Author Topic: Can't find custom house?  (Read 7825 times)

Offline DLRush

• Nooboo
Can't find custom house?
« on: December 27, 2015, 09:22:22 AM »
Hello,
I'm new to the sims 4 (but not the sims series). I only downloaded and installed the game a few weeks ago.

I've downloaded some custom houses and figured out that I have to extract all the: .blueprint, .trayitem, and .bpi files into the "Tray" folder in C:\Users\(user)\Documents\Electronic Arts. I do that, then start the game, and the houses aren't in my gallery. So I exit the game and open the tray folder again, and the new files aren't there anymore?! I don't know what to do. The other mods that I have in my "Mods" folder work fine but not anything I put in the "Tray" folder.

Is this a known issue with the game? Does this happen to anyone else?

Thanks for any help anyone can give me!

Dellena

Re: Can't find custom house?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 11:07:24 AM »
I've only gotten houses from the gallery.  So I'm not sure what procedure to do for anything not on the gallery.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Can't find custom house?
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 02:33:50 PM »
There isn't anything wrong with the Tray folder itself. It sounds like you may be looking in the wrong place for the houses you've downloaded outside of the gallery.

When I unzip the houses to my Tray Folder, they show up in my in-game library.

To see the house/lot in library: You will need to select View Content By: Others to see the house, unless you made it. Select All. -- Also look for Advanced menu and make sure that the Include Custom Content box has a check mark in it to see creations that include CC.

Hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *