Author Topic: Khan-Doe Family Empire (updated 4/01/2016) Completed  (Read 44498 times)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: Khan-Doe Family Empire (updated 3/15/2016)
« Reply #165 on: March 15, 2016, 07:16:15 PM »
@oshizu , I'm not sure about  the eyes. It's been a long time since I played Flip as a toddler. These two are cuties though.

@Deklitch , I don't think an insane witch will be any worse than any other witch. Just be prepared for scorched butts as usual.

Flip took over Maggie’s training and got it done in one day.

She got to spend the rest of the day having fun and getting snuggles from her daddy.

Max: The little man’s head is really flat.
Maggie: *chomp, chomp, chomp*

Max: Diva!

The next day Maggie had her birthday. Her traits are now Neurotic, Insane, and Never Nude. This just keeps getting better.

Maggie wanted to learn to paint. Her art is quite unique.

Maggie: If you would just move this stereo, I could stare out the window much better.

Maggie, the school bus is coming in a few minutes and you’re getting all dirty.
Maggie: Hey you bought this amazing thing, and I’m not wearing my formal wear. Count your blessings.

No comment.

Isla: What’s the matter, Flip? You seem upset.
Flip: Max called me a diva. Again.
Isla: Maybe I can cheer you up.

Isla: Yep, I cheered him up alright.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #166 on: March 16, 2016, 03:47:27 PM »
Haha, Maggie's traits! Wow!

Does Gunther always look so intense? I guess I should google an image of his "father."
Such beautiful toddlers--I hope to see them as teens soon!
And baby N is also on the way.  So much happening!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #167 on: March 16, 2016, 05:11:45 PM »
The sporcle quiz I did yesterday was to write out the nato alphabet. Thank you @KRae for your help!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: Khan-Doe Family Empire (updated 3/16/2016)
« Reply #168 on: March 16, 2016, 07:37:51 PM »
@oshizu , Actually, Gun spends most of his time dancing the smustle.

@Deklitch , You're welcome. It just show that you never know what random info you cram into your brain might be useful.

Max had his teen birthday. Yikes!

Okay, he looks much better in his close-up. His traits are Disciplined, Perceptive, Diva, and Good Sense of Humor. He is now an employee at the grocery store.

Mike is now magic to the tenth degree. All her requirements have been completed. She supermaxed street art, is street credible, a level 10 magician, and has purchased Magic Mike’s Party Warehouse. Not that it counts, but Gun has supermaxed gardening and is a level 10 gardener.

Maggie was only 2 days behind Max in becoming a teen.

Maggie may have the best random traits ever:  Neurotic, Insane, Never Nude, and Brooding.

Maggie: Watcher, you are exactly why I am Never Nude.
Understood and ignored.

Isla had an uneventful pregnancy and childbirth. Been there, done that.

Little November Khan-Doe was taken to his birthday cake straight away.

November is a Heavy Sleeper and Excitable.

Isla: This picture is representative of your entire training experience, November. You need to say something cute about marriage.
November: Too much pressure.

And with that, November became a Child.
He added the Ambitious trait.

November: My ambition is to make every sand castle in sim imagination.

He never lacks for company.

Mike seemingly opened up a portal to the fiery pit. I evidently have more imagination than sims as they walk right over it.

Maggie: Yes, that’s exactly what clouds look like.
I love neurotic artists.

Maggie: I love my mausoleum job. I got a promotion. I quit.

Mike and family had been waiting for Maggie to just get on the honor roll already. It wasn’t Maggie’s fault – weekends happen. Soon they packed up and moved to this house across the street from the beach. They will be missed, especially Maggie.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #169 on: March 16, 2016, 07:43:51 PM »
They're gone already!?!?!  But Maggie was such a pretty sim!
November has the same little eyebrows as Max.

You keep mentioning fairies and dancing, but Gunther has such a stern look that it's hard to imagine him always dancing.  :)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: Khan-Doe Family Empire (updated 3/17/2016)
« Reply #170 on: March 17, 2016, 11:33:45 AM »
@oshizu , Gunther Goth has the grumpy trait so he may have been designed to look stern.

Flip: It’s gotten too quiet around here.
Oh, come on. The Mike crew has been gone for 10 minutes at the most.

After a quick snuggle and bottle, tiny Nan Landgraab was given a teddy bear and a birthday cake. She’s a mermaid! I didn’t see that coming.

Nan is a Disciplined Neurotic. I love neurotics. They always wish to clean stuff. Sounds like me.

Nan had just enough time to learn the ins and outs of the potty before falling asleep in exhaustion.

Toddlers can’t have the irresistible trait, but Nan is pretty irresistible just the same.

Isla: When you get older, you’ll need to be careful around the fire. We’ll probably just have to put it out.
Nan: But Nan loves the cozy fire!

Time for cake again.
Nan: I get to eat some this time.

After eating cake which, of course did not fill her hunger bar, Nan hit the mirror and dresser.
She’s now Artistic because I couldn’t resist having another neurotic painter.

Hi, Nan, what are you painting?
Nan: I’m not sure, but if I listen carefully, the canvas will tell me.

Nan: I love this little window. I can stare at the world without it staring back.

It was soon November’s teen birthday.
Novi: No, I don’t want Dad’s hair!

Novi got a job at the mausoleum and changed his hair. He now has the Savvy Sculptor trait. Due to his sandcastle building, he started at level 4.

Nan got home from perhaps her only day at school. She was tired of always being a little hungry, and decided she didn’t want to be a mermaid anymore. (I’ve had terrible trouble with glitchy kelp in the past).

Nan: Listen carefully to the clay, Novi. It will tell you what to do.

Novi listens carefully.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: Khan-Doe Family Empire (updated 3/17/2016)
« Reply #171 on: March 19, 2016, 05:27:07 AM »
Little Nancy's even more adorable than Gunther was :).

Nice to have the sandcastle/sculpting skill carryover confirmed - I've still not got round to trying that one.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: Khan-Doe Family Empire (updated 3/19/2016)
« Reply #172 on: March 19, 2016, 11:19:51 AM »
@hazelnut , Novi built each sandcastle at least twice. I wasn't sure how much it would take to trigger the skill. All credit for this goes to @Malley .

Before long, Nan joined November in teenhood.
Nan: I’m cute!

Being a girly-girl, Nan changed her clothes and hair. She is now a Heavy Sleeper. When a burglar comes, no one gets up.

Novi made his first ice sculpture, a laundry bin.
That’s great. Now sell it and clean up the pile of laundry that just appeared on the bathroom floor.

Flip interrupted Nan’s vital sandbox time for some tutoring.

Nan took her birthday cake to Kilo’s Karaoke so as not to interrupt Novi’s vital sculpting time.

Nan’s traits are now Neurotic, Disciplined, Artistic, Heavy Sleeper, and Family Oriented.

Nan may be all grown up now, but she still communicates with her canvas.

Two days later, Novi completed his requirements and joined Nan in young adulthood.
Novi:  No, the hair’s back!

November’s traits are Heavy Sleeper, Exicitable, Ambitious, Savvy Sculptor, and Family Oriented.

In the art studio, Novi and Nan realize just how much they have in common.

Novi and Nan got engaged. Novi immediately wished to marry Nan. Flip and Isla wished to see Novi get married the second he had his birthday. Nan…nothing.

They went out to celebrate…

…and had pictures to prove it, until November ripped them up.

What happens in the photo booth may stay in the photo booth, but sometimes there are consequences.

Sometimes they are happy consequences.

Secret techniques of a Master Sculptor.

Right before going into labor, Nan finally wished to marry Novi and just to get married in general. So finally with their little floorboo witnesses, they were wed.

Good luck, tiny boys. With four Family Oriented adults in the house, you won’t get much alone time.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #173 on: March 19, 2016, 12:27:07 PM »
Novi and Nan make a handscome couple! One of their parents' finest creations in terms of looks.
Hilarious that the game keeps giving November the same hairstyle as Flip.
I was surprised that November autonomously tore up the photos.
Did you get a notification or thought bubble explaining why. So funny!

I've never played Supernatural--why would a mermaid be undesirable from the standpoint of your challenge?

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #174 on: March 19, 2016, 05:06:28 PM »
I can't take full credit for this discovery, but thanks  ;D I think Hazelnut first pointed it out in one of her stories (I think it was the Household Skills challenge) and then I just put two and two together.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #175 on: March 20, 2016, 12:33:00 AM »
Mermaids are just annoying because they need to swim every so often or they die, they need to eat kelp or they die... At least, that's what I can remember from the last time I played Island Paradise (which is the EP they came with) they're worse than vampires bunnies for the way they populate a world...

Oh wow, pink male floorboos :-D I'm having Waverley flashbacks lol ;-D

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: Khan-Doe Family Empire (updated 3/20/2016)
« Reply #176 on: March 21, 2016, 12:29:32 AM »
@Malley , Here's a quick thank you to @hazelnut too. Starting at level four is such a plus with the sculpting supermax.

@oshizu , sims always rip up the photos after woohoo in the booth. I just love their facial expression. Magpie is right, the mermaids are annoying. They are very high maintenance. They can eat regular food, but it doesn't fill their hunger bar. They need to eat raw fish or kelp and I almost lost a game file due to glitchy kelp. As adults they need to swim in the ocean or lose their mermaidiness (what I usually have them do). They get dehydrated easily (a fire makes it worse) and need to bathe often.

@Magpie2012 , They aren't just pink, they're PINK!

Novi and Nan named their firstborn Neal. Neal’s traits are Friendly and Loves the Outdoors and he’s blond! I see a lot of his mom and dad in him.

His brother Nemo Is a Clumsy Genius. He has Nan’s eye shape. These boys are so pink, they sort of glow.

Nan and Novi took a break from art to train their toddlers. There is no faster way to become best friends.

They left Nemo alone for just a moment and Flip jumped in and started teaching him to walk. Hey, I wanted the parents to do that!

Flip wanted to go fishing so I sent him off to a remote pond to get him out of the way. He found this cozy spot to reread Totally Preggers for the umpteenth time instead.

After training the kids, November finished his 35th sculpture which was also his 25th ice sculpture. Progress! (Nan has already supermaxed painting and reached level 10 in her painting career.)

Neal’s very best friend, Grandpa Flip, took him to his birthday cake.

Neal added the trait Virtuoso. It’s so nice to have unique looking kids.

Somehow Flip was not Nemo’s best friend, so his mother got to take him to his cake.

Other than being bright pink, Nemo looks so much like Nan. His new trait is Neat.

Flip and Isla were big enough nerds for a while that they got to choose an extra trait. They both chose Heavy Sleeper. That means that when this burglar came only the little boys responded.
Nemo: Stop with the noise already! Just take the alarm and go!
For some reason, Neal went out the back door and walked the long way around the house. The action was pretty over by the time he got there.

They shared some 3am pieces of cake.
Neal: Why do we only eat cake?
Nemo: Watcher wants to see if we can ever use it up.

There are Neat sims and then there are NEAT sims. Nemo is a NEAT!!! Sim.

The whole family enjoys the sandbox except for Nemo…too messy.

Birthday time so soon?
Neal: My head is suddenly very cold.
It glows too.

Okay, I can look at you without hurting my eyes now.
Neal’s traits are Friendly, Loves the Outdoors, Virtuoso, and Dramatic.

It was Nemo’s turn next.
Nemo: At least I have hair.

Nemo’s traits are Clumsy, Genius, Neat, and Brave. An odd mix.

My little blondies are just growing up too fast.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #177 on: March 21, 2016, 01:40:45 AM »
Thank you both for explaining about mermaids. They do seem to require special care, but I love how they look.
I guess they'd be a hindrance when one is trying to move forward quickly or have a huge family.

Awww, poor Flip, lol!

Are the boys that pink because of the color of their mom's former scales?
Neal aged up to a child with such a "unique" hairstyle. Did you choose that for him or was it random?
Max and Maggie are still my faves!

P.S. Why is November always in his undies? He was dressed for his sons' birthday cakes-I almost didn't recognize him, haha.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #178 on: March 21, 2016, 03:49:36 AM »
Yeah, mermaids are a pain!

Holy Jiminy Cricket! Wow! I see what you mean, not even Franco Waverley was THAT PINK! But, they are so freaking cute that it works for them lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: Khan-Doe Family Empire (updated 3/21/2016)
« Reply #179 on: March 21, 2016, 10:28:38 AM »
@oshizu , Isla is on the rainbow slider so she could have kids of most any color. As far as the undies go, since November works at home, he seems to rarely feel the need to get dressed. Kind of like my yoga pants and sweatshirt work from home days, I guess. Oh, and Neal actually aged up bald that time too.

@Magpie2012 , I don't know, Franco is pretty durn pink. One last comment about the mermaids, in my last Lifestates Dynasty my second generation was a mermaid - mistake. I got him the permanent mermaid ltr as soon as possible, but what a pain.

While his boys were busy growing up, November was busy at his sculpting station. This stone sculpture was the last needed to complete his supermax. He needed less than $10,000 to reach the top of his career.

Neal got a guitar for his birthday, and even though his first efforts were a little painful, everyone enjoyed it.

There hadn’t been time for tutoring on the twins’ birthday, but Flip made sure they had an A by their second day of school.

The next evening, the boys began their first shift at the mausoleum, dressed most appropriately in their swim trunks and whatever shirt they pulled out of the rag bin. Of course shoes on a cold stone floor would be just silly.

The next day was Saturday, and the twins decided to visit the park. Although Nemo is a genius, this was the first time he wished to play chess.

Neal, however, had been wanting to play the guitar at the park since he first started to play.

Someone really needs to talk to Golf about the unsanitary conditions at the park.

Isla: Are you ready to try for one last baby?
Flip: You have to ask?

Nemo: So Grandma Isla, I’ve made the beds and done the dishes. Would you please just take out the garbage?
See, Neat and Brave.

Of course Isla picked that moment to realize that was indeed pregnant and Nemo ended up cleaning up the trash anyway.
Isla: Heh, heh.

Neal and Nemo: We quit. We hear there are actually part-time jobs where you get to wear shoes.
Voice on phone: Not in this town, kid.

Unless this sculpture is worth less than $200 (it wasn’t), November would reach the top of his career.

Time for a little autonomous celebration.

They continued the celebration at the bistro, where various family members questioned the quality of each other’s brains.

The next day while the boys were in the process of getting on the honor roll, Isla went into labor.

The adults in the family were very supportive.

Oh my, a tiny pale green girl! I’m going to need to go back and look at baby pictures to see if anyone else has been green.

As soon as the kids got home from school, the November clan moved to this really nice house across town.

November had completed his lifetime wish, Living in the Lap of Luxury, supermaxed sculpting, become a level 10 sculptor, and purchased November’s Swap Shop.
Fourteen down, one to go.

anything