Author Topic: Club meetings - standing around  (Read 4178 times)

Offline Cikaf

• Nooboo
Club meetings - standing around
« on: December 17, 2015, 06:42:50 AM »
Is anyone else having a problem with Sims just stopping and standing or sitting stuck on an action during club meetings at Sims' homes? A while after a meeting has started they just stick on whatever they're doing until they're reset. Standing around has always been a bit of an issue but until now they'd usually eventually get on with whatever they should be doing. Ending the club meeting doesn't help as all the visiting Sims are standing around too and don't leave until the home Sims are reset.

Offline tonycdh

• Townie
  • What does the llama say?
    • Me
Re: Club meetings - standing around
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 10:46:40 AM »
Yes. I've had this happen a few times. My main sin just gets stuck so I have to reset him.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 03:05:37 PM »
Have you tried the usual fixes of clearing the cache files, doing a factory reset or repairing the game in Origin? They don't always work on all bugs, but sometimes they do, so it's worth a shot.

(sorry I can't link to the chapters that show you how to do what I just suggested, but I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to links in posts. I'm sure @MrsFlynn would be able to steer you in the right direction. She's our own personal Crinrict!)
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 03:13:16 PM »
Link to deleting cache files. Also a lot of great advice if you scroll up and down on the page. MrsFlynn has got so many great tips to help your game run smoothly.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 03:19:29 PM »
Thanks @Playalot I really need to learn how to do these inline link things lol
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 03:32:15 PM »
This issue may be related to the Queues being dropped/stuff added (aka toilet/shower bug)

However, here are the links to things Magpie suggest to try.

Delete Game Cache
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,21899.msg401662.html#msg401662

Sims 4 Factory Reset - HowTo
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,21899.msg401669.html#msg401669

Repair Game - You can repair packs and the base game separately. Right-click on whatever pack or you want to and select Repair Game. Then go back to Base Game, and right-click on it and select Repair Game.

Reset Sim - resetsim [firstname lastname]

If that doesn't work, and your sim or household is still stuck. Evict the household and then move them back in.

1. Go to manage world.
2. Evict current household.
3. Then move household back into their house.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 03:54:15 PM »
The toilet bug has now been fixed @MrsFlynn in the most recent patch

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 04:36:41 PM »
Yes, the bathroom part of the bug has been fixed. But players are reporting they're still having queuing issues. This is why I mentioned it. Just in case the game is acting odd due to the bugs.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2015, 04:57:00 PM »
Oh no..really. Rats, my games been 100% fine since I repaired both TS4 and GT. 

Offline Cikaf

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2015, 06:02:21 AM »
Have you tried the usual fixes of clearing the cache files, doing a factory reset or repairing the game in Origin? They don't always work on all bugs, but sometimes they do, so it's worth a shot.

(sorry I can't link to the chapters that show you how to do what I just suggested, but I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to links in posts. I'm sure @MrsFlynn would be able to steer you in the right direction. She's our own personal Crinrict!)

Thanks, yes, I tried all those before I came here. Then I created smaller clubs and tried again. Everything went along fine for a little while then it happened again. I still haven't tried anything off the home lot so I don't know if it's the same. My Sims don't get out much, I pretty much keep their noses to the grindstone but in any case having meetings on the home lot is useful for reward points. It's a pain - I feel as if I can't get to know the EP as well as I'd like to if I can't have club meetings unless I'm prepared to keep resetting.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2015, 05:35:20 PM »
@Cikaf is the standing around linked to your sim having a change in emotions? There is a bug that causes all sims on the active lot to freeze until the emotions changes. The only way around this I know of is to hit pause and wait until the change happens and then the game should run as normal, well until another sim has a change of emotion anyway.

Offline Cikaf

• Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2015, 12:02:13 AM »
@Cikaf is the standing around linked to your sim having a change in emotions? There is a bug that causes all sims on the active lot to freeze until the emotions changes. The only way around this I know of is to hit pause and wait until the change happens and then the game should run as normal, well until another sim has a change of emotion anyway.

Ah, interesting, I hadn't spotted that one. I'll check it out next time I play. I suppose you could move mood altering items next to them when you pause to speed a mood change, or better, make one room in the house the club room with mood items and anything they need for point-scoring actions. A bit of a pain when you've got several clubs going but better than the constant freezing.

Excited now (I don't get out much ... :P) - I hope that's the problem!

Offline Cikaf

• Nooboo
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2015, 06:38:27 AM »
Pausing works pretty much immediately - queue up an action for them to do, pause, the action drops down and they perform it as soon as you unpause. So irritating and I hope they fix it but at least it's fairly quick to deal with.

Many thanks for the help.

Offline meubanks

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2016, 08:07:47 AM »
Sometimes just canceling the stuck event from the queue can get them moving again. My game has been running smoothly of late though. There are still MANY annoying bugs in this game, but they have been fairly on top of the truly game breaking ones.

anything