Author Topic: Outdoor Retreat hard copy?  (Read 2292 times)

Offline Janna

• Watcher
Outdoor Retreat hard copy?
« on: December 23, 2015, 01:46:43 PM »
I picked up a copy of Sims 4 yesterday at Gamestop and they said that I couldn't get a hard copy of Outdoor Retreat.

I didn't think to ask them if it was just their store, but when I looked at Best Buy they didn't have any hardcopies for sale either, they had was where you had to buy a code.

Is that the only way I can get a copy of it, download?

Computer arrives today (I am on pins and needles waiting) and Sunday I think we will take it to Best Buy on Sunday I think to get the info from old to the new one.  Then, let them delete from the old and dispose of it for me. 
Josh is worried about letting them do it, as our tax info is on it.  I plan on watching them to make sure it is deleted if I can. 
Either way, I need to let them transfer all of my files of papers and homework from college, photos, and other stuff to the new one.  Most of my games I have the hard copies or on Steam and Origin, so I am not worried about any games except Sims 3. 
There will be enough room and the computer I think is powerful enough that I can even add to it the extension packs I had to take off.  Island Paradise, maybe Pets and I can't remember the other one   ???    :)  ; maybe even add another one.   

Also, Merry Christmas to everyone, hope you have a happy and safe one.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Outdoor Retreat hard copy?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 02:17:43 PM »
It looks like it may only be available via download only. I tried searching it via Amazon, and all I was able to find is the downloadable version.

http://www.amazon.com/Sims-Outdoor-Retreat-Online-Game/dp/B00S00IJH8

If I remember correctly, I read somewhere that game packs and stuff packs may be download only. That the only content that may come on disc for Sims 4 is the expansions. But please don't quote me on this.

** More Information can be found here

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 07:08:26 PM »
First,  sorry I posted in the wrong area.

That is what I figured, I had checked a few sites but was hoping I was wrong and someone knew where I could find a hard copy

Oh well, that is life.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 07:15:54 PM »
That's okay, Thank you for asking!! I went searching for an answer and was able to find some pretty good information. I added the link to my post. :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 10:56:28 PM »
Since I have to download it (Outdoor Retreat), I will do it from here.

I do have a question, can I buy it now and not download it?  I won't have my replacement computer until after Christmas, probably sometime during the first week of Jan.  The special will be over by then, deadline is the 27th of this month.

With the savings, I was planning on buying Outdoor Retreat and going ahead and buying Get to Work.  I'd rather have a hard copy, but the savings is too good to pass up. 

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 11:17:32 PM »
I'm just going to quote MrsFlynn here as her answer is perfect:

"Yes you have that option in Origin. After the packs are purchased they are immediately added to your account. You can download them anytime you want through the Origin client. This works for any expansion/game/stuff pack.

You can also backup the install files of the whole game, so you don't have to redownload it all later.

How-To: Backup and Restore The Sims 4 From Origin
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,21193.0.html  "
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2015, 05:27:29 PM »
Thanks, will do so when I get my new computer.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.