Author Topic: Help with roofing problem  (Read 2517 times)

Offline Kat.vengenz88

• Nooboo
Help with roofing problem
« on: August 13, 2016, 12:58:58 AM »
Hi everyone! I'm having trouble adding a roof to a house I'm building and I'm hoping someone is able to help me. I'm building a two story house but trying to put a roof on the first story porch. The problem I'm running into is that I can't get the roof to even somewhat line up with the hexagonal walls of the room on the second story(first pic).
image.jpg
This is what I'm trying to do
image.jpg
It doesn't matter if there is some visible roof inside, I'd just like to get as close to the real thing as I can.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Help with roofing problem
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 01:33:13 AM »
When I'm building a house like this I usually put free flooring down on all floors, and walls up. Put the roof on last.

For the roof I usually use a combo of hipped, Gable, Tall Gable and either Half Gable, or Half Hipped. - With Auto roof off. On the house below I used Hipped and Gable

The outcome looks something like this: (click images to make larger)

Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Kat.vengenz88

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 02:01:49 AM »
Great, thanks for the advice, I'll see what I can do :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 02:09:48 AM »
You're welcome. I also put up temp walls for the porches. That way I can put free flooring on the 2nd floor and work better with the roofing.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything