Author Topic: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 5/2/2016 Completed  (Read 3920 times)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Welcome to Riverview, Gia Breve!
Gia: Breve? That doesnít sound right.
No, it used to be Kelly after your grandparents from Dragon Valley.
Gia: So why the change?
Because this time weíre going Short.
Weíll be following the rules found here Ö mostly. I donít use a story progression mod, so my sims may wed long-lived supernaturals who will be cured immediately upon entering the household. The second born child will be the heir.
So, step one Ė get a house.
Gia: *snorts*

Step two Ė met that rich man across the street.
Gia: Hello, Jon Lessen. Iím the woman of your dreams.
Jon: Yes, you are.
Gia: You know, heís going to be an elder in a few days.

No time to waste then.
Boyfriend secured.

Step three -  Spend the night at the firestation.  Thereís an easel there.
Giaís traits are Dramatic, Artistic, Good, Snob, and Vegetarian.  Her Lifetime Wish is Master of the Arts.

Step four Ė
Gia: Stop with the steps, already!
Gia met Jon at the elixir shop and married him on the steps. He brought $21,000 to the unionÖ

He also brought this car. Enjoy driving it one last time, Jon. Itís paying for your house and your multitabs.

Jonís traits are Great Kisser, Virtuoso, Hopeless Romantic, Charismatic, and Artistic. His LifetimeWish is Golden Tongue, Golden Fingers. His guitar skill is high (7?) but his charisma needs work. He is at level 8 in his music career, but wonít work again until his elder birthday.

Jon spends his spare time (hah!) at the subway station playing for tips.

While painting, Gia realized that she was with child.
Gia: Iím totally preggers!

On Jonís birthday, a bright pink girl was born.
Jon: Aww, let Grandpa-Daddy rock you.
Little Zyra is Evil and Easily Impressed.

Gia wanted to try for a second child late that night, but it was her Adult birthday and that just doesnít work.
Gia: Why, hair, why? No Ė I have wrinkles. Letís move!

Fortunately with the short lifespan, midlife crises are fleeting as is nooboohood.
Gia: Tickle, tickle Ö.

Gia: Now get in the walker so Mommy and Daddy can make a sibling for you.

Zyra has green eyes like Giaís.

The generation two heir is on the way.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Cruising the Danube, Amsterdam=>Budapest Dec 2018
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 11:31:02 PM »
Go Breves!

Jon is a good spouse, I find.

Love the rainboo Breves

< br/>
Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 11:37:46 PM »
Yay! Good luck with your short dynasty!
I'm rooting for you! Go Breves!
I can't wait to meet the generation 2 heir!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 06:24:34 AM »
Oh, you've tweaked the rules a bit to make the second-born child the heir, because a single child wouldn't be enough work, hehe.
Good luck!  Looking forward to reading about all the happenings, hook-ups, nooboos, and family expansions!
Go KRae! Go Gia!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 4/06/2016
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 04:15:56 AM »
@Deklitch , Jon is a good spouse. He was three days from elder when he moved in, but his traits, skills, and Lifetime Wish were too good to pass up.

Thanks, @LivvieLove , this 27 day lifespan is a killer!

@oshizu , somehow I convinced myself that it would be good to have an older sibling around to sort of pave the way and maybe provide one skill point before the heir becomes a young adult. It may blow up on me if a male heir has an older spouse though.

Birthdays are pretty much a constant. At least Zyra got a cake this time. She added Computer Whiz to Evil and Easily Impressed.
Zyra: Can I fix my hair and clothes? Remember I like orange best.
Sure. Thatís going to look great.

Zyra: Thanks for the computer, but you said I could fix my hair.
Just as soon as you get to level four in Logic.
Zyra: Slave driver!
Iíve only just begun, my dear.

Zyra: Thatís not exactly orange, but it will do.

Jon was doing well on his skills with guitar completed and charisma very close. His career, not so much. He just didnít have enough work days. He was at level 9 when he got an opportunity to go to China to learn about the music there.
He arrived safely and sought out the man who would teach him.

All he needed to do was return home and go to work to complete the opportunity. Before leaving, he did some shopping. The clerk taught him a song and helped him complete his lifetime wish.

All on his own, Jon listened to a tab cast on fishing.
You want to fish?
Jon: Yes, I just know Iíll be great at it.
Nice technique.

Using the multitab, Jon learned fishing at an amazing pace. He developed a new method at level 5.

The next day, he reached level 8 and tried the singing Chinese songs and waving the fishing pole around method. 

By the end of his 3 day vacation, Jon had maxed fishing and caught several perfect fish.

The next day back at home, the generation 2 heir was born. Little Zulu Breve is Brave and a Heavy Sleeper.

The next day, Zyra became a teen and a Supernatural Skeptic. 

Another day, two more birthdays. First Zulu had cake and became a toddler.
Zulu: Nosy much?

Gia: How can I be an elder already?

Zulu taught himself the rest of his skills while his mother painted and his father fished and went to work.

Gia: Good job on the walking, kid. Here, try this.
Zulu: Why you all gray and wrinkly, Mama?
*Gia and her watcher sob a little*

Somewhere along the line, Zyra decided she wants to be a Renaissance Sim. Sheís working on gardening and should have it maxed easily before Zulu becomes a young adult. She signed up as a professional gardener and is working on getting 9 different plants up to perfect. Gardening should be a good career for future spouses and spares. Itís a good money producer.

Jon was helping himself to some goopy carbonara before work. He was so close to his final promotion, but at age 28 days he just couldnít hold on even for a few more hours.

Jon maxed 3 skills (guitar, charisma, and fishing) and completed his lifetime wish Golden Tongue, Golden Fingers.

Thank you for the lovely medium tombstone and for the 12 different perfect fish. You will be missed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 05:49:07 AM »
What a great founding father you were, Jon!
And so esoteric! Loved the singing Chinese songs and waving fishing rod method! Considering the short lifespan and his age when your game started, KRae, you helped me achieve so much!

Are you going backward from Z this time? Zyra grew up so fast and Zulu is a doll!
Hard to believe how swiftly this Short Dynasty Challenge moves!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2016, 12:42:07 PM »
The first death as touched our lovely family here! Goodbye Jon, you've started a great dynasty!

Isn't it amazing how fast things go here though? If you don't already I highly recommend the Motive Mobile. Once you don't need to sleep anymore things get a lot easier! :D I can't wait to see how your family does!

< br/>
Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2016, 12:57:30 PM »
KRae, you helped me achieve so much!

Oooh, I meant you helped Jon achieve so much, not "me" (Do you think Jon was using me as a channel or something like that?)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 4/07/2016
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2016, 10:13:20 AM »
@oshizu , Yes, I am starting with Z. I missed out on using those great(?) end of the alphabet names in my family empire.

@LivvieLove , I'll keep the motive mobile in mind. I'm sure it would be a big help. I don't much care how many points they get, but the close calls on careers is a bit frustrating. Not sleeping wouldn't help with rabbithole jobs, but my heirs are going to stay away from those.

Zyra: Now that weíre good friends, Iíd like to give you a gift. Here, this is Fluffs. Heís my very best friend.
Gia: I really donít know you well enough and next time try giving a gift thatís more expensive.

Zulu became a child.
Sorry about the lack of cake.
Zulu: Hey, give a guy some privacy here!
Zulu is now rebellious.

Zulu: You know, I think I spotted the Loch Ness monster in the tub last night.
Zyra: Well, if you catch it, try giving it to Mom. I dare you.

Gia is at level nine in the painting skill and career. Sheís also closing in on her final days. Iíd like to consign her paintings now that theyíre worth more, but Iím afraid sheíll never get credit for them.

Meanwhile, Zyra became a young adult. Her traits are Evil, Easily Impressed, Computer Whiz, Supernatural Skeptic,  and Star Quality. Thatís useful with celebrity shut off.

The next day she graduated and was voted Most Likely to Hack the Military Facility.
Zulu: Pesky graduation! If Iíd gone to school today, I would have an A now.
*watcher snorts* Dream on, little dude.

Zulu: No cake, no A. Happy Birthday to me.
Hey, you didnít get the Grumpy trait. You Love the Outdoors.

Zyra: BWAAH! Happy birthday!

Zulu: Heh heh. Payback time.

Zyra: I love broken appliances, but stay away from my computer.

Finally, Gia completed her lifetime wish by maxing painting.

The painting on the left is Giaís fifth masterpiece. Supermax complete!

At age 29, Gia was quickly producing expensive large paintings and had less than $5,000 to go to top her career. Alas, it was not meant to be.

Zyra: Iíll miss you, Mom. Just when you were starting to make some real money, you go with Grim. If I stick around, maybe Iíll see your ghost. Bwahaha!
Such a touching eulogy.

Gia maxed Guitar and supermaxed Painting along with completing her lifetime wish. She had two children and bought the coffeehouse and the diner. She was happy enough to provide a small tombstone. Thatís 9 points for Gia. Along with 5 from Jon, Generation One made 14 points. Thatís much better than I expected.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2016, 12:38:28 PM »
Congratulations Gia on the maxed painting and supermax! The first generation is gone. :'( They will be missed!
Keep it up KRae!
Also, Rabbit holes can be done, but they're tricky. Ones like the medical field come a lot easier than science due to work hours and days (most likely to get a promotion in a day with 9+ hours at work rather than 5+). I can't wait to see how you approach this dynasty. :D It's hard to believe how fast it moves sometimes. I feel like I have 6 birthdays an update and a death every 2. ::)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2016, 04:40:30 PM »
Zulu is such a spoilsport at times, I thought he was the neglected spare but then realized your dynasty has designated the second-born as heir!
This seems like such a tricky challenge!

Will Zulu retain his childish sweetness as a teen?  hehe

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 4/08/2016
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2016, 08:50:47 AM »
@LivvieLove , I hadn't thought about it, but you're right. Medical could work for a male. Getting called in for emergencies really helps too.

@oshizu , Zulu's actually pretty nice, but evil Zyra gives him such a hard time.

Life goes on, and teens grow up.
Zuluís traits are now Brave, Heavy Sleeper, Rebellious, Loves the Outdoors, and Gatherer. He wants to be an Alchemy Artisan.

Zulu graduated the next day and was voted Most Likely to Save the World Ė with his vials of bliss I guess.

The bliss will have to wait. An heirís most important duty is the continuation of the dynasty. Everything else is just points.
Zulu met this girl at school. She graduated on the same day. Iím sure she has a nameÖprobably. Anyway, she lived in a house, but must have been a moved in NPC because later that day she was not only a proprietor at Performance Park, she was also a full on adult. Sorry Zulu. You need to move on.

I guess bliss wonít have to wait. Zuluís next stop was the elixir shop.
Zulu: Woo! Alchemy Artisan here I come. Iíll be right back. Iíve got a career to register for.

Zulu: You know all those elixirs I just bought? I want to consign them.
Elixir man: Youíre all alike.
Zulu completed his Alchemist career before his adult birthday.

A family moved into Jonís old house across the street Ė a man, his vampire wife, and their two teenage werewolves. Zulu kept an eye on them, and very soon the daughter became a young adult. He went for a visit, chatted for a while, did a little pillow fighting, and convinced her to move in.

This is what Melinda Augustine looks like after getting cured at the salon. Sheís Over-Emotional, a Great Kisser, a Natural Cook, a Perfectionist, and an Angler. She want to be The Leader of the Pack. Well, thatís not going to happen now, is it.

I hope you enjoy gardening, Melinda. Youíll be able to fish too, someday.
Zyra has already developed nine different perfect plants, including red berry beans. The money should start rolling in now.

From the bathroom we hear *BluurghÖFlushÖMoan*

Finally the vomiting stops.

From the second floor we hear *RibbetÖCroakÖMoan*

Time to read pregnancy books.
Melinda: Have you gotten to the scary part yet?
Zulu: Yes, I just started chapter one.

Zulu: If you have to go through all that, the very least I can do is give you this shiny ring and marry you.

Meanwhile, with Melinda tending the garden, Zyra had time to work on maxing her fishing skill.

Her second skill completed, Zyra went to the library to listen to her multitab and read about logic.
On her way in, she saw this man with a little toddler boy.

On her way out of the library, Zyra became an elder.

Melinda, who was due to go into labor in a few hours, went to a party at her parentsí house. No, this isnít a family member, just some random guest dying. In a short dynasty, the chances of throwing a party and not having a death are slim to none.
Melinda: Hey, you, over there. I hear you have a toddler. Maybe one of my kids can marry him when they grow up.
Man over there: By the time your kids are teens, mine will probably be an adult.
Melinda: Works for me!

Later that night, Yasmine Breve, Eccentric and Neurotic, is born.

A couple of days later, heir number 3 is on the way. This will delay Melindaís adult birthday by a couple of days.

Zuluís adult birthday seemed to trigger the appearance of Jelllybean, his imaginary friend.
Jellybean: Weíre going to be best friends. Weíll pillow fight and play tag. Itíll be so much fun!
*and get in his way, and walk in on him in the bathroom*

Not to be out done, Zyraís imaginary friend, Fluffs came out to play, also uninvited.

Well, since youíre at level 9 in logic and you want to max it anyway, you might just as well work on chemistry. I donít know if youíll have time to discover them all though.
Zyra: Especially if this keeps happening.

So far sheís only discovered 3 potions, but  Zyra did max logic and complete her lifetime wish by becoming a Renaissance Sim.

Although only her max gardening skill will count, Zyra did buy the family a Motive Mobile with her happiness points. Thank you!
Now teens may actually learn to drive.

Offline sdhoey

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2016, 11:26:19 AM »
ummm yeah... LOL "Grandpa-Daddy"  ;D I LMAO!!!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2016, 01:07:05 PM »
The motive mobiles have begun! Woo!
Congratulations KRae!
Man you're catching me up!
 ::)  :-X I'm such a slow poke haha.
Anywho, I did complete the medical career with Ima, but I feel that almost wasn't fair because there was a point where Sam was her boss (her husband) and that she got a promotion from that. Haha.
Also, I love the death at parties comment, it's so true! You almost stop throwing them after a while..

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2016, 01:27:22 PM »
Initially, I didn't understand the relevance of this remark until the follow-up at the party ("I hear you have a toddler").

In a regular Immortal Dynasty, we keep an eye on teens; in a Short Dynasty, you monitor the townie toddlers.  Really gives a sense of how fast the game moves.
Thanks for explaining the Zulu/Zyra dynamic. Zulu's moustache suits him.

Also, this is the first time I'm seeing IFs that aren't the opposite gender of their "owners." Different challenges, different strategies, I guess. Or can the gender be manipulated?

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2016, 01:45:46 PM »
Initially, I didn't understand the relevance of this remark until the follow-up at the party ("I hear you have a toddler").

In a regular Immortal Dynasty, we keep an eye on teens; in a Short Dynasty, you monitor the townie toddlers.  Really gives a sense of how fast the game moves.
Thanks for explaining the Zulu/Zyra dynamic. Zulu's moustache suits him.

Also, this is the first time I'm seeing IFs that aren't the opposite gender of their "owners." Different challenges, different strategies, I guess. Or can the gender be manipulated?
Gender can be manipulated by changing the name of the doll ("change to boys name " "change to girls name"). It's a useful trick.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 4/09/2016
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2016, 10:08:54 AM »
Thanks @sdhoey

@LivvieLove , Being semi-retired and somewhat obsessive compulsive helps with the speed. As far as parties go, unless I have a sim in politics or a party animal, I don't throw them much anyway.

@oshizu  and @LivvieLove , I manipulate the gender of an IF if I plan on using it as a spouse. This time I had no plans for the dolls and didn't make any changes so Zyra was given a male doll by the game. The dolls were never placed on the ground, but showed up as adults all on their own. Generation 3 didn't receive dolls in the mail. I don't know if that was just a quirk or a harbinger of things to come, or not to come in this case.

Yasmine had her birthday in a flash of sparkles.

She worked very hard on her toddler skills.

Melinda: Stop ringing the doorbell. Iím in labor here.
Some young evil guy was at the door. He had an argument with Zyra in town and liked it.

Yankee Breve joined the family. I think weíve lost our rainbooity. Yankee is Athletic and Clumsy. How is that even possible?

All fed and diapered, the little girls settled in for the night.

Yasmine had her child birthday.
Whatís the matter? I remembered the cake.
Yasmine: My hand is stuck in the counter and I want to clean the dishes.

You look pretty cute. Go play some chess on the computer. With all the abacus playing you did, so should progress quickly.
Yasmine: Okay, this is pretty fun, but how does it make use of my Brave trait?
It doesnít. Deal with it. Maybe someday weíll have a burglar and you can beat him up.

Zulu: I maxed Alchemy, but I refuse to supermax it!
Yah, I donít want to do that either. You maxed photography so weíre good. You just need to toss another 18 elixirs and youíll complete your Lifetime Wish.

Out in the garden, Melinda had her adult birthday. She needs to harvest another 300 plants or so to supermax gardening. She is very close to the top of her gardening career. Iíve been worried that she wonít get her medium tombstone. She doesnít pop a lot of wishes, and her Lifetime Wish is not possible. Fingers crossed.

Yankee became a toddler and made a beeline for the toy box.
Yankee: *Must get there before they stick me in the playpen*

Yankee: *Well, itís not the playpen anyway*

Zulu: Oh heck.

You donít look like garbage. You look very distinguished.

In the blink of an eye, Yasmine became a teen. Sheís a Virtuoso now. Somebody give her Jonís guitar.

Melinda: Iíve done everything I can in gardening. Itís time for you to take over, Yasmine, so I can go fishing.
Yasmine: Just two more levels in Logic and itís a deal.

Zulu took Yasmine out to learn to drive. It was a good thing it was Friday night because it took all night and well into the morning.
Melinda never wished to teach her.

Yankee learned her skills quickly and hid out in the toy box.

Outside the coffeehouse, Zulu threw one last vial of bliss and completed his lifetime wish. The world is saved!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 4/09/2016
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2016, 04:17:46 PM »
How do you do it? All you sims grow up looking so lovely!

Congrats to Zulu for maxing Alchemy and completing his Lifetime Wish!
Yasmine and Yankee are both very pretty!

You are moving so fast!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 4/10/2016
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2016, 01:06:31 AM »
@oshizu , This really does go fast. There's so much happening, I don't always remember to take screenshots.

Itís birthday time for Yankee.
See, Iím getting better at remembering.  Enjoy your cake!
Yankee gained the Lucky trait.
Yankee: These clothes? This hair? Lucky?
You look cute. Besides, itís for 2 days. Deal with it.

Somewhere along the line, Yankee wished to be a Master Acrobat, maybe when I let her work out for a while, so no more exercise for you until you grow up.
The adults have done so well on their skills that they actually have time for family fun.
Yasmine from the chemistry table: Hey, Iím part of this family too, you know!

Melinda: Iím fishing, Iím finally fishing!
Yes, Yasmine reached level 10 in logic and has taken over the garden. Melinda is not just fishing, sheís also wishing. Sheíll have plenty of points for a medium tombstone now.
Melinda: Morbid much!

There are now two mostly well-behaved teens in the house. The only booby-trap, is Zuluís sink. No one washes their hands.

Melinda took Yankee out to learn to drive. I donít know if itís because of Melinda or because of Yankee, but it took about 6 hours less than with Yasmine.

Both girls got to go to prom. Yasmine continuously was rejected by boys, while Yankee was elected prom queen and got into fights. Fun was had by all.

While they were out, Zulu, who is pretty much free-range at this point, played on the waterslide.

Melinda aged up to elder on her way home from fishing. The dress and shoes combo are so odd that weíre keeping it.

Jasmine became a young adult right after leaving the danceÖ

Öand Grim paid a visit. He could have come to collect either Zyra or Zulu at this point, but  at age 33, it was Zyraís time.

Zulu: Stop chatting up my daughter. Canít you see Iím devastated!

So we bid a fond farewell to Zyra and Fluffs.
Although only her gardening max counted, she also maxed logic and fishing. She furnished many perfect plants and perfect fish to be stored away just in case. She also provided a few Imaginary Friend Metamorphium and that amazing motive mobile.

In his grief, Zulu fought with apparently empty air.

Yasmine (Eccentric, Neurotic, Brave, Viruoso, Clumsy) wished to become a Hit Movie Composer. She loves her new job and her guitar, but unless she lives an incredibly long life, that wish will be out of reach.

In just a few short days, Yankee became a young adult. Her traits are Athletic, Clumsy, Lucky, Sailor, and Heavy Sleeper, and, as I said, she wants to be a Maser Acrobat.
Only Yankee and Zulu were home for the celebration, until they were joined by another.
Donít turn around, Yankee!

Evidently eating birthday cake is such a primal urge, that death canít even interfere.

Zulu and Jellybean, age 60, soon joined the family at the cemetery.
Zulu bought the bookstore, the supermarket, the bistro, and the criminal warehouse for 4 points. He completed his lifetime wish and maxed alchemy and photography and reached the top of his alchemy career adding 4 more. He had 2 children and was happy enough to provide a large tombstone.  Thatís 12 points just for Zulu. Job well done. Rest in Peace.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Cruising the Danube, Amsterdam=>Budapest Dec 2018
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2016, 01:46:28 AM »
Well done Zulu and Jellybean.

I wonder really weird things at times. Currently I'm wondering if imaginary friend dolls that aren't turned real become solid ghosts when their owner goes with grin and whether or not they keep on playing pillow fights with their owner in the land of Grim

As I said, a weird thought.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2016, 03:06:03 AM »
Your second generation really got so much done!  Brava!
Zyra got a lot done while I wasn't paying attention, lol.
I was wondering what you meant about Zulu being free-range.
He accomplished all that was required of him--the first of your heirs!--no wonder you were fine with him slacking on the waterslide.
Great job, Watcher!

I'm not quite sure who's left in the house now: Melinda, Yasmine, and Yankee?

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 4/11/2016
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2016, 10:42:21 AM »
@Deklitch , The little IF spirits seem to be still present in the little dolls. They don't teleport around like gnomes, but they do change positions. I like to think that they come out and play with their owner's ghost. Okay, we've officially put way too much thought into this.

@oshizu , Yes, it was just the three of them at that point, but that can never last long. On the short lifespan, nothing lasts long.
Zulu was like a free-range chicken. He just ran around the yard doing what ever he wanted.

Breve Tripsalot took the motive mobile to Performance Park to perform for tips. No one was there, well it was the middle of the night. At least she didnít embarrass herself.

She went to an empty gym and worked on her athletic skill instead, and got two promotions.
Yankee: You know, this would go even faster if you let me use those liquid job boosters we have in storage.
Those are for emergencies. This is not an emergencyÖyet.

That day both Yasmine and Yankee graduated. They went in and out of the courthouse at different times so no pictures were taken. Yasmine was voted Most Likely to Burn Down Their Own House while Yankee was voted Most Likely to Become a Sports-star. It just shows that being a teen for only 4 days doesnít allow your classmates to really get to know you.
Melinda had discovered that the former toddler guy worked at the nectary. She sent Yankee off to buy some nectar.
Melinda: Be nice to the nectar merchant dear.
Instead, Yankee ran into Dana Lofton who she vaguely knew from school.
He deserves a close up.

Yankee: Ooo, you have the prettiest lavender eyes. Will you be my boyfriend?
Dana: Sure.
Yankee: How about moving in?
Dana: Love too.
Danaís traits are Night Owl, Genius, Handy, Kleptomaniac, and Lucky. His lifetime wish Ė The Tinkerer. He has no Handiness or Logic skill points. Enjoy your multitab, Dana. He did, however, have four skill points in gardening and wished to become a professional gardener.
Dana was carrying a sloppy jalopy, a diploma, and a Most Likely to Take Over the World award.
Sorry former toddler guy. Thereís no way you could match up to Dana.

There may be a lot of close ups.

Yankee: I suddenly feel compelled to watch kidsí TV.

Dana made extremely fast progress in his handiness skill and was soon fireproofing the stove.
All Yasmine ever really wants to do is play her guitar. Thatís okay, busy sims are not flirting sims.

Upstairs, Yankee realized that she had a nooboo on the way.

Melinda: I really want to catch a perfect deathfish. Huh, outstandingÖmaybe tomorrow.

She never got the chance.
Melinda: Nooo, I want to catch a perfect deathfish! Oh, and see my grandchild born.

Melinda, age 28, joined the rest of generation 2. She supermaxed gardening, maxed fishing, reached the top of her gardening career, and provided a medium tombstone for a total of five points. Along with one from Zyra and twelve from Zulu, generation 2 made 18 points.
The grand total thus far is 32 points. Thank you Zyra, Zulu, and Melinda.

Yasmine and mostly Dana have been tag-teaming the garden. Itís been simplified to cash crops only. At this point that means red berry beans and six money trees.

Dana: Woo! Dancing to kidsí music is fun! I want to marry you.
Yankee: Yah, Iíll need to think about that for a while. Iíll get back to you.

Yasmineís after work autumn salad was interrupted by Adult sparkles.

Danaís shower upgrading was immediately interrupted for the same reason. Yes, theyíre exactly the same age.

Pregnant women are not allowed on the treadmill, but this is just fine. During her pregnancy, Yankee managed to reach level 8 in athletics and level 7 in her acrobat career. No job boosters were abused in the process.

Yankee: Wake up, Dana. I want to marry you right now.
Dana is nothing if not cooperative.

Yankee: You are just sooo cute!

Yankee: Pant, pant Ė I want to be a Master Acrobat..pant, pant.
What?!?

Twin boys joined the family. The first born, Xerxes, is a Disciplined Virtuoso.
X-Ray, our heir, is a Perceptive Genius. (No, no, no, you will not be a pervasive private eye)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 4/11/2016
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2016, 12:23:46 PM »
Another thrill-packed chapter!
R.I.P. Melinda! I loved the way you always kept your eye out for the ideal spouse for Yankee!
Yankee is really moving forward with her skilling and career.
Congrats to Yankee and Dana! I just love handy sims! And Dana is very handsome.
And double congrats on the twins!

I have three questions.
Did you delay the marriage between Yankee and Dana until they both had wishes to get married? (Sorry to ask, I just don't know...)
Is the only way to return rainboos to the lineage is to wed another sim with the rainbow slider?
In this connection, is Dana considered to be a rainbow sim?

Always look forward to your updates!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 4/12/2016
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2016, 10:47:07 AM »
@oshizu , Yes, I did delay the marriage. Those 5,000 happiness points are too good to pass up. In theory, there is a very slight chance that someone could inherit Gia's rainbowness. In Riverview there is no chance of running into another rainbow sim, Dana just has normal dark skin.

Yankee: I had one day to enjoy not being pregnant, and then this! I want to get a makeover at the salon.
No
Yankee: Move?
NO
Yankee: I know, I want to divorce Dana!
NO!
Could someone just wish for a new outfit or car for once.

The next day the twins had their birthday.
Xerxes got his fatherís hair and his motherís eyes.

X-Ray got his motherís hair and his fatherís eyes.

The boys learned their skills.

They still had time to grow close to their special dolls, Peaches and Hesper.

Yankee made it up to level 9 in her acrobat career just by working out. Since sheís a level ten athlete, that means sheís actually going to have to perform to get that last promotion.  Since she spent so much time fatigued and not being able to exercise, Yankee has made good progress on her guitar skill.

Dana went to the library where he could gain his last logic point without interruption. No one came to the library to die in the middle of the night.
Dana: I am The Tinkerer.

The boys had their birthday and got the same shirt. X-Rayís favorite color is blue, so he gets to keep it.
Xerxes: Hey! No fair! I got it first!
Really, you want to fight over that shirt.

Xerxes added the Bot Fan trait, and asked to learn to paint.
Sure, why not.

X-Ray may have one the battle of the shirt, but spends most of his time dressed like this. He is now Friendly.

Yasmine: Oh no, I think I spent too much time on the waterslide. Iím all wrinkly.

Dana: Canít a guy just get one uninterrupted nightís sleep around here?

Wow, Xerxes, youíre really cute.
I just realized that, as a twin, the only hope you have of learning a skill before X-Ray becomes a young adult is to hit the old photography tabcasts.
Xerxes: Okay, and I want to be a Renaissance Sim now.

While Dana cleaned up after gardening, I sold his money bags and redberry beans. Gardening career complete.

Thatís Yankee down there performing. No one showed up. Even the proprietor ignored her.

The boys became teens.
Xerxes: Ha! Look at your hair!
X-Ray: Well, you have blue shoes!
Xerxes added Green Thumb. Thank you! X-ray is now Nurturing. Could be worse.

Yankee performed one last show completing her career and her lifetime wish. She had an enthusiastic audience this time, and look, two non-elders.

Yankee got home just before the sparkles hit.

After adding a few aqua highlights, Yankee picked up her guitar and reached level 9.

X-Ray: Mom, let me present you with this fine bladder flow potion. Now are we good enough friends that I can ask you to teach me to drive?
Yankee: To the Motive Mobile!

Youíre looking mighty smug, Xerxes.
Xerxes: I just maxed photography, and Iím a good enough gardener to register as self-employed.

Poor Yasmine, 27 days old, only made it to level 6 in her career. She left work early for her meeting with Grim.

Rest in Peace, Yasmine Breve. You maxed Logic and Guitar and kept the garden going when no one else had time. Like all spares, you did a lot of work for very little glory.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 4/12/2016
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2016, 12:31:54 PM »
The X-boys turned out very handsome!
Why is X-Ray dressed like a junior scientist with white gloves in that one screenshot?
The shot of Xerxes in the orange shorts and matching T-shirt is soooo cute!

Hahaha, that of of Yankee's last performance where her only audience members sits at a distance with his back turned (that's the proprietor?)
Loved that shot of the now elderly Yankee, playing guitar. She's very fetching!

Are you enjoying your Short Dynasty? Seems so!