Author Topic: Stardew Valley  (Read 22984 times)

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Stardew Valley
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2017, 11:46:53 AM »
Chubs are pretty easy -- I think you can get them outside the Adventurer's Guild.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2017, 02:14:24 AM »
Thanks :) --- I've been fishing in that area, but I will try fishing even closer to the Adventurers' Guild --- right in front of it.

Edit --- I got a chub about an hour ago, so now, the community center is done  :)!

Edit:  I got 4 candles in Grandpa's Evaluation --- finally!!  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2017, 08:12:51 PM »
@Ausette --- I like your slime farming screenshot.  I started doing it a few days ago, but there were too many slimes after awhile, so I squished them with the galaxy hammer.  Today, I put 2 new eggs in the slime egg press, so I'll rinse and repeat --- especially until I have 1,000 slimes at the adventurers' guild.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2017, 01:54:48 AM »
What else goes in my character's wallet besides: the rusty key, the dwarish translation guide, the skull key, the Dark Talisman, the magic ink and the club card?  I did the community center route, and completed it awhile ago.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2017, 11:28:11 PM »
I guess this is the thread for this, but this is similar instead of the Sims thread about it, this is a post about:
"You Know You've Played Too Much Stardew Valley When..."
you've worn away your "A" key on your keyboard from using the ASDW keys on your keyboard.  That just happened to me.  I noticed it a few days ago.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2017, 04:52:23 PM »
Man, ConcernedApe has put so much more work into SV that I think my guide to it is very outdated. I hate that about writing for games, but it makes the game so much better so balances it out for me. I'm sure that I'll revisit this and try to improve it, I'm still glad some of you found it helpful. I think the biggest thing is the change to the start.

Does anyone know what precision does on the topaz ring? It increases it 10% but I really couldn't figure it out. You don't really miss much, if ever, if I recall. If someone knows what that does @mention me please.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2017, 10:36:11 PM »
Man, ConcernedApe has put so much more work into SV that I think my guide to it is very outdated. I hate that about writing for games, but it makes the game so much better so balances it out for me. I'm sure that I'll revisit this and try to improve it, I'm still glad some of you found it helpful. I think the biggest thing is the change to the start.

Does anyone know what precision does on the topaz ring? It increases it 10% but I really couldn't figure it out. You don't really miss much, if ever, if I recall. If someone knows what that does @mention me please.
You SV guide is great, @Carl!  The Topaz ring increases weapon precision by 10%.  I think that means that your character will get the slime, shadow brute, etc. exactly in the right spot on their "body" to kill them even faster --- but maybe not as fast as crit. power rings or swords. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline DrWho42

• Llama Wrangler
    • Linktree
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2019, 03:37:39 PM »
i love stardew valley. my character bird married penny on my first playthrough. :)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2020, 04:27:04 PM »
That's awesome @DrWho42 8)!

Offline DrWho42

• Llama Wrangler
    • Linktree
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2020, 03:42:25 PM »
concernedape received a news story from a local station:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YqdutJLIi8

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2020, 09:40:10 PM »
I recently started playing Stardew Valley again. Anyone else?

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2020, 04:23:03 PM »
I'm going to soon @oshizu !!  8)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2020, 05:38:58 PM »
I'm going to soon @oshizu !!  8)

@coolsim9999999
Haha, I started a new farm because I'd missed the 1.4 update last year (I'm working on the movie threater). 
I forgot how bad I am, though, at Skull Cavern. :(
Now I wonder what the 1.5 update will bring....

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2020, 06:49:31 PM »
@oshizu --- I just got better at Skull Cavern --- make tons of staircases for mummy levels and bring a lot of food and bombs.  I love the new chests and the dessert cart to help you.  I also always put 2 chests outside Skull cavern in the "entrance" before the door with the skull.  I put 2 chests in the mine next to the elevator, as well.  So you don't lose any of your stuff :)

Edit: Also try to get iron ore and coal/bring those 2 items to make bombs as you go!  I love to bring Pumpkin Soup (7 hearts with Robin to get the recipie in the mail.)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2020, 07:17:12 PM »
@oshizu --- I just got better at Skull Cavern --- make tons of staircases for mummy levels and bring a lot of food and bombs.  I love the new chests and the dessert cart to help you.  I also always put 2 chests outside Skull cavern in the "entrance" before the door with the skull.  I put 2 chests in the mine next to the elevator, as well.  So you don't lose any of your stuff :)

Edit: Also try to get iron ore and coal/bring those 2 items to make bombs as you go!  I love to bring Pumpkin Soup (7 hearts with Robin to get the recipie in the mail.)

@coolsim9999999
Wow, sounds like you're gotten really good at Skull Cavern!!! In my recent game (Fall of Year 2, I think), I visited Skull Cavern three times and died each time on the first floor, LOL!
So then, I started working on the Gourmet Chef achievement instead. But I got bared with that and started the forum's SimTech challenge instead.

I'll try your great tips later, though, make another attempt at Skull Cavern. :)

anything