Author Topic: Marriage Bug?  (Read 4241 times)

Offline HannahRJ

• Nooboo
Marriage Bug?
« on: December 15, 2015, 10:19:29 AM »
Currently my Sims are engaged/married, and have been for a while. But they still have "Get married too..." wishes appearing! I dont know why?!  >:(  Anyone know why, or experienced the same thing?

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
Re: Marriage Bug?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 12:59:13 AM »
Have they had the wedding ceremony and gotten officially married yet, or are they still engaged?  If they aren't married yet it sounds like they want to do that.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 01:31:48 AM »
I had this tonight, too. They kept getting wants to get engaged/married. I kept cancelling the wants then, when the "Become Soulmates" aspiration milestone wouldn't complete, I quit the game, cleared my cache, and repaired. When I went back in, they stopped getting those wants and the milestone was fulfilled.

I don't know if it makes a difference, but this was one of those whirlwind romances where they became boyfriend/girlfriend, got engaged, and eloped, all over the course of a couple of hours. The elopement was immediately after they got engaged. Maybe it was too fast.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 01:35:45 AM »
Soulmate has always been a bit glitchy, good to hear that repairing your game and clearing cache did the trick. Those two things can solve a lot of the smaller bugs.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline beckey76

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 07:09:36 PM »
This has happened to me since the last big patch. I just clear the whim and carry on.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 10:39:51 PM »
The get married whim might be granted if your sims renew their wedding vows. Just have one of the married sims click on the wedding arch and chose 'renew vows' and then both sims will make their way to the arch and it happens automatically. It gives a 3 day happy moodlet anyway, so it's pretty useful.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Mild Complaint About a Bug
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 07:40:36 PM »
Hi, here is a mild complaint about the wishes system bug about marriage. My sim lady never once got the wish to marry her sweetheart until *after* they were married! I've seen this before and really wish they would fix it. Of course this is only a very mild and annoying bug, there are many more that are more important to fix. This one is just annoying, lol.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 08:05:17 PM »
I'm wondering if this bug is related to the Soulmate Aspiration?

[BUG] Soulmate Aspiration - Won't Register Soulmates
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Romance-Aspiration-Soulmate-Be-married-to-BFF-will-not-complete/td-p/3457911

It's marked in the AHQ thread as solved. But if there are still issues, you can go to the link provided in that thread and post about your experience and click Me too on the first post in the thread.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything