Author Topic: Video camera videos don't play whole movie  (Read 1774 times)

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
Video camera videos don't play whole movie
« on: July 08, 2016, 01:23:40 PM »
My Sim recorded a home video, but all I can see is the first few seconds of it. Nothing else I recorded shows up, it's like looking at a picture, instead of a video. It's supposed to be a video, I remember when it first came out, the videos would play all the way through. Is there any way to fix this glitch?
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Video camera videos don't play whole movie
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 02:39:37 PM »
I've never played with the video camera in game. But wondering if the reason for the short video is that it needs to be changed in the game options?
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 04:05:52 AM »
I've never played with the video camera in game. But wondering if the reason for the short video is that it needs to be changed in the game options?
I always have my video settings at 9999, the highest i can set the video. I've never seen a game option for the Sim usable video camera, even if it did use my own setting I always set mine high, never low.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 02:10:51 PM »
I did a play-test with the video camera and it was able to record video just fine. So yes, it doesn't have anything to do with game options. I recorded a few videos ranging from a few in-game minutes to a few in-game hours. They all play fine as well.

I'm not sure what you've tried to remedy the problem. But you might try the troubleshooting tips below.

Reset Town, Individual Sims and/or Evict Household
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401812#msg401812

Delete Game Cache Files (What & Howto)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401809#msg401809

Sims 3 Factory Reset (What & Howto)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401814#msg401814

I was thinking if you want to test it out as well, you could do a factory reset plus new game with new Sims to see if that might help.

I once had my Sims paintings disappear or something like that. Clearing the game cache help bring them back. Not sure if it will help the problem. But it might be worth a try.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything