Author Topic: Windows don't seem to have any glass in them?  (Read 1543 times)

Offline patellavulgata

• Nooboo
Windows don't seem to have any glass in them?
« on: April 16, 2016, 11:26:53 PM »
I'm in the process of building a house and I've noticed that when I put in windows only the frame with no glass in it seems to appear? I thought it might be an issue with reflections, but I've put that on in the options. Is this normal or is it some kind of glitch?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Windows don't seem to have any glass in them?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 11:31:48 PM »
It may be just a game glitch.

Try exiting the game and restarting the computer if you haven't already. If that doesn't help, try a new-test game to see if it happens in a new game as well. If it works fine. Something maybe glitched with the game file itself.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline starlives

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 05:00:17 AM »
My first ever post on this forum so I hope this is readable!
I think what you are describing is what happens to me when I place windows (and doors) in Build mode whilst having "Moveobjects on" active.  I have found that if I then use "Moveobjects off" and click on the window or door they become normal!  Hope this works for you?

Offline patellavulgata

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 05:09:59 AM »
Thanks for all tips and suggestions.

It may be just a game glitch.

Try exiting the game and restarting the computer if you haven't already. If that doesn't help, try a new-test game to see if it happens in a new game as well. If it works fine. Something maybe glitched with the game file itself.

No, for some reason this problem is the same with all my save files.

My first ever post on this forum so I hope this is readable!
I think what you are describing is what happens to me when I place windows (and doors) in Build mode whilst having "Moveobjects on" active.  I have found that if I then use "Moveobjects off" and click on the window or door they become normal!  Hope this works for you?

Thanks, I have tried that though and it doesn't seem to be the issue either.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 05:51:36 PM »
I just thought of something that might help. Have you made sure your graphics drivers are up to date?

Make Sure Drivers Are Up To Date
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,20732.msg401815.html#msg401815

Be aware that Sims 3 game and graphics settings will be changed when graphics drivers are updated. So it's suggested to take note of what your settings are. That way you can change them back after the drivers are installed.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything