Author Topic: How much free space for installing The Sims 2 ?  (Read 4311 times)

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
How much free space for installing The Sims 2 ?
« on: October 06, 2016, 11:57:39 AM »
I'm thinking about installing The Sims 2, with all expansion packs and stuff packs. I love mods and CC, I'm usually not the kind of person who plays vanilla games at all, I'm addicted to installing tons of stuff  ;D ... So I guess that both the software and downloads are going to take a lot of space on my hard drive but I guess not as much as the Sims 3 ? I have only 50 GB available on my BootCamp partition, my main partition is on OS X ; knowing that the Sims 2 wouldn't be complete on Mac, what's the best option in your opinion ? Should I better erase my BootCamp partition in order to resize it before installing the game ?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: How much free space for installing The Sims 2 ?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 01:12:44 PM »
According to this link you'd need 3.5 G for the base game. So, if you have 50 GB on your Bootcamp partition I would think you'd be fine.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/the-sims-2/10222

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 02:46:23 PM »
I had a peeksee at my install and user folders and this is what information I got from them. If you've got the full game.

Install folder is 12.5 GB

User folder is anywhere from 1GB to 2GB, maybe more depending what mods and custom content is added.

Just like Metro said, with a 50 GB partition you should be good to go.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 07:56:52 PM »
Thank you Metropolis Man and MrsFlynn, I'm glad to know that the partition size won't be a problem :)

anything