Author Topic: Got my computer today! ! !  (Read 1941 times)

Offline Janna

• Watcher
Got my computer today! ! !
« on: January 10, 2016, 10:02:06 PM »
Best Buy called yesterday and my computer was in.  Took my old one in for them to transfer the info.  Picked it up late this morning and Josh set it up for me. 

He was only able to get two of the five speakers to work.  He has a migraine so will work more on it tomorrow.  It's supposed to be able to handle seven speakers, so don't know why there aren't enough ports. 

For some reason my favorites didn't transfer over, will need to figure out how to do that. 

The emicons (sp?) aren't showing up. 

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Got my computer today! ! !
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 10:13:05 PM »
Yay!! I'm happy to hear your computer arrived and you're able to get it set up.

Favorites sounds like it might be a browser issue? I'm not sure about the emoticons though, sorry.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 10:43:22 PM »
Congrats, Glad it finally came in for you.
Upgrading to a new computer is always a love/hate/love thing for me. I love getting the new system with more power and every thing. Then I look at the stack of programs I need to install and getting everything set up the way I wont it, then I hate it. Then after all that is done and over with I love it again. :)
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 12:06:27 AM »
@Mrs. Flynn,  I am thinking it is a browser issue, will do a search on it to see what I can do.  I don't know why on the emoticons.  If they don't pop up later on I will ask a question in the technical help section.

@grimsoul,  I know what you mean.  Thrilled to have a new computer that I can play sims 4 on, and add a couple expansions packs to my Sims 3.  Need to add Office so I can bring up my Word papers and such.
Need to get Malwarebytes, I have received a notice that I have already been hit with two malwares.  Sheesh, had it for only a few hours and already being attacked by malware.
Hating that I have to go to all the trouble of getting software, installing it, having to go to Steam, Origin, Big Fish and other sites to get them into favorites and re-download all of the games. 

At least I will be able to play Spore now, I ended up with a corrupted file and it wouldn't let me play any. 
Get them all installed, word, virus protection, simple games and Sims 4 and I will be one happy person. 

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 03:51:14 AM »
I'm happy you got your computer now. :) Happy simming Janna!

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 11:31:04 AM »
I just got my new laptop as well. Installing Sims has been a challenge as I've never had to deal with 3 different drives before. It also didn't recognize the Nvidia video card at first. I'm working on my second installation this morning. Thanks @MrsFlynn !

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 01:30:25 PM »
Congrats, Janna!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 01:46:42 PM »

I have yet to install my Sims 4 games.  Keep putting it off, leery with not sure of how to do what with it so don't want to mess it up.  Will probably do so this evening. 

Found out why the favorites won't transfer.  Seems that Microsoft for some reason hasn't fixed the problem of transferring from their own Internet Explorer to their new Edge. 
If I had another browser, Chrome, Firefox or other.  So, now I have to decide on which one I want to use for a browser.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 01:48:49 PM »
I use Google Chrome. Seems to work best for me.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 03:25:23 PM »
I have been looking at Google Chrome and at Foxfire.  Google had a bad name a while back.  So am a bit leery of it.  Will check out the reviews of them both. 

anything