Author Topic: How long does it usually take to invent something?  (Read 1932 times)

Offline acerthorn

• Llama Wrangler
How long does it usually take to invent something?
« on: April 25, 2016, 10:05:14 PM »
It's taking HOURS for my Sim to make an invention. Granted, I have Nraas relativity, so time goes by slower than normal, but even still, this seems to be taking forever.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: How long does it usually take to invent something?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 11:20:24 PM »
I'm thinking there may not be a definite answer for this. As it may depend on different factors.

For example when I was trying to create the Forbidden Fruit with the Science Research Station it took probably a half hour to an hour real time.

So it may take as long to invent whatever. But it sounds like after you've invented said item. It shouldn't take as long to reproduce it.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 12:55:02 AM »
Mrs Flynn is correct. The first time, your sim really doesn't know what they are making so they just try this, that and the other. Then they make their invention, and discover that the that doesn't need to be in it, so they just invent it using this and the other and do it much quicker etc.

If you are trying to make the bigger inventions in particular, it will take longer than if you are trying to invent the smaller ones.

Offline Junan

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 02:14:29 PM »
Depending on what is being invented, various factors affect the speed.

In general, the higher level or bigger the size of the invention, the longer it takes. But other factors are involved.

Taking your "invention" as an example, Sims will normally take hours on the large ones but if they have the Eccentric trait, they do it much faster.

Likewise, Socially Awkward does the same thing but for the Science Station (i.e. Forbidden Fruit), Bookworm technically does this for cooking and alchemy recipe books and Supernatural Fan can affect the alchemy station research.

anything