Author Topic: [solved] "No interactions available" with all modded content  (Read 4264 times)

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
[solved] "No interactions available" with all modded content
« on: December 08, 2015, 12:35:08 PM »
I first noticed this issue when I installed Traveler. The Nraas menu was absent. I thought there was some conflict between this mod and another. I added other mods later, the Buy and delete imaginary friend doll and the Scribbling pad. No interactions available with the doll or the scribbling pad, and they're both said to be compatible with 1.67. All other mods work fine, but what they have in common is that they have no interaction menu. There is a serious problem with all mods having an interaction menu. And I didn't have that problem in the past, my game was already patched to the most recent version and all my mods worked fine.
So, I made a backup and restarted my game with in my folder no content other than my options.ini file, Content patch folder, and the 3 mods above. I still have the exact same problem.
I guess I won't have any other choice than uninstalling and reinstalling, but who knows, I'm not even sure if that will fix the issue. So I'd like to know if someone experienced that and what worked to solve the issue, or at least what the exact problem is. I'd really like to make my mods work again, I don't want to play without.
If you can help me, thank you in advance !

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: "No interactions available" with all modded content
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 12:59:59 PM »
Hi Candy,

I was playing a game last night and had my Sim go cook something on the stove and it gave me a No Interaction Available message. I tried different things that didn't work. What ended up working for me is a previous save. I don't know what glitched, but something in the game glitched to where my sim couldn't use the stove.

Luckily I had a semi-recent save of the game that she was able to cook. So I only lost about 1 hour of game play.

What I did try:

Reset Sim/lot and town via Nraas Master Controller
Evicted them and then moved them back
Tried different stoves

Before you try uninstalling/reinstalling the game. Try a previous save to see if that might help.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Candyd

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 01:11:43 PM »
I don't have an old save, I started noticing this glitch a month ago and my oldest save is one week old. I usually don't keep older saves because they're too heavy.
I can't even use Master Controller to fix anything, because of No interactions available, all mods are broken :(
All my saves are affected too, all my towns and all my families. I just tried playing the Keatons with my empty folder except the scribbling pad and traveler, I still have the glitch.
At least when this is fixed, I'm going to follow your advice and keep a few older saves permanently.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 01:29:17 PM »
If you have a moment, would you try something for me?

For testing purposes -

Try a factory reset and start a new game without mods, or game saves. You can put your Options.ini, if you'd like. :)

Pick a family to play to see if it is going to play okay. If it does, then put in a mod or two at a time, then play the game with the family to see if things continue to do okay. Do these steps again till you have all the mods you want installed. Checking every few mods.

If you find something isn't going right, Exit the game and take out the last couple/few mods you installed.

I remember you mentioning you have a Mac computer, but the factory reset should still work. Bluebellflora has suggested it to Mac users before.

Let me know how this works for you?

MrsFlynn

----------
Reference Link:

Sims 3 Factory Reset (Howto)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,20732.msg401814.html#msg401814
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Candyd

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 03:20:43 PM »
I did a factory reset. (I noticed that the game didn't start if I downloaded the store patch, so I didn't download it)
I chose a family, started playing, saved and quit.
I added the scribbling pad mod and started the game. No interactions available with the scribbling pad.
I did a second factory reset and did exactly the same as previously, except that I added the traveler mod instead of the scribbling pad. Still no interactions available.
I really hope that if I uninstall and reinstall, this will change or otherwise I just don't know what I'll do :(
A question that might seem a bit stupid : my game is in french. Is it possible that my problem is caused by language ?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 03:24:31 PM »
I am not sure if the language difference could be a problem. All our Sims games are in English.

MrsFlynn

Offline Candyd

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 03:33:41 PM »
I'll reinstall my game in English and see if the problem is fixed like this.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2015, 03:37:36 PM »
Okay. Let me know how it goes?

MrsFlynn

Offline Candyd

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2015, 03:39:36 PM »
Of course :)

Offline Candyd

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2015, 08:07:36 AM »
In order to not waste time, I just reinstalled base game for testing. I installed the English version. I also installed No intro and the scribbling pad. No intro works, but still no interactions available with the scribbling pad :(

Offline Ferretmania

• Occult
  • FerretmaniaDK on Origin
    • World Of Sims
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2015, 09:45:03 AM »
Have you tried downloading the mod again, just to see if it's your file that doesn't work.
I assume it's the one from ModTheSims by Buzzler.

I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;)

Raven's Immortal Dynasty

Offline Candyd

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2015, 10:33:40 AM »
Yes, it's this one. But the problem equally affects all my mods that have interaction menus.

Offline Candyd

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2015, 11:34:41 AM »
I just identified the culprit. Resource.cfg was corrupted enough to affect only scripting mods, but not enough to affect all mods.
It was entirely my fault. All is well that ends well  ;D

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2015, 11:38:39 AM »
Interesting find. Thank you for sharing that. :)

MrsFlynn

anything