Author Topic: What will you want to know about Get Together?  (Read 1959 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
What will you want to know about Get Together?
« on: December 05, 2015, 07:09:03 AM »
I'll be able to release info on Get Together right away on Tuesday. I am hoping to make my guides as high quality as they can be, and want to include the little details that make them more thorough and useful to even seasoned players. To even begin that, I'd definitely like to ask what people will want to know right away about the clubs system. I realize some people won't be able to ask a question about it until it's in their hands and they're able to explore features themselves. But I'm open to suggestions; this feature is large enough that it will need to be broken into about 4 pages, as I did with retail.

I really dig in and focus on one or two things hard right away. Obviously right after that I will work on the Dance/DJ Skill pages, then get to adding miscellaneous stuff to the site, the new traits, aspiration, etc.

When we have our first impressions page up on Tuesday, you can talk about it there - I want this thread to be specifically about anything a person would like to see make it into the guide. I think for some people, learning about how the systems work may influence their decision to buy it or not, and I'd like to help with that, even if it's to help you save your money for something else :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: What will you want to know about Get Together?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 08:26:03 AM »
One thing I'd like to know is whether it's a good idea to have 5 "approved" activities and 5 "disapproved" or better to have a tighter focus for your club with fewer actions.

I also want to know whether you'd recommend joining the pre-made clubs.

For the DJ skill, I'd like to know how large the tips can get -- around $20 like for the instruments or $300 plus for the comedy routines?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 08:38:44 AM »
Great, I'm planning to get into those mechanics. You know, some activities can be multitasked - so you'd be getting club points if multiple things are happening at once. Clever usage of that can help a person get the best perks a bit faster. I can see our challenge gurus exploiting this heavily in their benefit.

Thinking outside the box on what a club is for general gameplay: Father and son make their own 'club' where they get together to watch movies together and chat, work on homework. They have their own secret handshake and they try to be happy when they get together. The system is really flexible, so while people might be thinking about big gatherings out of the home, it could also be used to facilitate bonding between Sims.

Probably going to use that bit above for my guide but this is definitely an interesting system, unique to the series as far as I know.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 11:22:12 AM »
I think I'm most interested in the club perks. Which ones are most valuable for skill-building and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tonycdh

• Townie
  • What does the llama say?
    • Me
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 06:44:32 PM »
I want to know about the elusive sea monster :-)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 06:01:13 AM »
I've focused so hard on clubs I haven't seen any sea monsters!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 11:08:05 AM »
It's been said that the sea monster is just a special effect, like the ducks in Willow Creek so completely visual.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything