Author Topic: Sim not gaining alchemy skill?  (Read 2202 times)

Offline laurela

• Llama Wrangler
  • Call me Cas
Sim not gaining alchemy skill?
« on: April 30, 2016, 09:48:19 PM »
I just got Supernatural yesterday (very cool, btw) and I was so excited to get a sim of mine learn alchemy. So i had one of my vampire sims learn alchemy. They got to learn it up to level 2, but then the skill bar just won't go up? Like it just won't and whether i'm at the alchemy station or reading a book it won't go up at all. Help please? Thank you :)
I have no idea what to put here.

A Phillosopher's Tale - A Life States Dynasty

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sim not gaining alchemy skill?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 09:57:23 PM »
Forgive me if I've repeated what you have tried already. Have you tried resetting your household or town? Another way to "reset" the household is to evict them and them move them back into their house. Link below tells more about it.

Reset Town, Individual Sims and/or Evict Household
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401812#msg401812
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline laurela

• Llama Wrangler
  • Call me Cas
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 10:00:03 PM »
Forgive me if I've repeated what you have tried already. Have you tried resetting your household or town? Another way to "reset" the household is to evict them and them move them back into their house. Link below tells more about it.

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401812#msg401812

I'll try both of these now, and i'll update you in a while to see if it works. Thank you :)

Offline laurela

• Llama Wrangler
  • Call me Cas
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 10:08:57 PM »

I've done what you've said and I've sort of figured out what's happening. It's currently 1 AM in my game so my vampire sim has that vampire moodlet thingy which makes her learn skills faster. When it got to 6 AM (when the moodlet expires), the skill bar wouldn't go up anymore. Is this normal? Do i just have to wait for it to be night again or what? Thank you :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 10:17:00 PM »
I've only played with vampires a little bit, but the moodlet does expire and may have an effect on their learning things. So it may be normal. They do learn faster at night due to them being night creatures :)
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline laurela

• Llama Wrangler
  • Call me Cas
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 10:19:02 PM »
I've only played with vampires a little bit, but the moodlet does expire and may have an effect on their learning things. So it may be normal. They do learn faster at night due to them being night creatures :)

But after the moodlet expired, the skill bar never went up again, but I haven't waited until night time again to learn it. Do you think I should do so? :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 10:29:39 PM »
Sure go ahead and try it. It's been a little while since I've played with a vampire. So it may be possible that they are learning - skill bar does go up, but way slower than if they were studying at night.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline laurela

• Llama Wrangler
  • Call me Cas
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2016, 10:33:29 PM »
Sure go ahead and try it. It's been a little while since I've played with a vampire. So it may be possible that they are learning - skill bar does go up, but way slower than if they were studying at night.

So my sim can only learn alchemy at night and it's not even going up during the day, so I guess that's pretty much it. I'll just have her learn alchemy at night.