Author Topic: Graphical Issues (CC related) *Fixed!!*  (Read 2504 times)

Offline xK-la

• Nooboo
Graphical Issues (CC related) *Fixed!!*
« on: December 29, 2015, 12:14:52 AM »
I've recently gotten an Alienware 17 and have gone back to the Sims 3 as I dislike TS4 however I have spent all day trying to fix the issue with my sims skin and her tattoos within the game and am having no luck in fixing it.  I have also included a picture of an accessory CC that just doesn't show up properly either.

My graphics card is an Nvidia Geforce GTX 880M.

imagehost
The above image is actually with the packages folder completely removed.

free image hosting

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Graphical Issues (CC related)
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 12:41:08 AM »
Check to see if the video card drivers need to be updated? If that doesn't help, you may need to contact the person who made it or the site you downloaded it from.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xK-la

• Nooboo
Re: Graphical Issues (Mod related)
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 12:45:44 AM »
I have just updated my original post to include an image of my game CC free with the same skin pixelation showing and according to Nvidia's Geforce Experience app, my driver is updated :(

imagehost

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 01:06:58 AM »
The best that I can think of then is to try to contact the person who made the custom content or the website you downloaded it from to see if they may be of better help.

I keep looking at the photos and not seeing much of a difference in any of them. The skin and tattoos look fine to me in all the photos.

** Edit to add: It may be bad custom content?

Check on the 3rd Party Custom Content
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,20732.msg401824.html#msg401824

Still not seeing the difference.. I'm still looking at the photos too, to see if I can see any difference.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline xK-la

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 01:30:01 AM »
If you look at the skin and around the tattoos you will notice little pixels everywhere. That is my issue :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 01:36:10 AM »
Oh my goodness.. Thank you for pointing that out.. I kept racking my brain trying to see what the differences were.

Now I see that the tattoo on the leg looks a little blurrier (in the last photo)  than the one before it (2nd to last photo). And the jacket's print looks a little blotchier - if that makes any sense?

Hubby and I are testing an idea of what it might be. I'll post the findings soon.

Thank you for letting me try to troubleshoot this with you!!

Offline xK-la

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 01:55:06 AM »
Yes that's it! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2015, 01:56:46 AM »
Here's what we found:

The problem has to do with the way the game engine works. It looks nicer and has more definition in Create a Household than it does in the game. The lower definition in the game helps the game run faster.

With simpler patterns like those found in the game or store items, it's not as noticeable. But when you are using more complex patterns (you can especially see this with the tattoo), the game can't display it as sharply due to the lower definition textures.

Offline xK-la

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2015, 02:31:34 AM »
Ohhhhhh I see! Thank you! I thought it was odd for such a good graphics card but glad that its normal :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2015, 02:41:27 AM »
I thought it was odd as well - that a good graphics card like yours was doing that. I had Hubby look at the photos and he mentioned something and he loaded up a game save of his and showed me that in CAS things look different than they do in-game. Specially with custom content patterns.

I've noticed that before, but couldn't figure out what was going on. Now I know.

I'm happy we were able to figure it out!! :)

Again, Thank you for asking and letting us troubleshoot the problem with you.

anything