Alien 1 (founder)--Science Lair
Mansion--Natural Light
Vampire: Great Acoustics
Alien 2--Homey
Etc.

Place appropriate skilling items on each lot. Your Sims can then travel to the appropriate lot for skill building. My Alien founder's lot has the Science Lair trait and my Vampire Hunter's lot has Homey. My Gen 2 Alien will max gardening, so she travels to the Vampire Hunter lot and builds skill there by tending their garden, researching, etc, while getting the lot skill boost. Similarly, if my Vampire heir was to max logic, she could go to the Alien founder's lot and use their chess table or telescope and have her skill rate boosted. Make sense?

Yes, that does make sense. It's a good idea.

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2019, 10:54:27 PM »
I am going to just say this much:

Dragon Quest Builders 2 Rival Dynasty challenge between the characters of Furrowfield, Khrumbul-Dun and Moonbrooke. All of them must take the Mansion aspect because their goal is to build a super-expensive home from scratch.  ;D

Yeah sorry, that was random. I am just so ** addicted to Dragon Quest Builders 2. :(

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2020, 09:23:20 PM »
On Discover University -- I've been learning a few things by making mistakes.

First, I forgot that you had to wait a couple of days to get accepted. So, hint#1, apply at the end of your Well-Educated Sim's first week. They'll have some skills then.

Then, enroll the Saturday before your Sim's turn comes up. That is, if your Well-Educated Sim is the third Sim in your rotation, switch to them on the Saturday of the second Sim. (I hope that makes sense.)

Do not switch to the rest of your household while your Sim is in class. This kicks her out of the class with a hit to her grade.

To complete the Academic aspiration, your Sim needs to attend 3 guest lectures. These take place between 5 and 7 pm. I'd advise a light course load for the first week to get these out of the way, especially if your Sim has a toddler.

anything