Author Topic: The Sims Medieval Testing Cheats Help!  (Read 7986 times)

Offline catherinelinnea

• Lab Rat
  • Nooboo
The Sims Medieval Testing Cheats Help!
« on: April 22, 2016, 02:05:49 PM »
So here's my problem: I desperately want to use the testing cheats, but I have no way of getting to that folder. I bought the game a few years ago (back when I had crappy internet and a desktop) and played without cheats. Now I have a laptop with no disk drive that I'm playing on (I put in my code on Origin and downloaded the game from there). I have a kingdom that I love, but I have some glitch that's got me stuck on a quest. I know that I could just quit the quest, but I really don't want to. I have gone through all of the tutorials on how to enable testing cheats, but they seem to all go through a hard drive. Maybe I'm being stupid, but I have no idea what I'm doing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims Medieval Testing Cheats Help!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 02:46:54 PM »
I am not sure I understand the problem completely, but using testing cheats in-game doesn't require the use of the disk drive. Since you have the game installed via Origin you'll need to edit the Command.ini file. You would follow this path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Ini

A list of cheats and more information on this in the link below:
http://www.carls-sims-medieval-guide.com/cheats.php
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline catherinelinnea

• Lab Rat
  • Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 02:53:08 PM »
IT WORKED! Thank you so much! I have no idea what was going wrong, but at this point I don't care! You are a lifesaver and I am really just so happy right now you have no idea ohmygodsohappy!! ;D

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 02:59:53 PM »
You're welcome. What may have happened is in the way things get installed via Origin these days. If/when you install games via Origin they get installed into this folder - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\ by default. That means the way you search for files that may need to be edited has changed.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *