Author Topic: Sims 3 - Can't Move Towns  (Read 8322 times)

Offline brittanieexxoo

• Nooboo
Sims 3 - Can't Move Towns
« on: January 24, 2016, 10:42:20 AM »
Hi everyone,

I created an account on here today to see if someone could help me,

I used to play Sims years ago and have started playing again as of recent and this time have downloaded some custom content.

I have downloaded 2 different sims that both have max skills etc.

When I go to move these sims to another town, it won't let me. I can make the call, pick the town, sell my house and my furniture and then as soon as I get to the next town I have to pick a family from the library, and the one I have just moved out isn't there.

I saw a suggestion somewhere that maybe I could save the sims into the library from the 'edit town' feature, I tried this but it doesn't work either.

I have looked several times on the web and I don't know if its how I'm wording it but I cant find anyone else who has had this issue..

Could anyone give me a suggestion as to why I can't do this or how I can resolve it? Thank you!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Can't Move Towns
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 07:00:55 PM »
I jumped into my current game to test this out and it seems to be working for me. You have 2-3 ways to move your household to a different town. You can move either by phone or computer. Both work similar to each other. Or use Edit Town.

By Phone or Computer:

Phone: Real Estate > Move > To New Town

Computer: More > Move > To New Town

* If you have a pregnant Sim in the household, you may not be able to move towns.
* Make sure your household has the money to move.

Once you are at the Choose a House Menu. You can choose a house or lot to place your household in. Then you can play your household as normal.

By Edit Town Mode:

1. Go into your game and go to Edit Town.
2. Select the household you want to move and click Save Copy to Library.
3. Go to the Main Menu.
4. Click New Game or load the save you want.
5. Once game is loaded, select household you want to move in and select a house or lot you want to move them into.
5a. Or if you have saved them with house, you will need to Select household and place where there is a blue empty lot box.
6. Click the Return to Game Setup button.
7. Click Choose Household - to play the household you just placed. At this point you should be able to play the household!! :)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rose_Bud

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 10:34:12 AM »
I have a similar question:
I have moved from one town to another using the phone in the past. But now it’s not showing me that option anymore.
I recently deleted all the sims 3 games off my laptop and moved them to an external hard drive. The game if running much smoother than before and i‘m Really pleased! My sims have been on holiday, they are vampires, the weather is changing and I have sent them to university. So I have reason to believe that most of the expansion packs are working. Now I wanted to move my sims from (I’m Not entirely sure if that’s what it’s called) mystic falls to the late night town because I want to play the film director career. My sims pick up the phone - I select real estate but it only gives me the option to move (not move to another neighbourhood).
Has anyone encountered this? Did I do something wrong when I installed the expansion packs on the external hard drive?

Thanks for your help!
Abd happy Easter everyone

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 11:13:13 AM »
I had this (phone stopped working) happen recently in one of my current games. I ended up having to do a reset the Sims 3 folder.

Sims 3 Factory Reset (What & Howto)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401814#msg401814

I tried saving household to the Library and start a new game with them, but that didn't work for me.

You might try changing active households to see if their phone works. If it does, try saving your family to the library and start a new game with them. If that doesn't work, try resetting the Sims 3 folder.

Best I can figure in my case, is that something in the Sims 3 folder caused the phone to stop working.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Rose_Bud

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2019, 09:46:20 AM »
Hello Mrs Flyyn,

Thanks for your reply!
As it turns out island paradise hadn’t installed properly. Now that all my games have finished installing the phone works again!:) thanks anyway.
Now all I have to do is earn enough money for the deposit.
Have a nice day