Author Topic: No option to set front door  (Read 5024 times)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
No option to set front door
« on: January 08, 2016, 08:13:08 PM »
I was doing some remodeling on my sims house. Added some rooms, put it on a foundation and built a porch. After coming back to live model I notice a visiting sim came through the front of the house and knocked on the back door from inside the house.
ok, No problem I thought, the front door got unset so I click on the door and the only option that comes up is to lock the door, no option to set it as the front door.
I tried deleting the catch files, repair the game, saved the house to my library and put it back. Then I thought this started after I edited the house so I went back to build mode and dropped the foundation back down to the ground. Back to live mode and still no set as front door option so I went and deleted the porch and checked again and I could once again set the front door.
So I thought maybe it was the porch that done, so I figured a foundation with no porch and just add steps. So I put the house back on a foundation and once again I couldn't set a front door.
The only way I can set a front door is if the house has no foundation. If I raise the house the front door goes to being the inside of the back door. :(
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: No option to set front door
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 08:20:35 PM »
The only thing I can think of is that it's a game-play glitch. Here's something that Crinrict wrote up on it.

http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/11/cant-set-front-door/
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 09:03:53 PM »
Thanks @MrsFlynn at least I known it's not just something on my end.
I did figure out a kind of work around for now and can have my foundation and porch.
After I exit build mode, if I travel to another lot and come back I will have the set front door option again. But if I go into build mode again for anything even if I just open it and close it with out changing anything I lose the front door option again until I travel to another lot and come back.
It's a bit of a pain but at least I don't have sims walking through the house to knock on the inside of the backdoor to be invited in. :D

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 09:24:16 PM »
This very much sounds like a bug to me. It might be worth considering posting about it in the bug forum over at AHQ.
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
If you haven't already. If you have, please share the link - add to your 2nd post if you like. - Modify post to add the link.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 11:16:58 PM »
I went over there to post about it and found a report about it already up. It's from 9-8-2014 so it seems the problem has been around for awhile.

anything