Author Topic: Sims 3 - Moving to a New Town  (Read 2202 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Sims 3 - Moving to a New Town
« on: April 16, 2016, 11:50:20 AM »
Hi, I have a huge family that I want to move to a new town. I want to keep them all together for now to preserve all of their relationships. After the move, I can split them up. Does anybody have any tips or suggestions for this? Thanks!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Moving to a New Town
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 02:27:48 PM »
There's two ways to move the household:

1. Move Town Feature. How to use

2. Save household to household bin (Howto) and create a new game in whatever town you want them to be in.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 02:36:08 PM »
Thanks Mrs Flynn! I'm thinking of the first choice. Then they're out of that town (I think). They have over a mil in money so they have more than enough money to buy a few mansions, LOL

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 08:05:16 PM »
I just wanted to say the reason I asked is I'm wondering if there is any ill effects from this kind of move. I've never done this before.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 08:39:28 PM »
Not that I've noticed.

I actually prefer to move this way (using the move town feature) than save household to library and create a new game. Then the game doesn't place the extra community properties that I don't want. However, that does mean that if you like the elixir shop, for example. You'll need to place it yourself.

Thanks for asking!! I've actually been meaning to make a how-to for using the move town feature. :)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *