Author Topic: Board Consolidation  (Read 9360 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Board Consolidation
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2016, 11:03:40 PM »
Ah ok! Thanks @MrsFlynn I guess I wasn't thinking about the fact that there would still be child boards, just far fewer XD

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2016, 11:12:32 PM »
We won't be taking away *all* childboards. As some of them are needed. We're just pairing them down so there isn't so many of them, and it will help forum performance in the way of loading faster.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2016, 01:00:43 AM »
I'm glad we are talking so much about this before making any decisions. Sims 3 is well-covered on this Forum, and as you can see in my last post, it seems silly to break its extreme organization now. The gameplay areas don't get many posts at this point. We did need to cut down on children and some Sims 3 boards in the stories section (like 5 of them) had only 2-3 posts. Consolidating those made sense, but with Sims 3 gameplay elements, they should stay untouched since there are so many topics there. It will help long-term members find things faster when someone new has a question that has already been answered.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2016, 03:15:24 AM »
I was just taking a look, and the building challenge for 3 and 4 only show up in 4 for me. How will the 3 players that are new, know where to find it, or even that it exists at all?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2016, 03:01:11 AM »
I was just taking a look, and the building challenge for 3 and 4 only show up in 4 for me. How will the 3 players that are new, know where to find it, or even that it exists at all?

We'll just have to hope that someone points it out to us.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2016, 10:50:24 AM »
We're aware that there isn't a 3 Sims Contests and Challenges board anymore. It was moved to the graveyard sometime ago. However when Carl gets a chance, probably on Friday he'll move it to the Challenges board.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2016, 05:26:00 PM »
Mrs Flynn, we're talking about the 2016 Building Contests and the ease of access to it. We're not talking about the Sims 3 Contests & Challenges Board.

The title of the board is 'The Sims 3 & Sims 4 Building Contest. And is described as: A board to conduct the 2016 Sims 3 & 4 building contest.

The path to get to it is through Carl & Pam's The Sims Community > Sims 4 > The Sims 3 & Sims 4 Building Contest.

There is no path to it from the Sims 3 boards, even through there is currently a child board of the Sims 3 -Swap Shop - Share and Download Sims 3 Content board called 'Sims 3 Building Contest'.

Maybe a comment on that child board along the lines of "Looking for Sims 3 Building Contests? Please go to the 2016 Sims 3 &4 building contest board for the current contest', with the board title as a hyperlink would be helpful.

Respectfully,

Dek

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2016, 08:32:28 PM »
Thanks guys. That's something I shouldn't go slowly on and will try to have it fixed as soon as I'm able :)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2016, 10:57:39 PM »
MrsFlynn has put up a post to make it more obvious. Additionally that board can stay until we figure a way to make contest locations more obvious. Thanks for bringing it up,  would've been a bad move to graveyard the board. :)

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2016, 11:09:26 PM »
Np lol I think that's probably the problem with having contests spanning 3 and 4 in the same thread. But, given the quietness of the TS3 boards, I can understand the reasoning of having it only on 4 initially

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2016, 11:36:31 PM »
@Deklitch and @Magpie2012

Is this what you guys were talking about?

Looking for Sims 3 Building Contests?
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=26481.msg441930#msg441930

Thanks Dek for taking the time to explain what was being asked.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2016, 12:57:08 AM »
Hi Mrs Flynn,

Yes, that was what I was meaning. Thank you for that.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2016, 05:03:33 PM »
Yup, that was it ;-D sorry, been crazy here and I guess my explanation talents took a turn for the worst lol now, imagine that in a corporate atmosphere lol and you'll have my week O_o

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2016, 10:22:20 PM »
I am really dismayed to see that the "XX residents with pictures" thread has been not only unstickied but dismantled.
Now, instead of bookmarking a single Townies and Townie Info thread, I've bookmarked all three threads.

Now that I have them all bookmarked, it's not an issue for me but I just want to say that the traits/aspiration/age/career info on the premade townies is super crucial for players engaged in dynasty challenges, tournament challenges, and other challenges which require looking for a spouse/housemates/friends.

Well, just my two cents.  :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2016, 03:24:25 AM »
I just heard from Playalot that the Townies Info threads are reunited and exist as a child of MrsFlynn's Informational Links thread.

So I just now bookmarked the new thread and deleted the three thread bookmarks I'd made yesterday.
Without knowing where to find the link or having the link bookmarked, I feel the information is not easy to find but I'm grateful that it's reappeared!

Thank you very much @MrsFlynn. All my sims and I thank you.

anything