Author Topic: Generations - Daycare career - No kids come and Sim is "On the Clock"  (Read 4244 times)

Offline vgamer1991

• Llama Wrangler
Yeah so as many of you know (from previous questions), I have been experiencing many bugs with this career. But this issue appears to be with the career itself now, unlike before. No kids have been coming for the last day or two and the Sim who actually has the daycare job is "On the Clock" during work hours. She and her housemate, who I gave the mod "Homemaker" career to keep her available to help with the kids, have nothing to do all day. Is there a reliable fix for this issue?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Generations - Daycare career - No kids come and Sim is "On the Clock"
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 11:35:47 PM »
I did a search on this problem and found a couple of work-arounds that might help. I don't know for sure as I've never tried the Daycare career.

Try resetting the Sim/household.

Reset Town, Individual Sims and/or Evict Household
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,20732.msg401812.html#msg401812

Another suggestion that I found was to see if the town has enough toddlers by going into Edit Town mode and looking around at the families to see who has toddlers.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline vgamer1991

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 07:49:10 PM »
Thanks MrsFlynn, I was kind of stricken by your "make sure the town has enough toddlers" suggestion in particular, as this is the first I've heard of such a suggestion to solve the problem. I moved in one of the game's clipboard families (the Funkes) and just to be sure, at least while I'm living in this town, made an extra family with FIVE toddlers (and made them a two-story home with a backyard and five "Baby" style rooms, two for boys, two for girls and one for either gender). This family has three boys and two girls (who may or may not have all been born at once), but if another big family moves in with three girls and two boys, the house is flexible enough for the hypothetical family too. Once I move my families to a new town, my clipboard has several families with toddlers that were created for the new town (who were all created while I was playing the original version of said town that was eventually scrapped). For now the issue is fixed, but I did notice that sometimes not all toddlers come in the morning - today two came in the morning and one came around noon. Add that to the school-aged kids I'll be getting once my level goes up, and arrival times may be erratic while still technically functioning correctly.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 10:09:45 PM »
I was kind of surprised by the suggestion as well. But thought I'd pass it on as it did sound reasonable and easily doable.

I'm happy it worked out for you!! :)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *