Author Topic: Can't interact with sim's phone?  (Read 4688 times)

LilahSavannah

Can't interact with sim's phone?
« on: August 20, 2016, 06:23:23 PM »
I've never previously run into this situation, but is there any reason why I wouldn't be able to click on any of my sims' phones? They can use them when portraits of friends are interacted with, to invite them over and such, but clicking on the phone itself isn't currently working. Any ideas? Thank you!

LilahSavannah

Re: Can't interact with sim's phone?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 06:30:55 PM »
Definitely meant to post this in Technical help, not sure why it's in this section. Sorry about that!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 06:39:20 PM »
I moved it as it's not anything that can be helped technically. As it sound like your game is running fine. It just has run into a gameplay hiccup. I haven't had this happen in Sims 4. But when it happened in Sims 3, I just went back to a previous save. How-To: Restore a Saved Game

In doing some searching on the problem, it is suggested to check the mods to make sure they aren't conflicting with the game.

I can't interact with anything in sims 4
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/I-can-t-interact-with-anything-in-sims-4/td-p/5375293
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

LilahSavannah

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 06:45:01 PM »
Thanks so much for the help! I'll look into those.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 05:36:42 PM »
@LilahSavannah  has this just happened since the patch that brought the new customizable phone covers? You could also try deleting the localthumbcache.package file from your The Sims 4 folder and do a game repair.

How To Repair Your Game

A lot of the patch fixes etc are not retroactive so if I ever get weird glitches after a patch I do this.

Also the UI Cheats Extension mod was affected by the patch.
There has been an updated version of the mod now released since the patch.If you have that mod in your game, it would be best to remove the old version and download the updated version.
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=558548
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything