Author Topic: Sims 4 starting up straight into moving house mode, gallery not working properly  (Read 4419 times)

Offline LilSwis

• Nooboo
I'm having some issues with my game where when I start up the game and get to the main menu, there is no button to add a new family. So I click the play button, and at the top of my screen it says ''select a place to live $0 funds'' as if I am moving a household with no money or something. It does not start up with greyed out areas of the neighbourhood that light up with colour when you hover over them like it used to. I have attached some images below so you can get an idea of what I'm talking about.

Also, another issue I'm having is with the gallery. Whenever I place a lot, even lots with no CC in them and lots containing expansion/stuff packs that I have, my game will load like it is placing the lot, but now I no longer see the ''building lot'' message with a house being built, and when the loading circle goes off (after a few seconds) there is nothing there, and I will not be able to click on anything apart from the ''options, back to other worlds'' etc buttons at the top. It's almost like my game has crashed, but I can move my mouse and click the gallery/options/back to world buttons.

Also in the gallery, when I click on any lot in my library, the pictures of the inside of the lot are not there. It is just a blank square and when I go to click it says ''content not available''. It doesn't do this with any lots in the community unless I save them to my library, it only does it in my library. I have CC in my game, which I have tried removing then restarting the game to see if that is causing it, which it isn't. It happens with and without my CC in my game. I have no mods at all. I have deleted my cache, I have reset my sims 4 folders, I have uninstalled then reinstalled and I'm still having this problem. I've tried searching for this specific problem but I can't seem to find anybody else having the same issue. I've spoke on live chat to an EA tech support person and everything they suggested hasn't worked.

Thanks for taking the time to read and sorry that this is a long boring post to read.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
@LilSwis Welcome to the forum  :) I haven't got any answers for you straight away but I am also having the same issue with lots from the Gallery. I do remember seeing some comments on the Official Forums about problems with the gallery which I now can't find and there doesn't seem to be an open bug report about this problem so... a new bug I guess? It may be because the lots have dance floors from Get Together in them as I've noticed that any lot I try to build with or upload/download that has a dance floor seems to be having major issues including crashing my game at times. I'll keep looking around though to see if I can come up with a definite answer for you about this anyway.

- MrsFlynn might have some insight into maps not loading correctly. So hopefully she can help you there.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
@Playalot --- My game is having the same problem with the gallery that you just described ???.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
We looked into the maps not loading correctly issue earlier this morning and wasn't able to find anything. I even tried to play-test it. I did a factory reset, (Renamed the Sims 4 folder so game could create a new one.) It went into CAS after I clicked the play button and worked like normal.

So why it's not loading into CAS after clicking the play button could be a new bug. Repair game might help. [Log into Origin, right-click on Sims 4 and select Repair Game.]

It was mentioned an uninstall/reinstall was done, but was Ccleaner or some other type of registry cleaner used? This helps clean up temporary files, internet cache files and other files that are left behind that are no longer being used. Link below on our suggested way of doing an uninstall/reinstall.

Uninstall/Reinstall Sims 4
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21899.msg401673#msg401673

If that doesn't help, it may be best to report these bugs/issues to AnswersHQ
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/bd-p/The-Sims-4
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Rangervegas

• Townie
Yea I have had this problem with lots loaded from community and in my Library. The first two pictures are usually there, but the rest are blank and it says "Could not locate this item" I figured it was something minor since it was just lot pictures created by the creator and at least the houses themselves still work. This is something i've noticed going on with my library for a few patches now so it's nothing new and I figure maybe eventually they will fix it.

As to your first two problems I hate to say it but it's starting to sound like you may have a corrupted save file, weather this was caused by the recent patch, or CC that needed to be updated after the patch but wasent avalible yet is a toss up. Considering how badly this last patch damaged the game even without any CC i'd be leaning tword this being something that might have been created by the patch. If the game is starting up without the "Create new household button" that leads me to believe the game feels that the most recent save it made was one where you were in the middle of making a new family, weather that is correct or not.

I would try what MrsFlynn suggested first. Do as complete of an uninstall of the game as you can but keep your saves. Run CCleaner to make sure as much of the game is removed from the registry as possible, and try reinstalling and then starting the game without any custom content and see what happens. Unfortunately Sims 4 dosent have an interface for selecting older save games to load technically; only one that allows you to load different manual saves you yourself have made as far as I can see. But if you do have any older saves or other saves you can load from the base game screen that may at least get you to a point where the game is working normally and only having lost some of the progress with whichever family you are currently on.

If you want to dive deeper into it the game actually makes up to 5 backups of the current save game it believes you are on. If you go in and delete the most current save <the one that dosnt have a version # at the end of it> and then rename one of the older ones to remove the version # the game should look at that one as the most current save and the one it tries to use when loading the game to start. Unfortunately the game creates a new "slot" for each manual save and I believe each family you've created and it's not intuitive to know which one was the one that the game was most recently working from other than looking at the dates and times on the save files themselves.

In any case I wish you luck it sounds like a very strange problem to me thats for sure so I hope you can find a way to make it work. :D

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
I made a family and saved directly after, before even moving them into a new house and exited the game. Upon loading the game again I selected my Sims to move them and the game said they had $0 funds. When I tried to place the house I downloaded, nothing happened, no building took place, I had to go into manage worlds to get it to work.  I don't know if that's normal or not? ??? The game had, for some reason created a clone of my couple which seemed to be corrupted (I saw Flying Llama icons where their icons should have been) so I deleted them and used my original couple which seemed to work fine. I went into manage worlds mode to place all the buildings to be safe. I don't why my game did that, really weird!  ???

Also in the gallery, when I click on any lot in my library, the pictures of the inside of the lot are not there. It is just a blank square and when I go to click it says ''content not available''. It doesn't do this with any lots in the community unless I save them to my library, it only does it in my library.

I've been having the same thing happen with every house I've downloaded, I find that placing the house on a lot and then saving it to my library fixes it.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
re: Gallery issues with lots pictures missing, there is now an open bug report on this.

EA Bug Report missing Lot Pictures on Gallery
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rangervegas

• Townie
I made a family and saved directly after, before even moving them into a new house and exited the game. Upon loading the game again I selected my Sims to move them and the game said they had $0 funds. When I tried to place the house I downloaded, nothing happened, no building took place, I had to go into manage worlds to get it to work.  I don't know if that's normal or not? ??? The game had, for some reason created a clone of my couple which seemed to be corrupted (I saw Flying Llama icons where their icons should have been) so I deleted them and used my original couple which seemed to work fine. I went into manage worlds mode to place all the buildings to be safe. I don't why my game did that, really weird!  ???

Yea the strangest thing I find about that one is that CAS tried to start your new family with 0 funds. LOL sounds like something really borked with the CAS files somewhere.

Myself i've always gone to Manage Worlds to place any houses i've decided to put on an empty lot so I can make sure it looks good on that particular lot and it's not facing sideways or something strange. So i've never tried to do it from having an active but unplaced family selected. I dident even know that was an option. So not too sure on that one. :D